Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

7 hours ago, kevwun said:

I could definitely see this turning in to an England vs France or Germany vs France situation where there are multiple wars over 100's of years.  The kind of hate this is going to spawn doesn't go away.  It becomes embedded in a nation's cultural DNA.  Russia is never going to get over getting pantsed by a smaller country and Ukraine is never going to forget all of the shit that has already and will be inflicted on it before this round is over.

I’ve been thinking about that a lot. We can’t even really fathom the feelings the Ukrainian’s have.

Imagine half the US being basically leveled. Hell, we had 2 buildings leveled and spent 2 decades seeking retribution.

• Hook 'Em 3

From one of the links @MillerEP posted

https://twitter.com/tomaburque/status/1574491582979403776

Once again, we have another video of Russian soldiers looking like absolutely shit in terms of health and equipment.

And a bunch of Ukrainian soldiers who look well-fed, fit, and equipped and armed in such a way that they look like they could have stepped out of a formation of NATO troops.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Once again, we have another video of Russian soldiers looking like absolutely shit in terms of health and equipment.

And a bunch of Ukrainian soldiers who look well-fed, fit, and equipped and armed in such a way that they look like they could have stepped out of a formation of NATO troops.  

And those well fed, fit, and properly equipped Ukrainian soldiers are seen providing medical care and water to POWs.  A far cry from the torture, decapitations, and dismemberment that Russians visit on POWs.  That video rolling around through the newly mobilized Russians will have them thinking that surrender is immeasurably better than fighting.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

I can’t get over them telling conscripts to provide their own gear and what that implies.

First, before any of the concerns about basic medical and triage supplies, where the fuck are those guys going to get cold weather sleeping bags? In the end of October the first set of snow begins to fall. So they have a month to scrounge, loot, or straight up redneck engineer below freezing sleeping gear. 

If this is the level of preparation that the RU conscripts will be receiving, I am starting to worry about a legitimate humanitarian catastrophe, much less the destruction of these troops in a military meat grinder. I get the idea of acceptable losses and providing bodies to reinforce a decimated front, but if you send troops in with no gear, no medical supplies, limited ammo, and little oversight from the command structure, you are looking at starvation and death due to the elements being just as likely as to being killed or captured by the UKA.

What makes it scarier is by late November, the POWs taken will be in such bad shape the resource drain will be staggering. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

So, given how Ukraine fooled a lot of folks, does this mean they are now going for Kherson?  Or Belarus?
200.gif

Maybe a rope a dope via telling the truth after so many feints? Pushing down to the Sea of Azov via where the RU troops aren’t in Donetsk to cut land communication lines makes all supplies to the RU troops west of there(~30BTGs) have to run through Crimea adding around 1000km to those already strained supply lines. Ukraine would also be able to take out all RU ships in the Sea of Azov giving UKR the ability to deny all shipping in and out of the Don.
  • Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I can’t get over them telling conscripts to provide their own gear and what that implies.

First, before any of the concerns about basic medical and triage supplies, where the fuck are those guys going to get cold weather sleeping bags? In the end of October the first set of snow begins to fall. So they have a month to scrounge, loot, or straight up redneck engineer below freezing sleeping gear. 

If this is the level of preparation that the RU conscripts will be receiving, I am starting to worry about a legitimate humanitarian catastrophe, much less the destruction of these troops in a military meat grinder. I get the idea of acceptable losses and providing bodies to reinforce a decimated front, but if you send troops in with no gear, no medical supplies, limited ammo, and little oversight from the command structure, you are looking at starvation and death due to the elements being just as likely as to being killed or captured by the UKA.

What makes it scarier is by late November, the POWs taken will be in such bad shape the resource drain will be staggering. 

Beyond this, the lack of supplies for the new arrivals will utterly shatter what morale is left.  Russians will be stealing essential supplies and equipment, such as cold weather gear and first aid kits, from each other.  There will be fights between Russian troops, and unit cohesion will be strained, to say the least.  You have to trust the man beside you, and theft destroys that.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Beyond this, the lack of supplies for the new arrivals will utterly shatter what morale is left.  Russians will be stealing essential supplies and equipment, such as cold weather gear and first aid kits, from each other.  There will be fights between Russian troops, and unit cohesion will be strained, to say the least.  You have to trust the man beside you, and theft destroys that.

This all sounds like one of my ill-planned spring break rips from back in the day. Didn't turn out well, but survived. Don't see that here.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

To be fair when you get blown up I think you usually look like shit.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

If these guys are going into existing units as replacements, unit cohesion will so low…they’ll be waiting for existing contract soldiers to be killed so they can steal their gear. And I won’t be surprised if there are fights.

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

I have a feeling the West will help with that - it shouldn’t be too hard to send in food and blankets and clothing.  Obviously they wouldn’t want to send those Russians to a NATO country, unless maybe Turkey (but at the rate things are going Turkey and Russia may not be speaking by November), but they could at least keep the POWs supplied with the basics.

It'll be a crisis though.  Putin is a lot more desperate than he initially seemed when he made the announcement a few days ago.

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ve mentioned this guy before, he can pump the sunshine at times, and definitely toes the official line so he doesn’t get picked up.

He’s  talking about how hard it is to get out of Russia now, and still acts like he could if needed, but at around 7:15, he jumps into the video while editing and says he didn’t realize how bad things are when he recorded the video initially, and that they may block everybody after the 27th.

The 27th is what a lot of people are talking about in terms of Russia shutting down all travel for men, because the “referendums” will be finished, and those occupied areas will be considered By Russia to be in their possession as Russian territory.  The thinking is that it will be full-on martial law starting either later today (the 27th) or the 30th, ostensibly when Putin addresses lawmakers and declares it Russia territory.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, kevwun said:

I think the fibers would end up staying in the wound and causing problems.

Yep, pads are a good emergency bandage, but you do not insert a tampon. Learned this shit in El Salvador in 1987. 

Russia is not going to win conventionally. This is going to change fast. Putin's ego won't let him "lose". Furk..... 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’ve mentioned this guy before, he can pump the sunshine at times, and definitely toes the official line so he doesn’t get picked up.

He’s  talking about how hard it is to get out of Russia now, and still acts like he could if needed, but at around 7:15, he jumps into the video while editing and says he didn’t realize how bad things are when he recorded the video initially, and that they may block everybody after the 27th.

The 27th is what a lot of people are talking about in terms of Russia shutting down all travel for men, because the “referendums” will be finished, and those occupied areas will be considered By Russia to be in their possession as Russian territory.  The thinking is that it will be full-on martial law starting either later today (the 27th) or the 30th, ostensibly when Putin addresses lawmakers and declares it Russia territory.

Fuck him. He drank the kool aid. Send him to the front. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck him. He drank the kool aid. Send him to the front. 

You know who didn’t drink the kool aid (flavor aide)?

The Inside Russia guy.  He’s been (arguably) recently crossing the line into full-on Putin/Russian government bashing, plus he’s always been pro-USA. With the mobilization stuff, he really got pissed off and bashed the government a lot.

And his mother is Ukrainian (or half).

Something happened yesterday and he and his family bailed for Uzbekistan.  His fans have been losing their shit in the comments, so I’m guessing he got the draft notice since he’s in his 40s, and given how much he’s traveled over the years and all of his connections, he was able to pull off leaving.

https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkx3vwskOu7iHZ4uimELE13Nt_JVbYVzO-s

His last comment:

Just escaped. Still looking for harbor

2nd to last post (3rd is just below)

Sorry for keeping you in the dark for a few hours, there were reasons, I will explain later. I can’t keep my eyes open now, I’ll wake up in Tadzhikistan, then will catch a cab to the border of Uzbekistan, then walk over the border and another cab will bring me to Tashkent. Traveling in cabs all day in the high mountains tomorrow :) I will do hardest to stream tomorrow. Love you, K

All the leaves are brown

And the sky is grey

I’ve been for a walk

On this autumn day

I’d be safe and warm If I was in Tashkent ✈️

No more good byes like no tomorrow, hellos only from now on 😁 The updates and stories are coming but let me catch breath and sleep a bit, I’m on my 4th Red Bull now

I’m amazed he got out

YDGB_50Uc_VuCLS0BWTIQ-ol07fUI_LtXopQai_N

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

WRT the Russian conscripts not being supplied- I’m imagining a Cyrillic army instructions/procedures manual, soft cover bound, mimeographed, dating to the 1940s, outlining how to do this. It explains how it is on to expect them to outfit themselves (no more than 15% require rifles for the assault; those in the rear can pick up rifles from fallen comrades. Similarly, corpses from both armies can be stripped of boots and coats for the living). 

IOW- maybe a feature and not a bug?

8 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Dead men don't need sleeping bags.

@The Dog that is a fascinating thread.  While it makes sense that we found some production issues/inadequacies that we are addressing (or boosting capacity) these really jumped out at me, because it looks like the US Army (and possibly Marine Corps) are making some changes in their own units and tactics,  based on Ukrainian battlefield performance. Notably, artillery - while it could be we are going to send a lot more HIMARS to Ukraine, it’s more likely that we will also be converting some of our M777 units to HIMARS.   Which makes a lot of sense - the Ukrainians have tested them on a modern battlefield  against what used to be a near-peer and the kinds of hardware we would be facing in the future, far more thoroughly than anything we could replicate in training or in Afghanistan/Iraq.

I follow artillery stuff more than infantry on FB and Reddit, and there’s been talk about reducing the amount of barrel artillery in favor of MLRS/HIMARS, because with the range and accuracy, and the kinds of targets that Ukraine has successfully hit, as well as the mobility factor, it makes sense to start considering what we use, now that we have actual battlefield experience in hand to justify the changes/ costs.  Also, moving to boost the acquisition/use of the more accurate  munitions (Excaliberm etc,) used in the M777s makes sense.  These things could also lower our logistics requirements in the long run (improved  accuracy/range = fewer munitions expended to hit a target )  

And something else - those numbers and that hardware that he mentioned below, some of that is going to be buying us the newest generations of hardware, as we are sending the previous stuff to Ukraine,  Those 100 HIMARS could be replacing previous-gen HIMARS.

The bit about Marines buying Stingers for the first time in 17 years - either they had a large stock they hadn’t worked through, or possibly it’s an acknowledgement that they need to boost their anti- drone/UAV capabilities.

There’s the saying about we always prepare/train to fight our last war, but looking like we are looking to the future.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 8:20 AM, Chad Fuck said:

Remember a few days ago when mobilization first occurred and all those Ivan talking heads were saying, “We have to give our troops the best!” It’s almost like they knew the pics of rusty AKs, massive exodus lines and drunk 50 year olds were queued up. I’m afraid “don’t shoot the messenger” isn’t a Russian sentiment guys.

Cue up “Run through the Jungle.”

Man, I was reminiscing about...yesterday.  Did I post this before or after we found out that a Russian kid had literally shot the mobilization messenger? 

[inures arm patting himself on the back]

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don’t remember why tampons don’t work with wounds or whatever, but when my BIL went to Afghanistan, I joked about sending some, and he said they cause more problems than they can fix.

speaking of supplies and the video above

"Bugger all equipment" be still my heart

• Haha 1

Wow, I guess Konstantin did get called up (he had to be on their radar and I’m surprised they didn’t round him up before now) and he managed to get out of Russia with some active help from his followers.  This is live-streaming at 3pm this afternoon, and the description is:

How and Why I left Russia and how my subscribers saved my life.

HOW YOU SAVED MY LIFE I am NOT exaggerating. You saved my life. I will explain how in today's stream. 4 PM EST, today and every day, as usual. From Tashkent now.

My friends, thank you for the prayers. I am at my destination, Tashkent, Uzbekistan, safe and warm. Extremely tired after crossing two borders on foot in one day and very shaken after this whole experience (I was close to not being let go at the border control) but not broken. NOT BROKEN. Please tune in to the daily stream today at the usual time and I will tell you how you saved my life.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

@The Dog that is a fascinating thread.  While it makes sense that we found some production issues/inadequacies that we are addressing (or boosting capacity) these really jumped out at me, because it looks like the US Army (and possibly Marine Corps) are making some changes in their own units and tactics,  based on Ukrainian battlefield performance. Notably, artillery - while it could be we are going to send a lot more HIMARS to Ukraine, it’s more likely that we will also be converting some of our M777 units to HIMARS.   Which makes a lot of sense - the Ukrainians have tested them on a modern battlefield  against what used to be a near-peer and the kinds of hardware we would be facing in the future, far more thoroughly than anything we could replicate in training or in Afghanistan/Iraq.

I follow artillery stuff more than infantry on FB and Reddit, and there’s been talk about reducing the amount of barrel artillery in favor of MLRS/HIMARS, because with the range and accuracy, and the kinds of targets that Ukraine has successfully hit, as well as the mobility factor, it makes sense to start considering what we use, now that we have actual battlefield experience in hand to justify the changes/ costs.  Also, moving to boost the acquisition/use of the more accurate  munitions (Excaliberm etc,) used in the M777s makes sense.  These things could also lower our logistics requirements in the long run (improved  accuracy/range = fewer munitions expended to hit a target )  

And something else - those numbers and that hardware that he mentioned below, some of that is going to be buying us the newest generations of hardware, as we are sending the previous stuff to Ukraine,  Those 100 HIMARS could be replacing previous-gen HIMARS.

The bit about Marines buying Stingers for the first time in 17 years - either they had a large stock they hadn’t worked through, or possibly it’s an acknowledgement that they need to boost their anti- drone/UAV capabilities.

There’s the saying about we always prepare/train to fight our last war, but looking like we are looking to the future.

I wonder how much the from shift barrel artillery to missile based mobile systems are tied to the increase in UAV direct visuals and how much easier it is to now paint targets instead of having exact coordinates prior to the incorporation of UAVs. 

There will always be a place for barrel artillery, but the ability to pinpoint strike of the MLRS/HIMARS, now without the reliance on satellite or airborne reconnaissance intel or on the ground spotters makes their flexibility extremely valuable. It made sense to rely heavily on barreled artillery for most purposes because, in the past, there was a limited number of real-time opportunities “worth” the price of the ammunition. Now, UAVs make target identification much simpler, either through a identify via reconnaissance and verify with a UAV, or a real-time spotter approach. If you can identify high value targets faster, before they are able to me moved, the missile systems increase in value and flexibility significantly.

The changes in the modern battlefield are fascinating and we will continue see the impact of things like UAVs for unit level target acquisition and a shift in the timeframe in which units can stay stationary without some form of hardened emplacement. The faster you can identify and then target mobile units, the less time those units have downtime to reload, repair, or in the case of mobile artillery systems, be able to execute their operational capabilities. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’ve been thinking about that a lot. We can’t even really fathom the feelings the Ukrainian’s have.

Imagine half the US being basically leveled. Hell, we had 2 buildings leveled and spent 2 decades seeking retribution.

And we are still hunting down & killing the sumbitches that did it.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1