Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Nah. 
They’ve been living by the World War II Nazi playbook this entire time - so I assume at the end they’re gonna Dietrich Bonhoeffer every high interest foe Putin has imprisoned. 

Its seems like murdering political prisoners is something Putin sees as bad for his internal politics. He obviously has attempts made on political rivals outside of prison, but not inside (yet to my knowledge). Khodorkovsky and Navalny still being alive are the big data points here. The only thing I can attribute this to is it would be too much like the worst of the Soviet era for most Russian’s taste, and he doesn’t want to go there.

http:// https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/11/02/russia-political-prisoners-day-of-commemoration-victims-political-repression/

7 minutes ago, tokamak said:

So Vlad is going to annex a few parts of Ukraine after these sham referenda. That seems like a huge escalation to me, am I wrong?

Putin is going to "annex" parts of Ukraine exactly like I am claiming that Sela Ward is my girlfriend and passionate lover.  We can both say that shit all day long, but it won't make it any more true.

Except I think I have a better shot at a relationship with Sela than Vlad has at actually holding on to Ukrainian territory.  After careful analysis of the geopolitical situation, Sela agrees.

tumblr_pgsz47CO9Z1xj0zsyo2_r1_500.gifv

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, tokamak said:

So Vlad is going to annex a few parts of Ukraine after these sham referenda. That seems like a huge escalation to me, am I wrong?

He can then claim that they are fighting a war to defend Russian territory.  It means conscripts who in theory can not be sent to foreign lands to fight can be used to fight to defend the "New" Russian territory.   He also wants to make it a political statement/reason at home for people to fight and support the war as they are fighting to defend Russian territory.  "Just like defending Leningrad in the Great Patriotic War!"

Lastly is his saber rattling about nuclear weapons will now saying that they will use nukes to defend what is now Russian territory.  Of course to use battlefield nukes on front line forces in your own territory doesn't make sense, so really this is about threatening to Nuke Kijev or Berlin or London.    But in reality it is more of the standard Russian negotiating tactics of demand everything, threaten everything and offering nothing. 

We have to be clear that the territory is still Ukraine, elections are a sham and we will never see any of the Pre-2014 territory as Russian...and that we will continue to help Ukraine fight.   Any type of "negotiation" or "concession" is what he wants.  He will take what he can and then in 3-5 years they will do it all over again in some fashion with the same threats and MO.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

like I am claiming that Sela Ward is my girlfriend and passionate lover.  We can both say that shit all day long, but it won't make it any more true.

Correct, and Putin being able to hold Ukrainian territory in the long run is about as likely as Sela leaving me for you.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

57 minutes ago, 686 said:

Its seems like murdering political prisoners is something Putin sees as bad for his internal politics. He obviously has attempts made on political rivals outside of prison, but not inside (yet to my knowledge). Khodorkovsky and Navalny still being alive are the big data points here. The only thing I can attribute this to is it would be too much like the worst of the Soviet era for most Russian’s taste, and he doesn’t want to go there.

http:// https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/11/02/russia-political-prisoners-day-of-commemoration-victims-political-repression/

I said “at the end”.     I agree with you, not right now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Two weeks training then you go to the front.

That's Old School with the guy in the foreground lugging his guitar to the induction center. I read that in the Soviet Union, if you had any practical skill, any talent, you'd show up when conscripted carrying your tools, your musical instrument, your soccer ball, whatever you were good at.

This was your ticket to get skimmed away from whatever unit you officially belonged to, and instead you'd become part of some official's personal retinue, doing whatever you did for their glory and profit. In return, you don't sleep in the mud or get shot at.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Probably a dumb question but why doesn’t Ukraine blow up every road, bridge, and rail line on the border between Ukraine and Russia? Just make it impossible for all these new recruits to get to the front lines?  

Do they want to give the Russians a way to get out? Are they not within range? 

I’m sure it’s easier said than done, but just curious.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Putin is going to "annex" parts of Ukraine exactly like I am claiming that Sela Ward is my girlfriend and passionate lover.  We can both say that shit all day long, but it won't make it any more true.

Except I think I have a better shot at a relationship with Sela than Vlad has at actually holding on to Ukrainian territory.  After careful analysis of the geopolitical situation, Sela agrees.

tumblr_pgsz47CO9Z1xj0zsyo2_r1_500.gifv

More like you are in the middle of raping Sela Ward with your tiny dick 20% of the way in while screaming to the world that it's okay y'all are married and sound the same when you talk. 

You also stole her washing machine. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fico said:

More like you are in the middle of raping Sela Ward with your tiny dick 20% of the way in while screaming to the world that it's okay y'all are married and sound the same when you talk. 

You also stole her washing machine. 

Also, Sela Ward is fighting back and has scratched out both your eyes, ripped off your left nut, and currently has you in an arm bar. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

Someone posted a Russian youtubers channel back when this all started (NFKRZ) and I check in from time to time.  I'm bet he's (a) glad he got the F out of Russia months ago (moved to Georgia I believe) and (b) nervous as hell with this many Russians scrambling to Georgia that Georgia might start kicking Russians out.  It really does suck for the normal people there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 8:16 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

If I am Ukraine, I have several spies in each of the cities to tell me the exact fking building that the "referendum" voting is held in and dial each of those buildings in for a HIMARS strike.

and blast each fucking voting building to shit, within a 10 minute period.  yeah, you may end up killing a few innocent Ukrainians forced to go there... but you will for sure kill most of the assholes pushing russian leadership and take out most of their "voting" boxes.

we know russia will just stuff the box at that point, but killing as many collaborators as possible at the same time would be a huge bonus- those fucks dont deserve to live anymore anyway

And this, below, is why that was a terrible idea.

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

Agree it is not a great idea, but it does not look like people are going to the polling places, instead the Russians are sending troops out with people to homes/apartments and forcing them to vote there. 

Let them have their stupid referendum. We are not going to stop it. 

Declare it illegal, and that all who participated as workers are subject to sanctions. Russia will end up with a bunch of babushka's who already showed their true colors towards the Ukraine. 

• Hook 'Em 1