Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

22 hours ago, crash_davis said:

We have the largest professional army in the world. For the most part, we conducts wars with professionalism and don't rape and pillage.

Name a place we've fought the last 50 years that was worth pillaging.

I'm always amused by the musical choices that Ukrainians select to accompany their videos of Russian equipment exploding in flames.  I'm quite accustomed to my favorite Ukrainian Metal, and my less-favorite Ukrainian techno, but Beethoven is a new one.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

I'm always amused by the musical choices that Ukrainians select to accompany their videos of Russian equipment exploding in flames.  I'm quite accustomed to my favorite Ukrainian Metal, and my less-favorite Ukrainian techno, but Beethoven is a new one.

Actually, Beethoven's 5th is old school war music. V for victory!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'm kind of surprised nobody has posted this yet:

https://kyivindependent.com/investigations/suicide-missions-abuse-physical-threats-international-legion-fighters-speak-out-against-leaderships-misconduct

"Top findings:

The leadership of the intelligence-run wing of the International Legion is allegedly implicated in various violations, including abuse, theft, and sending soldiers unprepared on reckless missions.

One of the unit’s commanders and a frequent subject of the soldiers’ complaints is an alleged former member of a criminal organization from Poland, wanted at home for fraud. In the Legion’s unit, he is involved in coordinating military operations and logistics.

The legion’s fighters accuse him of abusing power by ordering soldiers to loot shops, threatening soldiers with a gun, and sexually harassing the legion’s female medics."

After reading the article, I see it as a situation where there were a few bad apples in the foreign legion, and the Ukrainian gov't was too busy trying to save its country to do something about it right away. Hopefully this article spurs the gov to get the Polish mobsters out of the foreign legion. My layman perspective/belief is that UKR should want every foreign SOF volunteer it can get, and should do everything it can to set these guys up to destroy Russians. Disappointing but I don't think a systemic problem.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

If they do that....it is a game-changer, and may well trigger Article 5.  Bold step of brinksmanship by the Russians.  If it's done, an intentional act of violence causing radioactive fallout on multiple  NATO nations.....I don't think we can stop them from triggering Article 5 and/or launching an attack themselves.  This may be just what Poland is waiting for.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

so, uh, that's a nuclear attack, right?

we're really going there aren't we?

to wit, we still won't do everything we can to end this war.

If the Russians are contemplating a nuclear attack -- and that's what this would be -- I would damn sure hope that we have every possible air asset fueled and ready to go.  We may be about to get into this, for real.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They are going to say the Ukrainians destroyed their nuke plant, right?  Then put it to nato and eu to escalate.

at that point, we legit have to reap the whirlwind. and I  REALIZE what that means.

I realize it means hundreds of millions die, and with Austin as a prime target that pretty much means many of us on this board,  But it also means that Russia cannot exist as a people anymore, they are unsalvageable.

To PURPOSELY instigate a nuclear plant meltdown/  fallout means they literally dont fucking care about the rest of the world.  

full on, non- nuclear war,  give the go code.   All our Hunter subs, and every surface shit near a Russian.

sink every fucking sub and surface vessel they have in open water, and cruise missiles hitting every fucking russian base within striking distance.

3 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

A strongly worded note followed by an ineffectual meeting with the UN Security Council which Russia will veto, and maybe another 2-3billion in aid, then a self-pat on the back for a job well done?

Yeah.....while the response isn't to let loose the nuclear arsenal, the response has to be military.  I would suspect that we have a set of packaged airstrikes already planned.  And it would involve overwhelming force -- something that would make Desert Storm look like a picnic.

• Hook 'Em 1

“A representative of Brazil will be appointed head of the mission to establish the facts of the explosion in Olenivka, which killed 53 Ukrainian prisoners of war. This was stated by UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres after a meeting with Volodymyr Zelenskyi and Recep Erdogan“

So a pseudo-ally of Russia, who is doing a lot of trading with Russia, is in charge?

head no GIF

• Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

so what's the proper US response if they blow up a nuclear facility on the doorstep of Europe?

21 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

A strongly worded note followed by an ineffectual meeting with the UN Security Council which Russia will veto, and maybe another 2-3billion in aid, then a self-pat on the back for a job well done?

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.....while the response isn't to let loose the nuclear arsenal, the response has to be military.  I would suspect that we have a set of packaged airstrikes already planned.  And it would involve overwhelming force -- something that would make Desert Storm look like a picnic.

Outside of direct military response, we could do a few things:

1. Unleash the floodgates on weaponry, training, and medical care
  2. Declare Russia a terrorist state 
  3. End whatever trade between Russia and the West is still happening (oil and gas primarily)
  4. Threaten any country that wants to do business with Russia that they will face the same sanctions that Russia does.  China, India, in particular Russia has a lot of natural resources, but at around 130 million people, they don’t buy enough to be worth it for China and India (and others) to go down with Russia.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Outside of direct military response, we could do a few things:

1. Unleash the floodgates on weaponry, training, and medical care
  2. Declare Russia a terrorist state 
  3. End whatever trade between Russia and the West is still happening (oil and gas primarily)
  4. Threaten any country that wants to do business with Russia that they will face the same sanctions that Russia does.  China, India, in particular Russia has a lot of natural resources, but at around 130 million people, they don’t buy enough to be worth it for China and India (and others) to go down with Russia.

Kiss those tourist visas goodbye, Ivan!

• Haha 1