Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Is this the beginnings of Putin trying to frame some narrative on Russia possibly abandoning a lot of territory.

1 hour ago, 686 said:

“We keep seeking peace but they demand our defeat” is such a twisted statement, but it twists all the way around to what may be the truth at this point. I’m sure the Russians want to do a deal immediately to try and keep some territory, and Ukraine is demanding they GTFO. Russia needs to take the fucking loss and go home if (God willing) the UA is able to make it happen.

My take is that the undertone is why are we asking for peace instead of nuking the West.  We should stop fighting with one arm tied behind our back and light off WW3.  Nuclear winter could revers global warming.

If they were a professional army sure.  But when the rape 9 yr old girls, gang rape women in front of their little boys, and murder people indiscriminately with full intent (the phoney cease fires, the rocket attacks at bus/train stations) and the total destruction of towns and cities for the singular purpose of being as cruel as hell, I think not.  
If they are sent home, they will regroup, retrain, rearm, and return.   Fuck em.  Nothing ever happened to the Soviet Union for their crimes 80 years ago and so they learned not one fucking lesson.   You cannot rehabilitate a shark (fish are our friends!).
You can't generalize an entire army this way. Some are reluctant conscripts, some mercenaries, some rapist. You treat all fairly with democratic law and order. Convict the rapist and criminals.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I had to go look up this tool.

Yep, he's an idiot.

That dude is a piece of shit. He did a fellowship at Russia’s foreign ministry, embedded. 

So while he may be an idiot, he’s also just a straight up Russian asset.  He was on Tucker at the beginning of the war, by the way. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

do it jewish GIF

How would you like to see the Security Council reformed? I don't see any of China, US, France, UK giving up their veto power. A significant part of the point of those 5 countries having veto power is their nuclear arsenal, which you're well aware of. Do you feel like having a massive nuclear arsenal doesn't mean what it used to?

I would like to see a method of overriding a veto introduced. Right now Russia is abusing the veto power, using it to lock up the UN while they engage in a war of conquest. The veto power was intended to allow the permanent security council members to protect their national interests, not to disallow UN action while they attack other nations and engage in war crimes. 

Some sort of 2/3 vote to override a single veto or similar system, such as what the US uses to override a presidential veto, would be good I think.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Born to Run said:
8 hours ago, Nivek said:
If they were a professional army sure.  But when the rape 9 yr old girls, gang rape women in front of their little boys, and murder people indiscriminately with full intent (the phoney cease fires, the rocket attacks at bus/train stations) and the total destruction of towns and cities for the singular purpose of being as cruel as hell, I think not.  
If they are sent home, they will regroup, retrain, rearm, and return.   Fuck em.  Nothing ever happened to the Soviet Union for their crimes 80 years ago and so they learned not one fucking lesson.   You cannot rehabilitate a shark (fish are our friends!).

You can't generalize an entire army this way. Some are reluctant conscripts, some mercenaries, some rapist. You treat all fairly with democratic law and order. Convict the rapist and criminals.

Um, this is a systemic issue, not a one-off.   There are also an estimate of more than two hundred thousand kidnapped Ukrainian children that were spirited away to Russia.   

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Pods said:

Russian source Rybar claims Ukraine has reached the Oskil River, taking Sen'kove. He also claims Ukraine has captured Hrushivka and is knocking on the door in Kupiansk. 

7cbxmt1mnsm91.jpg

If that map is remotely accurate then the troops in Isyium are fucked. They now have pressure coming from 3 sides with only a small gap between Osil and the southern axis to withdraw through.

Now if I am the RU command I would be sitting here trying to decide if it makes more sense to sacrifice those troops in the hope that they can tie up enough UKA troops slow the advance to Kupyansk or pull them out and reinforce them to Osil and hope that their “orderly withdrawal “ doesn’t become a rout and while hopefully having enough reserves to reinforce Kupyansk.

• Hook 'Em 6

43 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Now if I am the RU command I would be sitting here trying to decide if it makes more sense to sacrifice those troops in the hope that they can tie up enough UKA troops slow the advance to Kupyansk or pull them out and reinforce them to Osil and hope that their “orderly withdrawal “ doesn’t become a rout and while hopefully having enough reserves to reinforce Kupyansk.

They (RU command) need to be issuing orders quickly, because panic is contagious.

I would say pull them out.  The Ukrainians are moving fast with armored/wheeled units, the locals/partisans are feeding info to Ukraine, and it seems like units are folding fast.

• Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

If that map is remotely accurate then the troops in Isyium are fucked. They now have pressure coming from 3 sides with only a small gap between Osil and the southern axis to withdraw through.

Based on the picture of Ukrainians at the entrance to Kupyansk in the post above yours, I don’t think the Russians are slowing down shit. But their commanders will leave them to fight and die in Izyum regardless because they don’t care about any human life, even their own.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Based on the picture of Ukrainians at the entrance to Kupyansk in the post above yours, I don’t think the Russians are slowing down shit. But their commanders will leave them to fight and die in Izyum regardless because they don’t care about any human life, even their own.

And these are mostly Russian troops, even if they are from different units and different Russian services.

I’d imagine the DPR/LPR militias are going to be ditching their uniforms rather quickly when the Russians fold and the Ukrainian military closes in.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

And these are mostly Russian troops, even if they are from different units and different Russian services.

I’d imagine the DPR/LPR militias are going to be ditching their uniforms rather quickly when the Russians fold and the Ukrainian military closes in.

Definitely.  I hope there are plenty of vindictive local pro-Ukrainians willing and able to identify them, as the Ukrainian army liberates them. Even if they didn't participate in war atrocities, they were enablers of Russian soldiers in those activities. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

I think it’s politically justifiable to pull out the Izyum troops out to Oskil (the town) or technically just over the Oskil river and set up blocking force with them. 

If Izium falls and the UKA rolls east out of Izium with no real blocking force to the east to contain, they get into the Oskil river plain on the east side of the river and that means limited natural barriers as they turn north. This  allows the UKA to advance quickly on the bridges/bridge heads that the RU controls over the Oskil from both sides as well as push upwards to Kupyansk and attack from the west.

Its a bad situation regardless for RU because they are ceding ground that is heavily fortified to the advance while proving the UKA a geographic advantage by allowing them to take the western bank of the Oskil river which is a somewhat elevated ridge and provides a great firing position on the RU positions east. The only way to make the situation worse would be to allow the UKA to also gain the bridgeheads on the eastern side of the river so they can flood troops into the Oskil river plain vs using that natural barrier to force the UKA into a predictable avenue of advance either at Kupyansk at the north or Oskil (the town) to the south.

You make the decision to pull out of Izyum because if you don’t you not only risk losing Izyum you risk seeing the UKA become able to roll up the Oskil river plain unopposed and risk collapsing an even bigger part of the front.

Deleted quotes because formatting.

Re China buying gas at 50% off:
China gonna China. Bend Russia over a barrel while they can.

Also, the post about making fritters for the liberators made me tear up. Reminded me of my grandfathers (few, he was quiet about it) stories about liberating towns in Europe in WWII. These people are not going to be defeated.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I think it’s politically justifiable to pull out the Izyum troops out to Oskil (the town) or technically just over the Oskil river and set up blocking force with them. 

If Izium falls and the UKA rolls east out of Izium with no real blocking force to the east to contain, they get into the Oskil river plain on the east side of the river and that means limited natural barriers as they turn north. This  allows the UKA to advance quickly on the bridges/bridge heads that the RU controls over the Oskil from both sides as well as push upwards to Kupyansk and attack from the west.

Its a bad situation regardless for RU because they are ceding ground that is heavily fortified to the advance while proving the UKA a geographic advantage by allowing them to take the western bank of the Oskil river which is a somewhat elevated ridge and provides a great firing position on the RU positions east. The only way to make the situation worse would be to allow the UKA to also gain the bridgeheads on the eastern side of the river so they can flood troops into the Oskil river plain vs using that natural barrier to force the UKA into a predictable avenue of advance either at Kupyansk at the north or Oskil (the town) to the south.

You make the decision to pull out of Izyum because if you don’t you not only risk losing Izyum you risk seeing the UKA become able to roll up the Oskil river plain unopposed and risk collapsing an even bigger part of the front.

If the Ukrainians get over the Oskil without a significant Russian force blocking their bridgehead, then this becomes real interesting in a hurry.  In that case, the Ukrainians are well and truly deep into the Russian rear, and it starts to become real hard to see where the advance stops.  The liberation of Severodonetsk becomes a real possibility.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

If the Ukrainians get over the Oskil without a significant Russian force blocking their bridgehead, then this becomes real interesting in a hurry.  In that case, the Ukrainians are well and truly deep into the Russian rear, and it starts to become real hard to see where the advance stops.  The liberation of Severodonetsk becomes a real possibility.

Yep. That’s why I would be willing to pull out of Izyum. Hop to the east side of the Oskil and dig in and then hope and pray both the Kupyansk and Oskil hold while you flood in anything you can in to reinforce a secondary line. You would have to, at all costs, keep the UKA from flooding the gap/over the river because once the UKA gets in the rear it is a disaster for the RU with no real clearly stated fallback position.

• Hook 'Em 1

Georgian Legion talking shit. 

5 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Yep. That’s why I would be willing to pull out of Izyum. Hop to the east side of the Oskil and dig in and then hope and pray both the Kupyansk and Oskil hold while you flood in anything you can in to reinforce a secondary line. You would have to, at all costs, keep the UKA from flooding the gap/over the river because once the UKA gets in the rear it is a disaster for the RU with no real clearly stated fallback position.

Kupyansk is already surrounded and may have already been retaken by Ukraine. 

Russia is in full retreat.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Born to Run said:
11 hours ago, Nivek said:

I’ve expressed my thoughts on how I don’t think the AFU should let the Russians “surrender”.

But if POWs are to be taken, then exchange them 1:10 for every Ukrainian that was forcibly exiled to Russia in the past 7 months. 

8 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Could be Ukrainian misinformation, but lots of chatter about Oskil being taken or in the process of being taken as well speak.  And a lot of the rumors over the past 48 hours have turned out to be true.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Good article

“We wish courage to our warriors, who are indeed doing very important work, they are resisting an enormous horde that has been trained in the West.”

The implicit statement here is that Russian troops shouldn’t be expected to be effective against Western (or Western-trained) forces and that’s a big fucking admission. Also an example of how propaganda folds in on itself. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Speaking of UN Security Council, did anything ever come from Russia's proposed meeting of the Council for yesterday 9/8 I think, where they planned to whine about the West prolonging the war by enabling Ukrainians to fight against their army of rapists and murderers?