Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

we already established you and @NowThis are the only 2

.....that you KNOW OF.

NowThis just had 1) the indiscretion to share his peculiar foibles, and 2) lacked the guts to own it.  Man, you like what you like -- go for it!

I mean, unless what you like is getting blown by another Russian soldier while a grenade is dropped on you both....you probably shouldn't like that.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Pods said:

For context, the 2022 Defense Dept Budget is $752.9 Billion. $16.8 Billion is 2.2% of the annual defense budget.

Let's look at just some of what we got for that 2.2% of the annual defense budget.  

1) Save a fledgling democracy, giving us a chance to stick up for our principles. This has united most Americans across the aisle, at a time when that has become incredibly rare.

2) Restores credibility of US intel agencies that had suffered badly since 2003.  

3) Shows why NATO is critical. Until Russia invaded, the necessity of NATO was openly questioned publicly and frequently. Open Russian aggression reveals that NATO is absolutely critical to US and European stability.

4) Strengthens NATO. NATO gains Sweden and Finland and soon will be able to add Ukraine. That gives NATO 2 new bordering countries with Russia plus the ability to hinder the Russian Black Sea Fleet and completely bottle up the Russian Baltic Sea Fleet in port. 

4) Destroys the bulk of the professional Russian army, along with their equipment. Also destroys the ability for Russia to replenish and rebuild that equipment, rendering Russia impotent for at least the next decade or so. 

5) Shows that US equipment is utterly dominant versus Russian tech, which almost certainly also applies to Chinese tech. You want shit that works and works well? Buy USA. 

6) Makes it much less likely China tries to take Taiwan by force. Even not even considering military aspects, their economy would be destroyed instantly by sanctions. 

All that for 2.2% of the annual defense budget, $16.8 Billion. That's one of the best returns on investment in history. 

Anyone criticizing the US sending aid to Ukraine does not have US strategic interests in mind.

For me, #4 is most important. When this is done, Russia will not be able to project power ANYWHERE.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

For me, #4 is most important. When this is done, Russia will not be able to project power ANYWHERE.  

For me it’s the final sentence. Pay close attention to those advocating appeasement or otherwise arguing the US doesn’t have a dog in this fight. They all have something in common.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

For context, the 2022 Defense Dept Budget is $752.9 Billion. $16.8 Billion is 2.2% of the annual defense budget.
Let's look at just some of what we got for that 2.2% of the annual defense budget.  
1) Save a fledgling democracy, giving us a chance to stick up for our principles. This has united most Americans across the aisle, at a time when that has become incredibly rare.
2) Restores credibility of US intel agencies that had suffered badly since 2003.  
3) Shows why NATO is critical. Until Russia invaded, the necessity of NATO was openly questioned publicly and frequently. Open Russian aggression reveals that NATO is absolutely critical to US and European stability.
4) Strengthens NATO. NATO gains Sweden and Finland and soon will be able to add Ukraine. That gives NATO 2 new bordering countries with Russia plus the ability to hinder the Russian Black Sea Fleet and completely bottle up the Russian Baltic Sea Fleet in port. 
4) Destroys the bulk of the professional Russian army, along with their equipment. Also destroys the ability for Russia to replenish and rebuild that equipment, rendering Russia impotent for at least the next decade or so. 
5) Shows that US equipment is utterly dominant versus Russian tech, which almost certainly also applies to Chinese tech. You want shit that works and works well? Buy USA. 
6) Makes it much less likely China tries to take Taiwan by force. Even not even considering military aspects, their economy would be destroyed instantly by sanctions. 
All that for 2.2% of the annual defense budget, $16.8 Billion. That's one of the best returns on investment in history. 
Anyone criticizing the US sending aid to Ukraine does not have US strategic interests in mind.

Nicely laid out. Well done.
  • Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Never before have I thought an in-line video ad placement for a VPN service was more apropos.  We're going to have to wait for two generations of 'lost' Russians to die off while the younger generation suffers.

Yeah, these things are like Jordan Keppler interviews but without the humour.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

All I see is people who are brainwashed and people who can’t say what they know to be true because they fear the consequences. These are thoroughly subjugated people.

And my comparison isn't? While the consequences from the law may differ (although you actually do see dissent among some of the urban crowd), their rubes are more likely most fearful of social death than physical retribution just like our own. I don't know if you've ever lived in a small town or a peripheral community, but speaking out against anything but the locally, socially acceptable "party line" can easily cast you as a social outcast.

• Hook 'Em 1

And my comparison isn't? While the consequences from the law may differ (although you actually do see dissent among some of the urban crowd), their rubes are more likely most fearful of social death than physical retribution just like our own. I don't know if you've ever lived in a small town or a peripheral community, but speaking out against anything but the locally, socially acceptable "party line" can easily cast you as a social outcast.

Slow your roll there brosef. This isn’t about you or your comparison. It purely my initial reaction to watching the video.

I’ve spent plenty of time - decades even - in small towns. So you can spare me that lecture. I’ve already lived it.

In short, I’m agreeing with you.
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Pods said:

The part that most people don’t realize is that what the gov is going is just paying the local community to produce more weapons that we give away, we are still paying American workers (I am sure some are working crazy OT hrs, improving the production lines and training new ppl to make the weapons) to make them  and aren’t giving the funds to Ukraine. we are essentially paying Americans with these funds 

That’s what they need to sell to all the idiots.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gengs1 said:

The part that most people don’t realize is that what the gov is going is just paying the local community to produce more weapons that we give away, we are still paying American workers (I am sure some are working crazy OT hrs, improving the production lines and training new ppl to make the weapons) to make them  and aren’t giving the funds to Ukraine. we are essentially paying Americans with these funds 

That’s what they need to sell to all the idiots.  

Also sell that we are already seeing a serious bump in orders for American military hardware, which brings more money into the US, and potentially lowers per-unit costs (one can dream).

Oh, and this is allowing us to clear out our existing inventories and replace them with upgraded/newer versions (we send them HIMARS 1.0, we replace our inventory with HIMARS 3.0 or whatever).  Plus, were we really ever going to use up our M113 inventory?  @RDCanecutter can probably speak more to that, but it seems like sending all those M113s, etc., over there to be used was a helluva great way to get them out of our back catalog (rather than paying to store and maintain them (unlike the Russians) only to eventually see them used for target practice (like the Russians).

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

This geo locating shit is amazing. I remember when I had to get out a five pound phone book and a map to figure out where the cute girl in my 2nd grade class lived.
You could have just hit my parents landline until you got through and found out she was out back with me on our sweet trampoline. No call waiting so sorry for the wait.
  • Like 1

Some of the comments followed by the latest video, just all so beautiful. Must watch.

you watch their military correspondent talking abt Ukraine forces being at the peak of their capabilities and describing them as this magnificently supplied juggernaut, and wonder, surely, some viewers understand, Russia chose to attack them, and realize it was idiotic?

--

The Russian army has been holding the line. It’s just that the line is receding faster than the Ukrainian can chase them.

--

Hell of an interview with a "simple reporter" on the Russian front lines. Hard truths.

---

Painful awareness here of the need to field new recruits now to stabilize the front but also that doing so without training them in modern war will result in heavy losses. War correspondent suggests new forces will need at least 2 months before they could launch counteroffensive

The look on his face here when asked this question is priceless!

FeRdCbsWQAA3U0B?format=jpg&name=medium

• Haha 1