Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

So Russia is a city-state.  Cool cool

There’s a reason why they were recruiting the rural areas hard.  Around a quarter of the population is in or around a handful of cities and there’s a lot of clout there, and if any of those cities erupted with protests, it would be hard to put them down.  

The other 75% live in really small towns scattered across the biggest country on earth, that could easily be crushed by internal Russian police forces if protests erupted.

• Hook 'Em 1

If Russia blows up the Zaporizhzhya nuke plant, that feels like one of those lines that if crossed, would lead to sanctions against the countries still buying from Russia, including China.  We already send a ton of stuff, and I’d imagine that’d ramp up, especially the EU sending stuff, because it’d fuck with Europe.

Bur I don’t see how Russia would see that as something they have to blow up - seems like it’d be more worthwhile to them to launch 50+ missiles at Kyiv.

21 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

TL:DR.... Russian weapons suck, no one wants to buy them. 

Reminds me of the first Gulf War. Saddam had all these vehicles. Russian, Brazilian, you name it, Well the A-10 came and said BRRRRRRRRRRPPP. 

Who would buy their crap other than a place like Mali? 

If you are a petty dictator whose main goal is suppression of domestic opposition they may still be a viable supplier if they can ever restart the production lines. Otherwise I think China will step in, they give no fucks about human rights either. Just ask the Uyghurs.

11 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

it seems weird to me that losing 8 planes would bring them to their knees. 8 doesn't seem like a lot.

putin starting this war has to be the greatest military blunder ever, right?*

*i am not a military historian.

They are definitely making a push on engaging in a land war in Asia territory

image.jpeg.70ed5c69010de72e2e0d8c7b37b8d1b8.jpeg

10 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Ukraine looking at Russia be like:

10 hours ago, MillerEP said:

How many washing machines have they sent?

5 hours ago, MillerEP said:

So Putin is President Snow?

image.jpeg.7aed1a6195682f28421d32f9d1a6fb86.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Parliament said:

So Russia is a city-state.  Cool cool

I’d use “Moscow” as a stand-in for “urban elite.”  After Moscow and St. Petersburg, there are a handful of cities scattered about where natural resources, IT, and foreign investment have made life not bad, not bad at all.  Just like Moscow, you have the rings of crumbling Soviet era blocks, but get closer and you (could) find nice parks, some really fascinating preserved areas.  You’ll find a microbrewery or two, hipster coffee shops, a couple of malls that had big Euro brands like H&M, an IKEA, public WiFi, decent transport infrastructure and e-government.  All the trappings of a second or third tier European city:

- Nizhni Novgorod 

- Yekaterinburg 

- Kazan 

- Novosibirsk

- Great Novgorod 

- Sochi 

Maybe a few others. And these places will feel the bite worse than Moscow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I’d use “Moscow” as a stand-in for “urban elite.”  After Moscow and St. Petersburg, there are a handful of cities scattered about where natural resources, IT, and foreign investment have made life not bad, not bad at all.  Just like Moscow, you have the rings of crumbling Soviet era blocks, but get closer and you (could) find nice parks, some really fascinating preserved areas.  You’ll find a microbrewery or two, hipster coffee shops, a couple of malls that had big Euro brands like H&M, an IKEA, public WiFi, decent transport infrastructure and e-government.  All the trappings of a second or third tier European city:

- Nizhni Novgorod 

- Yekaterinburg 

- Kazan 

- Novosibirsk

- Great Novgorod 

- Sochi 

Angry Brian Cox GIF by SuccessionHBO

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the “no visas for Russians” front, it should have happened a long time ago. I can almost guarantee Hungary will not sign up for it, and since there is freedom of movement in the bloc, it will really take the teeth out. 

I do think that there should be a program for any Russian man of military age (and immediate family) to formally defect and trade their Russian passport for a EU travel doc and temporary residence.  After passing a background check, they could have a path to permanent residence.  They’d have to agree not to return to Russia. 

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

On the “no visas for Russians” front, it should have happened a long time ago. I can almost guarantee Hungary will not sign up for it, and since there is freedom of movement in the bloc, it will really take the teeth out. 

Orban and everyone who cheers on his flavor of fascism can eat a bag of dicks and die in a fire. He's directly supporting Putin and Russia. Fucking shameful. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

- Nizhni Novgorod 

- Yekaterinburg 

- Kazan 

- Novosibirsk

- Great Novgorod 

- Sochi 

Moscow is a blood sucking hive of zombie loving slapdicks sucking the life out of the Tsar's imperial crumbles.