Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

21 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

"By making Kherson part of Russian territory, Russia hopes to deter Western arms supplies for Ukraine's counter-offensive as they could lead to a direct NATO-Russia clash"

Is anyone really going to buy that?  NATO countries aren't going to recognize any of the Russian expansion as legitimate.  Does Russia really want to engage NATO directly over this?  FAFO.

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, dimyh said:

Short video of a Ukrainian family talking about how surprised the occupiers were about basic amenities.

I remember accounts of the same astonishment when the Russians made it to German territory in 1945.  In that case, the reaction was "You have all this stuff, why would you want to invade us?"  Of course, the modern take is, "You have all this stuff, of course we want to invade you."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Wait a damn second.

This chick is over there?

Yeah, she runs their social media and is the team medic. Don't let the blonde hair fool you, she's the former Norwegian PM posted in here a couple of times already walking around the north of Kyiv, usually with black hair.

• Hook 'Em 4

I remember accounts of the same astonishment when the Russians made it to German territory in 1945.  In that case, the reaction was "You have all this stuff, why would you want to invade us?"  Of course, the modern take is, "You have all this stuff, of course we want to invade you."

It is how Russia continues to sell the decadent west is why your lives are shit; the Kremlin will continue to fight the west to better your life.
  • Hook 'Em 1

We can hope, but of course you get a lot of conflicting information. Some say it just collapsed one side, some say just some extra holes, and of course, Russia claims they shot down all the rockets, despite the obvious footage showing the opposite. I think it'll be daylight there in like 3-4 hours, so I can't wait to see what actually happened.

• Hook 'Em 1

I just held a vote and decided that Manhattan is now part of the Nivekistan territories.  All properties are nationalized and yet available for lease. 

I knocked down my fence and my neighbor’s back yard elected itself part of my backyard. It’s annoying because he used to have a pool I’ll have to maintain. But elections have consequences.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Gathering from the internet of things that the Ukraine counterstrike on Kherson has begun.

Sounds like the bridge was hit really hard this time around.

And I'm curious about the timing of the US accepting Ukrainian patients at American hospitals in Germany.

• Hook 'Em 3

I would expect it is 1- we anticipate an offensive. 2- Their military hospital system needs to be treated like triage, just like we did in Afghanistan and Iraq and 3- sends a message to Russia we are here to stay with more than providing weapons. It will be their serious wounded who head west. 

Where are you seeing about the bridge?