Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

4 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Quite bellicose talk. Pretty remarkable to be stridently advocating WWIII as if there would be any winners, least of all Russia.

Their propaganda talking shows confuse me. 2 audiences that I can figure- Russian people and the west.  Do they really want the Russian people thinking there’s about to be ww3?  Do they really think the west believes any of it?

why not stick to the lies about winning in Ukraine?

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Their propaganda talking shows confuse me. 2 audiences that I can figure- Russian people and the west.  Do they really want the Russian people thinking there’s about to be ww3?  Do they really think the west believes any of it?

From the beginning, this was sold to the Russian people as a war not just against Ukraine, but against the encroachment against of the West and Ukraine’s alleged Western puppet masters.  It is not enough for Russia to beat up on its smaller former colony. They have to face down the rich, arrogant West, to bluster and bluff and prove they can scare us.  That’s what is understood by restoring Russian greatness. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Cold blooded to frag a dude while he's taking a shit.  Looks like it probably wasn't fatal, so I hope that he fell into poison ivy.

Fun fact: Poison Ivy is native to North America.  John Smith and the settlers at Jamestown bitched about it.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

41 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

From the beginning, this was sold to the Russian people as a war not just against Ukraine, but against the encroachment against of the West and Ukraine’s alleged Western puppet masters.  It is not enough for Russia to beat up on its smaller former colony. They have to face down the rich, arrogant West, to bluster and bluff and prove they can scare us.  That’s what is understood by restoring Russian greatness. 

In addition to what 956 said, Putin maybe preparing Russians for large-scale mobilization.  They are also preparing the Russian people for the long haul when sanctions really start to bite. They have to understand why they can’t buy fancy electronics, why new cars don’t have airbags, why a bunch of companies have to layoff, etc. because Russia is not quite there yet, but it’s coming.  Russia is still coasting off of oil and gas and wheat profits and products that were in the distribution pipelines back in February and March.

They also have to justify the massive crackdown that is coming on remaining freedoms.  The nightly state TV show is laying the groundwork for large-scale round-ups  of “dissidents” which is probably going to coincide with mass mobilization.   And when they start conscripting in large numbers, you’ll see dissent.  The youth in Russia have been in the proverbial pot of water warming up, and don’t realize what it’s like when it hits boiling and their freedoms are completely gone.  All they’ve ever known is a decent amount of freedom compared to their parents and grandparents in the USSR.

As for the western audience, there are plenty of dumbshits on Twitter in Europe and here in America who think the West is going to start slinging nukes at Russia and that the West wants nothing more than to start a shooting war with Russia.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

good read - covers how eastern Ukraine and western Ukraine have different attitudes towards Russia. Also how different generations view Russia (especially those who lived under the Soviets.)

The article was a good read. Striking to me was— youth translated into more support for Ukraine, as did being a woman.  Dedicating the bulk of the article to the thoughts of a middle aged man who left UA in 2014 may have been unavoidable, but also skewed things.  Given his Russian language bias and his choice to leave after 2014, a lot of his opinions were “frozen” and reflective of the East-west split as it existed in 2014 and not now. It’s also relevant that he chose to flee to Estonia, where allegedly Russians are oppressed and discriminated against rather than to Russia proper. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

I was wondering if it is related to the RU false flag operation in Belarus that intelligence is saying is coming. Launch missiles from Belarus to claim the false flag is a UKR attack to response to get Belarus citizens behind Belarus getting involved.

I am doubtful that Lukashenka will concede to active BYS involvement in the war. His support at home is more precarious than Putin’s. He has seen mass protests very recently. There is a popular and charismatic opposition leader, who is recognized by many as president, outside of the country and ready to pounce on any misstep (Tsihanouskaya). His people have not been fed a diet of Ukraine as evil and in fact he was trying to shift West until 2020. They are uninterested in war with Ukraine and he will want his army at home and not in the field where discontent can simmer.  Direct BYS involvement in the war is a disaster for him, so I’d lean towards him letting RU use his territory as a consolation. For that matter, Putin likely doesn’t want Minsk to erupt and become a problem while he is dealing with Kyiv. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

For that matter, Putin likely doesn’t want Minsk to erupt and become a problem while he is dealing with Kyiv. 

Talk about a dilemma.  I almost feel like he’d give up Belarus if it’s a choice between fighting in both countries. If Belarus goes downhill he’d have to dump tens of thousands of Russian troops, maybe even a hundred thousand, into Belarus to occupy the major cities, and the moment Russians fire on civilians in Belarus, the place probably goes into full revolt.  Belarus is landlocked as well and he needs Crimea more than anything in Belarus.

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

This is our concern, dude.

What’s the concern?  The Russians already fully willing to fight in Ukraine are arguably already there fighting.  

He’d be rounding up a shitload of Russians, many/most of whom don’t  want to fight, and either spends months training them up, or throws their lives away with a few weeks of “point the snooty end of the gun at the enemy” which is going to make even more of them rebel/desert.  He will have to devote loyalist/security officers to pointing their guns at the conscripts to keep them moving forward or from deserting.

And the way the Russian military is trained, conscripts finish their advanced training at their units, which would mostly be in Ukraine, which means they’d be learning advanced skills while getting shot up.

He’s not pulling modern battle tanks out of his ass, and his factories will need a few years just to replace the modern tanks that were lost up through May.   He’s scrounging up artillery ammo from Belarus because his factories apparently can’t keep his forces supplied with the simple/dumb artillery ammo they need.  

And keep in mind that his propagandists and Duma allies have been going on state TV every night proclaiming the inferiority of Ukraine and how well the Special Operation is preceding.  Special Operation, not war.  If thousands of Russians suddenly get called up illegally (assuming he doesn’t declare war)  to fight in Ukraine against their will in the Special Operation, they can refuse to fight *and* then things get interesting and his carefully crafted facade on nightly state TV falls apart   

• Hook 'Em 2

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/26/politics/us-missile-defense-system-ukraine-coming-announcement/index.html

The US plans to announce as soon as this week that it has purchased an advanced, medium-to-long range surface-to-air missile defense system for Ukraine, a source familiar with the announcement tells CNN.

Range of over a hundred miles.  Ukraine wants to start hitting Russian aircraft before they can launch cruise missiles, etc. and NATO will be providing them plenty of intel.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Long thread with photos from February 24 showing that Russia intended to land or airdrop a shitload of airborne troops and vehicles at Antonov  Airport.  Ukraine defeating them in the early days there is probably a lot bigger story than people realize.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

Long thread with photos from February 24 showing that Russia intended to land or airdrop a shitload of airborne troops and vehicles at Antonov  Airport.  Ukraine defeating them in the early days there is probably a lot bigger story than people realize.
[/url]  

Reminds me of those reports of downed IL-76s we never saw. Wishful thinking perhaps.

As the besuited leaders sat down for their first meeting of the three-day G7 summit in the sweltering Bavarian Alps, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson asked if their jackets should come off - or if they should even disrobe further.

We all have to show that we're tougher than Putin," Johnson said, to laughter from some of his colleagues.

"Bare-chested horseback riding," shot back Canada's Justin Trudeau.  "Oh yes," said European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen. "Horseback riding is the best."

Putin, who prizes his sporty image, has been pictured shirtless several times in photos released by Russian state media, including one set in which he rode a brown horse while wearing wrap-around sunglasses, a gold chain and army trousers.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Holy shit, we taught the Ukrainians well.  Also, this is probably being reported on purpose, to force the Russians to move more surface-to-air, etc.back into Russia proper.

I remember replying probably in April once the "strange" explosions kept happening that I was really surprised that Ukraine hadnt sent in like 30  4-5 man teams loaded with manpads, C4, and hitting all the bases near the Russia-UKR border. 

guess they were doing it.  although it sounds like it was more like 4-5 teams