Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

9 minutes ago, Superhero said:

How much longer before the "recruiters" turn a corner and get beaten by recruits. How much longer before they are picked off one by one, then en masse? And how much longer before "recruiters" start shooting into protestors to protect themselves or exact revenge?

This is either going to be a TienAnMen Square massacre or a Romanian style revolution where Putin is captured and executed by firing squad.

Russians seems like the ultimate cucks. I don’t think they’re going to do shit in terms of rise up against their government.

There will be a coup and the next strongman that takes power will steal as much as possible from the country.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I cannot see current events ending well for Putin. I just don't see how he survives.

Same.  I've seen a bit of commentary (via twitter and on that video I posted earlier) that it might have taken moblilization to wake the average Russian (especially the older generation) up as to how fucked up their country is.  It's pretty easy to buy Russian propaganda if that is your only news source but when their kids that never wanted to join the military never come back Putin's going to lose the people.

31 minutes ago, Superhero said:

How much longer before the "recruiters" turn a corner and get beaten by recruits. How much longer before they are picked off one by one, then en masse? And how much longer before "recruiters" start shooting into protestors to protect themselves or exact revenge?

This is either going to be a TienAnMen Square massacre or a Romanian style revolution where Putin is captured and executed by firing squad.

Given that it’s Russia, I’m willing to bet that if the recruiters aren’t hitting their quotas, they will find themselves on a train headed towards Ukraine.  People are wondering why the cops are so vicious - there’s been plenty of Russian police sent to Ukraine, so I imagine some (many/most) of them are scared or angry about potentially going themselves, and so every person they round and conscript helps lower their odds just a tiny bit.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Not to be an internet bad ass, but if I was put in that position, I would rather kill a recruiter in Russia than be captured and sent to die in Ukraine.

Many of them probably don’t have a clue that Ukraine is going as poorly as it is for the Russians. A lot, not all, but plenty enough, are  getting their news through Russian state TV or officially-sanctioned Russian social media.

When Putin announced the mobilization, it had to have completely shocked the hell out of a lot of people, but as soon as he announced it, recruiters fanned out with lists of names, because they couldn’t wait around and let people think or worry about it, or else they would do what you would do and start killing government officials.  If Russian planned their logistics half as well as they planned mobilization, things might be going slightly better for them.

My guess is the second and third waves (supposedly wrapping up in November) will really resist, because they will have already heard more stories about Russians dying or being wounded in Ukraine, Ukrainians would have taken more land back, and they’ll have mentally prepared themselves for resisting.  

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

My guess is the second and third waves (supposedly wrapping up in November) will really resist, because they will have already heard more stories about Russians dying or being wounded in Ukraine, Ukrainians would have taken more land back, and they’ll have mentally prepared themselves for resisting.  

Dagestan is already popping off as their populace sacrificed their sons over the first rounds of conscription, never to be heard from agian.  Announcement of mobilization was the step too far.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Now think about the Russians.  They’re putting a bunch of untrained and often intoxicated assholes in and around heavy equipment with very little in the way of safety precautions.  A whole lot of them are going to die before they even see a Ukrainian.

How do you say “Hey y’all,  watch this!”  in Russian?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

What is Dagestan?

From accounts I've read, the units from Dagestan seem slightly less likely to torture civilians, and also care about giving their own dead soldiers decent funerals. I am sure there are some that act straight-up Russian Federation, but there seems to be something more humane there.

• Hook 'Em 1

^

Good point GLL. These guys are comically under-trained.  And it's getting harder, honestly, to root against them because they have zero desire to be at the front.  

What has also been somewhat funny to me is listening to the handful of still pro-Putin folks i know here in the U.S. watching the mobilization effort unfold and saying shit like "those guys don't look Russian, they look more Asian.  Like Chinese, if anything."  Apparently maps for self-anointed geopolitical military strategists are hard to come by.  Every fucking thing we learned about the Soviet Union for decades is just gone now.  It's like watching in-laws learn in real time that Jesus was not a white, English-speaking Christian...but rather a dark skinned Jew preaching in Aramaic. 

• Haha 2

It looks to me like Putin or some of his underlings will be tried for crimes/war crimes in some international court if he’s ever caught.

In that situation, they know things will never return to normal so … they must win/must stay in power, right?  What’s their status 10 years from now?  Family vacay in Switzerland?  Nope.

Yacht in Morocco for F1?  Nope.

Win or go to jail?

7 minutes ago, CoTex said:

It looks to me like Putin or some of his underlings will be tried for crimes/war crimes in some international court if he’s ever caught.

In that situation, they know things will never return to normal so … they must win/must stay in power, right?  What’s their status 10 years from now?  Family vacay in Switzerland?  Nope.

Win or go to jail?

You are underestimating the pussyness of Europe, they will want to move on from this asap and forget about it 

Russia is still very good at propaganda and will do a lot of damage in Europe with that 

Edited by Gengs1

1 minute ago, Gengs1 said:

You are underestimating the pussyness of Europe, they will want to move on from this asap and forget about it 

Russia is still very good at propaganda and will do a lot of damage in Europe with that 

Excellent point.  Who pressed for Nuremberg?  US and England?  Everyone? I guess I am imagining some Int Court of Justice charges and interpol warrants.  How does that not happen?

9 minutes ago, CoTex said:

Win or go to jail?

I seriously doubt that he will go to jail. It is much more likely that Putin will share a fate similar to Nicolae Ceaușescu.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoTex said:

Romanian leader hanged by his own people trying to get out of town?  Help me out - too lazy to read history.

Basically.

Ceaușescu and his wife Elena fled the capital with Emil Bobu and Manea Mănescu and flew by helicopter to Ceaușescu's Snagov residence, from which they fled again, this time to Târgoviște. They abandoned the helicopter near Târgoviște, having been ordered to land by the army, which by that time had restricted flying in Romania's airspace. The Ceaușescus were held by the police while the policemen listened to the radio. They were eventually turned over to the army.

On Christmas Day, 25 December 1989, the Ceaușescus were tried before a court convened in a small room on orders of the National Salvation Front, Romania's provisional government. They faced charges including illegal gathering of wealth and genocide. Ceaușescu repeatedly denied the court's authority to try him, and asserted he was still legally the President of Romania. At the end of the trial, the Ceaușescus were found guilty and sentenced to death. A soldier standing guard in the proceedings was ordered to take the Ceaușescus outside one by one and shoot them, but the Ceaușescus demanded to die together. The soldiers agreed to this and began to tie their hands behind their backs, which the Ceaușescus protested against, but were powerless to prevent.

The Ceaușescus were executed by a gathering of soldiers: Captain Ionel Boeru, Sergeant-Major Georghin Octavian and Dorin-Marian Cîrlan,[57] while reportedly hundreds of others also volunteered. Before his sentence was carried out, Nicolae Ceaușescu sang "The Internationale" whilst being led towards the wall. The firing squad began shooting as soon as the two were in their positions up against the wall.

Later that day, the execution was also shown on Romanian television.[58] The hasty show trial and the images of the dead Ceaușescus were videotaped and the footage released in numerous Western countries two days after the execution.

The manner in which the trial was conducted has been criticised. However, Ion Iliescu, Romania's provisional president, said in 2009 that the trial was "quite shameful, but necessary" in order to end the state of near-anarchy that had gripped the country in the three days since the Ceaușescus fled Bucharest.[59] Similarly, Victor Stănculescu, who had been defence minister before going over to the revolution, said, in 2009, that the alternative would have been seeing the Ceaușescus lynched on the streets of Bucharest.[60]

The Ceaușescus were the last people to be executed in Romania before the abolition of capital punishment on 7 January 1990.[61]

Nicolae and Elena Ceaușescu were originally buried in simple graves at Ghencea Cemetery, in Bucharest, on opposite sides of a path; their graves were often decorated with flowers and symbols of communist rule. In April 2007, their son, Valentin Ceaușescu, lost an appeal for an investigation into whether the graves were genuine. Upon his death in 1996, the younger son, Nicu, was buried nearby in the same cemetery.[62] According to the Jurnalul Național,[63] requests were made by the Ceaușescus' daughter, Zoia, and by supporters of their political views, to move their remains to mausoleums or to purpose-built churches. These demands were denied by the government.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 9:16 PM, Celery Man said:

hell yeah. I mean obviously the guy looks like death, but I remember that first picture from early in the war and then there was another one of him getting hauled off with the other Azovstal defenders and I had wondered if he was still around or had died in a russian prison camp somewhere. \m/ Mykhailo!

That first picture is definitely one of ~10 from this thread where I would instantly recognize the person in it.  Hope that guy fully recovers.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Lost amidst everything else in this mobilization is the number of Russians who are going to get killed in random accidents. It’s like that video from early in the invasion when a Russian tank was stuck in the mud and another was trying to push it out with a log.  The log slipped, knocking this dude in the head before the tank drove over him.

Our military doesn’t exactly meet OSHA requirements for workplace safety.  This shit is inherently dangerous.  And we have guys die in accidents even with all the training they have.

Now think about the Russians.  They’re putting a bunch of untrained and often intoxicated assholes in and around heavy equipment with very little in the way of safety precautions.  A whole lot of them are going to die before they even see a Ukrainian.

ChiveTV Russia style. I'm in 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

It’s like that video from early in the invasion when a Russian tank was stuck in the mud and another was trying to push it out with a log.  The log slipped, knocking this dude in the head before the tank drove over him.

Okay, completely forgot about that one because holy shit they have shown so much stupidity.  But yeah that should have been top 10

32 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

this was in the replies to that tweet and is something that I’ve been wondering about.  What if Putin just wants some propaganda photos of UKr killing fields of bodies of Russians?  Get the West sick of the thought of war entirely so we say a pox on both your houses?

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

this was in the replies to that tweet and is something that I’ve been wondering about.  What if Putin just wants some propaganda photos of UKr killing fields of bodies of Russians?  Get the West sick of the thought of war entirely so we say a pox on both your houses?

We gonna be cheering, shit boner material.

it could work in which the west tells Ukraine to slow down and stop the killing. They will play victims like they usually do (see Serbs etc)

I think the troops will surrender before we get there 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Basically.

Ceaușescu and his wife Elena fled the capital with Emil Bobu and Manea Mănescu and flew by helicopter to Ceaușescu's Snagov residence, from which they fled again, this time to Târgoviște. They abandoned the helicopter near Târgoviște, having been ordered to land by the army, which by that time had restricted flying in Romania's airspace. The Ceaușescus were held by the police while the policemen listened to the radio. They were eventually turned over to the army.

On Christmas Day, 25 December 1989, the Ceaușescus were tried before a court convened in a small room on orders of the National Salvation Front, Romania's provisional government. They faced charges including illegal gathering of wealth and genocide. Ceaușescu repeatedly denied the court's authority to try him, and asserted he was still legally the President of Romania. At the end of the trial, the Ceaușescus were found guilty and sentenced to death. A soldier standing guard in the proceedings was ordered to take the Ceaușescus outside one by one and shoot them, but the Ceaușescus demanded to die together. The soldiers agreed to this and began to tie their hands behind their backs, which the Ceaușescus protested against, but were powerless to prevent.

The Ceaușescus were executed by a gathering of soldiers: Captain Ionel Boeru, Sergeant-Major Georghin Octavian and Dorin-Marian Cîrlan,[57] while reportedly hundreds of others also volunteered. Before his sentence was carried out, Nicolae Ceaușescu sang "The Internationale" whilst being led towards the wall. The firing squad began shooting as soon as the two were in their positions up against the wall.

Later that day, the execution was also shown on Romanian television.[58] The hasty show trial and the images of the dead Ceaușescus were videotaped and the footage released in numerous Western countries two days after the execution.

The manner in which the trial was conducted has been criticised. However, Ion Iliescu, Romania's provisional president, said in 2009 that the trial was "quite shameful, but necessary" in order to end the state of near-anarchy that had gripped the country in the three days since the Ceaușescus fled Bucharest.[59] Similarly, Victor Stănculescu, who had been defence minister before going over to the revolution, said, in 2009, that the alternative would have been seeing the Ceaușescus lynched on the streets of Bucharest.[60]

The Ceaușescus were the last people to be executed in Romania before the abolition of capital punishment on 7 January 1990.[61]

Nicolae and Elena Ceaușescu were originally buried in simple graves at Ghencea Cemetery, in Bucharest, on opposite sides of a path; their graves were often decorated with flowers and symbols of communist rule. In April 2007, their son, Valentin Ceaușescu, lost an appeal for an investigation into whether the graves were genuine. Upon his death in 1996, the younger son, Nicu, was buried nearby in the same cemetery.[62] According to the Jurnalul Național,[63] requests were made by the Ceaușescus' daughter, Zoia, and by supporters of their political views, to move their remains to mausoleums or to purpose-built churches. These demands were denied by the government.

Great recap. Search on YouTube for the video. It is fucking nuts. 

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Putin's wiping out Russia's future, because he's killing the prime demographic that is supposed to be fathering kids in Russia right now

/Zeihan

He's also potentially wiping out a big chunk of Russia's industrial and commercial manpower.

• Hook 'Em 2

So what do the nation's do with all the Russians in their countries? Good point was made, sorry if I did not mention who wrote it, about how the Russian model works. Consider this. 3% of incoming Russians are FSB types ready to fuck shit up. How do you vet them? How do you house them? How do you monitor them. 

Send them back to Russia. Go Fight Sergei, either against the UA or against the fucktards who created this mess. You were cool with

• Hook 'Em 3

NYT

At Least 9 Killed in School Shooting in Russia, Including Children

An unidentified gunman entered a school in the city of Izhevsk, killing two security guards, two teachers and at least five minors, according to federal investigators.

Sept. 26, 2022, 5:45 a.m. ET

At least nine people have been killed and 20 injured in a school shooting on Monday in the Russian city of Izhevsk, 600 miles east of Moscow, according to Russian authorities.

A gunman entered School Number 88, which teaches the first to 11th grades, and killed two security guards, two teachers and at least five minors, according to federal investigators, who also said the assailant killed himself.

According to the Investigative Committee, Russia’s top federal investigative authority, the attacker “was wearing a black top with Nazi symbols and a balaclava” and was not carrying any ID.

“His identity is currently being established,” investigators said.

Izhevsk, population 630,000, is the regional capital of the Udmurt Republic. The regional governor there, Aleksandr Brechalov, declared three days of mourning.

• Rage+1 1