Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Are we sure this isn't some tongue-in-cheek parody of the whole Z-head thing? Not like they can do an actual protest.

The obergefreiter sleeve insignia kind of seems like a bit. I mean, it feels like they’re going to start goose stepping and bust out with “Springtime for Hitler” any second now.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

The obergefreiter sleeve insignia kind of seems like a bit. I mean, it feels like they’re going to start goose stepping and bust out with “Springtime for Hitler” any second now.

I could see it going either way. Could be artsy kids camping it up, or else dead-serious totally-not-gay nationalist he-men and their girlfriends, like some other stylishly dressed organizations in Europe's past.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

Are we sure this isn't some tongue-in-cheek parody of the whole Z-head thing? Not like they can do an actual protest.

It’s a homage to Kornilov’s Shock Regiment that fought in the Russian Civil War for the Whites.  They were a nasty bunch themselves, known to use lots of terror tactics against the locals. Active mostly in the Southern Russia/Don regions.  

I don’t think it’s a protest, this is not big-brain time in Russia. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

FZg-DTrXEAc1tAH?format=jpg&name=medium

If I learned anything from watching James Bond movies it's that these chicks need to be smacked around before engaging in flirtatious small talk followed by sex then they are killed post-coitus with a Walther PPK as they reach for a knife under the bed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Here is the history of the insignia.  The death’s head is the Kornilov Shock Regiment, which was well before the SS were around. Combines with the Volunteer (White) Army insignia.  It’s really weird to me that modern Russia tries to adopt both the Whites and the later Soviet imagery as it’s own.

image.jpeg.344a2c504bcec1c046af21edcde848bd.jpeg

image.jpeg.2edc637dff9ef38c4e3e7e27eba753a7.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Here is the history of the insignia.  The death’s head is the Kornilov Shock Regiment, which was well before the SS were around. Combines with the Volunteer (White) Army insignia.  It’s really weird to me that modern Russia tries to adopt both the Whites and the later Soviet imagery as it’s own.
image.jpeg.344a2c504bcec1c046af21edcde848bd.jpeg
image.jpeg.2edc637dff9ef38c4e3e7e27eba753a7.jpeg

The more you know.

It’s even more confusing that guys with Nazi tattoos talk about how they need to go eliminate Nazis while simultaneously using all the White Russian and Soviet imagery you discuss. Cognitive dissonance knows no borders I suppose.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Remember, they hate the Nazis because they betrayed them, not because of what they stood for. They could care less about all the atrocities the Nazis committed. All they care about is that they betrayed them.

This is 100% on point. Thanks for the reminder.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Remember, they hate the Nazis because they betrayed them, not because of what they stood for. They could care less about all the atrocities the Nazis committed. All they care about is that they betrayed them.

v v good post.  in eastern poland, every new wave was viewed as liberators, because the prior version (soviet, then nazi, then soviet) was nonstop war crimes 

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

v v good post.  in eastern poland, every new wave was viewed as liberators, because the prior version (soviet, then nazi, then soviet) was nonstop war crimes 

Yep, we should all take a moment to remember that denazification has nothing to do with eliminating Nazis as we think of them and everything to do with eliminating those who they perceive to have betrayed them, or just enemies.

The sole info for the Nork stuff is Russian state TV and they quote Russia’s ambassador to North Korea. I’d place lots of money on this being entirely made up in an effort to convince Russian viewers that is OK they don’t have any friends but North Korea anymore. It’s just not credible at all. 

On the other hand, I do believe they’d send slave laborers to rebuild occupied Ukraine in exchange for whatever hard currency Russia still has left.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1