Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russian Reaction GIF

They are having to check documents of people leaving, because apparently some Russian soldiers are trying to flee.

They are moving all aircraft out of Crimea which means they have no faith in air defenses,

I think you chose the wrong gif there, chooch. Unless you posted those tweets and your interpretation is "Ukraine is really getting horsefucked in Crimea"

4 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Actually, murder, rape, theft, etc. were quite the actions of a lot of knightly endeavors. The Siege of Constantinople comes to mind. 

Chivalry and Knights are not the same thing. Some subscribed. Some did not. 

I am aware, that is why I qualified the statement as being a bit of fantasy (which the author seems to be referring to instead of the reality of warfare in the past).

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think you chose the wrong gif there, chooch. Unless you posted those tweets and your interpretation is "Ukraine is really getting horsefucked in Crimea"

I did get the wrong gif.  It was another gif about great, but I shouldn’t post gifs on my phone because I tapped the wrong one.

Speaking of Crimea, this kind of hammers home the point.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Normally Russia doesn’t do much to even recognize the dead and wounded, and even actively tries to cover up deaths in Ukraine.  Very odd for Putin to order people out to protest at our embassy.

The embassy should put up a projector with Twitter links to replay the drone attacks or artillery on their positions.

hell have a number of soldiers killed countdown 

• Hook 'Em 5

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you follow Peter Zeihan, and more specifically his theory that Putin is trying to secure all the approaches to Moscow, you might find this interesting.

It looks more likely that he is trying to secure his route for an invasion into Europe to me.  Who has invaded their neighbors since the fall of the Soviet Union, Russia or NATO?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

It looks more likely that he is trying to secure his route for an invasion into Europe to me.  Who has invaded their neighbors since the fall of the Soviet Union, Russia or NATO?

Given how shitty and small the Russian military turned out to be, I’m leaning towards trying to capture Ukraine’s natural resources and make himself and his supporters wealthier.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Given how shitty and small the Russian military turned out to be, I’m leaning towards trying to capture Ukraine’s natural resources and make himself and his supporters wealthier.

Now that the world sees how shitty they are, yes, that is probably his near term thinking.  But up until February 24, he and many others in the world thought much more highly of the Russian Army's capabilities, and a broader strategy toward Europe was not entirely outlandish.  Especially if Russia could patiently nibble away at Ukraine, then the Baltic states, etc.  He would then be able to draw on the resources, human and otherwise, in the conquered areas.

Since March Putin has had to revise his objectives at least twice due to conditions that he and his generals didn't foresee.  That doesn't mean that he isn't still thinking big and sticking to his original plan.  He probably sees the current situation in Ukraine as a temporary set back.  As wrong as you and I think that he is, he still believes.

• Hook 'Em 2

Everything from the yellow fake bomb to the fire looked like CGI to me...

The yellow ‘bomb’ is a fishing bait bomb(think chumming) that are dropped from drones and cost about $5 on Amazon. UKR has been putting explosives from old antitank RPGs in them.

Fishing Bait Rocket Feeder Fishing Spomb Rocket Float Lure Bait Holder Carp Fishing Accessories 2PCS Yellow Fishing Gift for Man Fishing Gear https://a.co/d/3T24MyA
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Perhaps not yet, but I bet that if we (NATO especially) hadn't responded to his invasion of Ukraine as strongly as we did, he would have been much less reticent to take on the Baltic states than he has to be now.  Think back one year before the invasion.  Did you think that Ukraine could or would make the stand that they have?  Did you think that we would have backed Ukraine as we have?  His overall strategy was formulated before he entered Ukraine to take Crimea, when these were unknowns, and his calculations did not seem unreasonable.

He was doing a very good job of dividing the US and NATO and sowing discord in Europe with non-military actions, which can be executed with little regard for demographics.  Had he been successful in February and taken all of Ukraine, he would have regrouped, integrated Ukraine and all of its resources into Russia, and continued his "other than war" attacks.  He just needed to be patient and continue his established course of action.

His mistake was taking military action that failed its initial objectives.  War is dependent on sufficient population for both the army and keeping the economy going, especiallyif it is protracted.  Think of Ukraine as his Pearl Harbor: he swung and missed, and it's disrupting his whole plan.

Bingo.

I will freely admit that I was wrong about how this would turn out, but as for Putin's intent and hopes, I absolutely thought there was a strong chance that if he rolls through Ukraine and NATO/the West doesn't do shit, he tests us by invading a portion of Estonia or some shit to "protect ethnic Russians in Russian enclaves."   The biggest win Putin could ever get is 1) committing a "trigger Article 5" act, and 2) having NATO back down and not do anything about it.  It would shatter NATO as an effective alliance.

He, uhh, got a very different outcome.  We have played this right.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Do your part eerybody: https://www.saintjavelin.com

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Bingo.

I will freely admit that I was wrong about how this would turn out, but as for Putin's intent and hopes, I absolutely thought there was a strong chance that if he rolls through Ukraine and NATO/the West doesn't do shit, he tests us by invading a portion of Estonia or some shit to "protect ethnic Russians in Russian enclaves."   The biggest win Putin could ever get is 1) committing a "trigger Article 5" act, and 2) having NATO back down and not do anything about it.  It would shatter NATO as an effective alliance.

He, uhh, got a very different outcome.  We have played this right.

He tucked around and found out.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So 1700 men in total, and 1500 dead?

Not unknown to have 100%+ turnover in a combat unit. But if I may speculate about the 1500 "fallen"...

300 died, 900 were wounded, and 300 never existed but he was carrying them on the rolls and pocketing their pay. When the Russian auditor came around looking to find fraud so he could collect his own kick-back, commander dude said they got blown up too.

And the joke is on everybody because the 1700 number is made up too. 

Edited by RDCanecutter
maff
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2