Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

Starting to finally hit the "heart" of Russia, their elitist cities

28 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Are these targeted districts upper middle or lower economic class? 

I bet we know the answer.

If you have some money in Russia, you could buy your way out of the mandatory conscription in the past.

If they truly start going after everybody (they’ve mentioned closing loopholes in the past month or two), shit is going to get real in Moscow and Saint Petersburg.  Plenty of people will openly support a war, or at least keep their mouths shut if they oppose it, as long as they have no actual skin in the game.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

uh

The curriculum includes combat training, the basics of geopolitics, military medicine, psychology and military law.

legit question... why in the holy fuck does a priest need combat training?  by every definition of Int'l law the priest is a non-combatant 

Turn Undead and how to swing a mace, duh.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I know it seems like a weird thing, but the boy an I have already been talking about this. He’s starting uni in Europe in a few weeks, majoring in international relations. Wouldn’t it be cool if, in a year or two, he did a summer internship with an NGO or similar outfit working on Ukrainian reconstruction?
Look forward to victory. That’s how you get there.

I look forward to the day 15-20 years from now A small village in Ukraine that is internationally renown for it's fried gizzards and Allsups burritos.

In all serious, if that happens, let us know where the gofundme page is. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I know it seems like a weird thing, but the boy an I have already been talking about this. He’s starting uni in Europe in a few weeks, majoring in international relations. Wouldn’t it be cool if, in a year or two, he did a summer internship with an NGO or similar outfit working on Ukrainian reconstruction?
Look forward to victory. That’s how you get there.

top gun GIF  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

I look forward to the day 15-20 years from now A small village in Ukraine that is internationally renown for it's fried gizzards and Allsups burritos.

In all serious, if that happens, let us know where the gofundme page is. 

And a bunch of kids running around that look like the Brisket's son. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Being a Russian and going on vacation in Poland, even if they still allowed it, just seems like a recipe for an ass-whoopin.

goddamn that must be awkward. i mean shit as an american in less than friendly to american places, I have certainly done awkward. i can only imagine being a one of these fucks anywhere in Europe right now, let alone the neighbor that hates your bitch ass and you plan to invade soon anyway

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I dunno, man. I think he’s got it pretty bad for the Alsatian dancer from Strasbourg.

I don’t know what that has to do with Tito helping to repopulate Ukraine

To quote my grandfather “Boy that age oughta never turn down pussy”

Edited by Pescado_Rojo
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Fuck, that drone drop is accurate as hell. I’ve never been in combat,  but can you imagine the post-traumatic stress from not only having to worry about the other side shooting at you or raining artillery on you, but now you can’t go out for a pee and come back without some unseen drone dropping a bomb on your ass.

I mean there is a literally nowhere where you can feel safe. Think about that. 24/7 -  at any time, Somebody will drop munitions on you from a silent drone. Hell, I would get a bunch of shitty drones that can’t drop anything, but are loud as hell. Then I would fly those things around as fast as I could just spook the orcs and make sure that they can’t get a nap or a good nights rest.

• Hook 'Em 7

16 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Philippines cancels their contract with Russia to buy helicopters. Now looking to buy Chinooks from us instead.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/philippines-talks-buy-us-helicopters-after-dropping-russia-deal-2022-08-15/

This is all sanctions. There’s no confidence that the Russians can deliver the equipment and keep the needed parts flowing, and there’s also the issue of paying them without getting crosswise of western sanctions. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is all sanctions. There’s no confidence that the Russians can deliver the equipment and keep the needed parts flowing, and there’s also the issue of paying them without getting crosswise of western sanctions. 

Also, Russian equipment has been revealed to be total garbage.

• Hook 'Em 3

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-boasts-russian-weapons-prowess-says-moscow-is-ready-share-it-with-allies-2022-08-15/

Putin boasts of Russian weapons prowess, says Moscow is ready to share it with allies

Putin used a speech at an arms show near Moscow to boast of Russia's advanced weapons capabilities and declare its willingness to share technology with like-minded countries.

"(We) are ready to offer our allies the most modern types of weapons, from small arms to armored vehicles and artillery to combat aviation and unmanned aerial vehicles," Putin said at the opening ceremony of the "Army-2022" forum near Moscow.

"Almost all of them have been used more than once in real combat operations."

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Probably a stupid question, but why would they wait to join NATO? Just because they think Putin would react with war against those countries now, ahead of NATO formally having their back? Because I don't think Putin's army can do dick at the moment. 

Because they already joined?

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Finland most certainly has not joined NATO. They've stated their intention. But they're not in NATO yet. Here's the original tweet:

So again, I say, why not just go ahead and do that all now? Estonia is already a NATO member. 

totally over my skis but I'd guess that means they'd need some bilateral agreement with the two militaries and by the time they come up with that Finland will already be in NATO. at that point they'll be coordinating everything through NATO. Just easier.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Finland most certainly has not joined NATO. They've stated their intention. But they're not in NATO yet. Here's the original tweet:

So again, I say, why not just go ahead and do that all now? Estonia is already a NATO member. 

Finland is waiting on 16 countries to sign and "deposit" their NATO accession protocol.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Probably a stupid question, but why would they wait to join NATO? Just because they think Putin would react with war against those countries now, ahead of NATO formally having their back? Because I don't think Putin's army can do dick at the moment. 

Finland and Sweden are a packaged deal (Their words not mine). So they both applied and they were both allowed the provisional status and are just waiting now for the current NATO members to ratify them. As of today only 7 have yet to ratify it (Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, and Turkiye) All the rest have. So they're just waiting for those last few and then they'll be formally inducted by summer of next year when the annual summit is.

To answer your question on "why" I think it's because a couple of reasons. The first and obvious is that Finland has always had a strained relationship with its neighbor and the calculus leading up to this point was that they didn't want to anger that warmongering neighbor. They reluctantly went along with neutrality because it was forced upon them. They built an entire defensive strategy around mobilizing their entire populace and prematurely mining their own territory to prevent a Russian invasion. You can watch a good video about it here:

Secondly, I think Russia's weakness is exactly what spurred Sweden and Finland into Action. There has already been some level of cooperation between these two countries and NATO, especially in the crisis response realm, and they even already have a lot of similar weapons (especially Sweden), so they'll be a natural fit. I don't think they looked at Russia's issues in Ukraine and necessarily said "we're next," so much as they looked at it and said "Holy shit, Russia is a paper tiger, we better strike while the Iron is Hot" and then requested to join. Being in a defensive Alliance with the world's strongest militaries and with most of the World's nuclear powers is GREAT for National Security. Now your Army of 900,000 (mostly reservists) overnight will turn into an Army of 5 million with close to a 1 trillion dollar annual budget and Nuclear deterrence so nobody will want to attack anyway. So if you were spending a large portion of your GDP supporting an Army by yourself, you can save some money now by hitting the 3% minimum of NATO. You can also reorganize for your population and maybe let some of your civilians off the hook, or even reorganize now into an all-volunteer Army instead of a conscripted one because you have 20+ other countries that have your back. 

With all that being said, Russia has shown a willingness to engage in wars of conquest since the beginning of the fall of the Soviet Union, so yes while they're weak now, Russia has shown they have the patience to reorganize, rearm, and invade their neighbors, so why even risk it? And now they're tied down in Ukraine, so they can't do anything to prevent it, so the timing is perfect. Win-win.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2