Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

51 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I want to chime in here to note that there are several posters on this thread that know shit about fuck and are clearly not the average bear when it comes to security and military affairs, or this conflict in particular. It’s a pretty cool asset on a football board and their posts stand out and are easy to spot. 

Same. Being addicted to this thread has made me realize I chose careers poorly and should have been better at football. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

Those two big explosions are too simultaneous to be secondary. 

Yeah, could be missiles with submunitions, including using HIMARS with the long-range stuff, but nobody has video of missiles headed that way.

It's interesting.  Would be cooler than HIMARS if it was Ukrainian special operations folks.

I saw a few people discussing that the timing of this was meant to be as visible as possible, captured on plenty of cell phones.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, could be missiles with submunitions, including using HIMARS with the long-range stuff, but nobody has video of missiles headed that way.

It's interesting.  Would be cooler than HIMARS if it was Ukrainian special operations folks.

I saw a few people discussing that the timing of this was meant to be as visible as possible, captured on plenty of cell phones.

Could be planted bombs on a timer, but they sure as hell weren't secondary explosions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Glad they are so stupid number 1,456,271. There is a dedicated set of isolated ammunition bunkers on the north end of the base but fuck using those. 

I'm calling the babushkas sent pies full of C4 to ground crews. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

However the Ukrainians got it, the tactical win is huge. The messaging win is bigger:

You are not home. You are not safe. You should not be here on vacation. This is not Russia. 

And to answer an earlier question, I support arming Ukraine so they can control all of Ukraine as recognized under international law. Like they did pre-2014. Russia lost any credibility they had to negotiate on that point. 

Yep. They are not even pretending to give a fuck about human casualties or destruction. Their doctrine, as pointed out earlier, has not changed since WW2. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There's some red in the smoke, too, which is a signature of nitrates burning.  I think that, unlike the Japanese at Pearl Harbor, Ukraine targeted both ammo and fuel storage.  Airplanes and helicopters without fuel and munitions are just fancy gate guards and scrap metal.

But the planes getting destroyed as well would be bad ass as it would be the largest single day RU aviation loss ever. There was over a billion dollars of planes parked there, 4 hours earlier, which Russia cannot replace.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

But the planes getting destroyed as well would be bad ass as it would be the largest single day RU Air Force loss ever. There was over a billion dollars of planes parked there, 4 hours earlier, which Russia cannot replace.

Maybe Iran, Syria and the Norks can loan them some 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

But the planes getting destroyed as well would be bad ass as it would be the largest single day RU Air Force loss ever. There was over a billion dollars of planes parked there, 4 hours earlier, which Russia cannot replace.

Oh, I agree that you go after the aircraft, too.  Lost equipment has to be replaced, too.  When supplies are more concentrated, giving more bang for the buck as it were, they are the better target.

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I want to chime in here to note that there are several posters on this thread that know shit about fuck and are clearly not the average bear when it comes to security and military affairs, or this conflict in particular. It’s a pretty cool asset on a football board and their posts stand out and are easy to spot. 

Thank you.  You're too kind.  :)

(I'm joking of course. I'm just a moron in the background.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Given that she’s close to Putin, I’m guessing she had permission, or a directive, to publicly state it was a Ukrainian attack.

They’ll very easily backtrack, or more likely just continue to spout two realities as once depending on whom they’re talking to. Newspeak is real in Putin’s Russia. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

They’ll very easily backtrack, or more likely just continue to spout two realities as once depending on whom they’re talking to. Newspeak is real in Putin’s Russia. 

Comrade, obviously this was an act of goodwill