Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Rostov-on-Don borders Ukraine, so it's not that deep of a strike, but it's hitting infrastructure in Russia proper, that Russia needs to support Crimea/Kherson/etc.

Also, misidentified drone - it's a Ukrainian-made drone.

Very nice hit, definitely did some major damage.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

32 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Are the strikes in Russian territory picking up or something?  Or are they trying to force Russia to deploy more air defense systems in Russia proper.

I think they are picking up as well as more resistance behind the lines. Lots of explosions/fire within Russia proper all of a sudden.

Now go blow up the damn bridge and I will celebrate. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

Seems like the soldiers defending Sveredonetsk were given the tough task of holding out while the real action was set up down south.

That Ukrainian media blackout in the Kherson region is a dead giveaway something is up.

If they launch a major offensive on Kherson (more than what's going on now), Russia will have to pull troops out of the Sveredonetsk area, so that would be some relief there.

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That Ukrainian media blackout in the Kherson region is a dead giveaway something is up.

If they launch a major offensive on Kherson (more than what's going on now), Russia will have to pull troops out of the Sveredonetsk area, so that would be some relief there.

they're already pulling troops out of Mariupol to head east. 

As far as Kherson - good video from a dude I follow:

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, The Dog said:

they're already pulling troops out of Mariupol to head east. 

As far as Kherson - good video from a dude I follow:

This may be the first time that Ukraine is primarily dictating the terms of the engagement. At least, it’s the first one I know of.

This is being described as a coup of sorts by a lot of people, with a lot of claims of Russian interference.  Could fuck with Sweden and Finland joining NATO, EU stuff, etc.

Apparently there are demonstrations and people are pissed.  Petkov fired the pro-Russian defense minister back in February after he refused to condemn Putin’s actions, etc.

• Rage+1 1

If Finland and Sweden are prevented from joining NATO - by Turkey, Bulgaria, or someone else - we’ll form a “Baltic Security Organization” with them, Norway, Denmark, etc. The mutual security arrangement and the benefits that it provides will not be prevented. All of these assholes would do well to accept whatever “concessions” we’re offering or else they’re going to fuck around and end up with nothing.

• Hook 'Em 3

Another story that didn’t make it on here is the Estonian source “Karl” said 41K RU KIA number is floating around in RU military circles.

With more thought, I’m guessing it means UKR numbers are fairly accurate and a lot of phantom troops on payrolls had to become KIA when the rest of their units were.

This guy has been there for 3-4 years and holds dual citizenship, but still not going to go over well in the West.  I know Russia wants to discourage foreigners from fighting for Ukraine, they definitely need to given their manpower woes, but this is only going to piss off Europeans and keep the sanctions on them.

Dumb as fuck, so of course the Russians will probably do it.

• Hook 'Em 1

BRICS business forum going on.

Little clip released by the Kremlin.  On the one hand, not much is said, on the other hand, telling that he's talking about Indian supermarkets and Chinese cars in Russia, and he's talking about reorienting the Russian economy towards deeper ties with the BRICS members.  Almost like he acknowledges that things aren't going back to normal.

17 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

According to Empire of the Summer Moon, I bet the Comanches roaming central Texas could

One of the wildest books I've ever read.  Insane what they could do on horseback.  At one point, N.Texas was ground zero for Comancheria and was arguably one of the most dangerous placed on earth!

• Hook 'Em 2