Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

They list the helicopters separately on the graphic.

I don't trust the aircraft losses reported by Ukraine. Those numbers have always looked grossly inflated. There were some artillery attacks on airfields (Crimea and the one in Chornobaivka which liked to get pounded in the ass more than a NowThis wet dream) which can account for some of those losses but having +500 losses for all air assets seems extremely optimistic.

Not that RU airforce hasn't been MIA for quite some time and has been probably the biggest surprise in those whole war. I've just chalked it up to Russia finally realizing that the risk/reward was not worth it once Ukraine started beefing up anti-air capabilities.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, dimyh said:

I don't trust the aircraft losses reported by Ukraine. Those numbers have always looked grossly inflated. There were some artillery attacks on airfields (Crimea and the one in Chornobaivka which liked to get pounded in the ass more than a NowThis wet dream) which can account for some of those losses but having +500 losses for all air assets seems extremely optimistic.

Not that RU airforce hasn't been MIA for quite some time and has been probably the biggest surprise in those whole war. I've just chalked it up to Russia finally realizing that the risk/reward was not worth it once Ukraine started beefing up anti-air capabilities.

And also that the majority of their airplanes are actually cardboard mockups sitting at airfields around the country, because the money to build the planes went to building General Ivanov's  numerous dachas in Crimea.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, KYHorn said:

This has the whiff of setting up Kadyrov to fail and making him a(n e)scapegoat.

25 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I love the dude coming out of the woods. Forward scouts are the best. 

Dipshits.  Turn your fucking turret around and aim the cannon as high as it will go.  That's the signal for a surrendering tank/IFV.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This has the whiff of setting up Kadyrov to fail and making him a(n e)scapegoat.

Dipshits.  Turn your fucking turret around and aim the cannon as high as it will go.  That's the signal for a surrendering tank/IFV.

So you served with the French in 1941? I kid! 

Yeah, and also some comments are stating this was a training operation/PR. 

Concerning Kadyrov. If he fails fuck yeah! A victory for humanity. There are a few of us who think that fucker was instrumental in creating ISIS. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Like the Russian army actually trains its troops in tasks as complex as "how to operate the turret of your vehicle."  All the guys who knew how to do that are long-dead.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Like the Russian army actually trains its troops in tasks as complex as "how to operate the turret of your vehicle."  All the guys who knew how to do that are long-dead.

So - no Disney instructions on how to hang on to the turret for ‘Mr. Manpads Wild Ride’??

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

buncha potato farmers wearing adidas on their legs, trying to find rotate on a soviet tank.  this is not a worthy adversary.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

So how long before Kadyrov falls from a tenth story window?

It kind of needs to be soon.  Because you can begin to see the outline of the warlord-ization of Russia.  Between Kadyrov and Prigozhin, you already have two sizable private armies in Russia that are probably as well-equipped and capable as the federal army.  For the moment, the Kadyrovites and Wagner remain loyal to Putin.  But that could change at any time (either because Putin is deposed or because Kadyrov/Prigozhin mutiny).  And if that happens, it's not at all clear to me how that would go.

It could very well be that you have something that looks like China from 1910 to 1949.  But with nuclear weapons.  And I don't think that's a particularly good thing.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

It kind of needs to be soon.  Because you can begin to see the outline of the warlord-ization of Russia.  Between Kadyrov and Prigozhin, you already have two sizable private armies in Russia that are probably as well-equipped and capable as the federal army.  For the moment, the Kadyrovites and Wagner remain loyal to Putin.  But that could change at any time (either because Putin is deposed or because Kadyrov/Prigozhin mutiny).  And if that happens, it's not at all clear to me how that would go.

It could very well be that you have something that looks like China from 1910 to 1949.  But with nuclear weapons.  And I don't think that's a particularly good thing.

Kadyrov will go down with the Putin ship. His clan pushed all its cards in on “siding with the tsar.” Putin and the Russian military are the source of his authority and position and he cannot change now. The North Caucasus do not forget or forgive, once the winds shift if Russia Kadyrov either gets to some hot emirate or his fate is worth than Gaddafi. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

revolution !

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

So how long before Kadyrov falls from a tenth story window?

30 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Kadyrov will go down with the Putin ship. His clan pushed all its cards in on “siding with the tsar.” Putin and the Russian military are the source of his authority and position and he cannot change now. The North Caucasus do not forget or forgive, once the winds shift if Russia Kadyrov either gets to some hot emirate or his fate is worth than Gaddafi. 

Something is brewing.  I’ve seen this posted around, bitching about Russian elites not sending their sons off to fight.   No idea who he is, but some are claiming that it’s Dagestan, but maybe somebody who is being used by Kadyrov.

Everything seems to point to Kadyrov, and if so, he’s getting out over his skis.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

It's important to note, and I've done it on this thread before, but I wouldn't expect anyone to remember, and I sure wouldn't expect anyone to go back and read about it, but when Russians call elements of Ukraine Nazis, they don't mean it in the way westerners think about it. That's why it's idiotic to bring up Zelensky as a Jew as part of the response. Russians don't primarily associate the Nazis with the Holocaust the way westerners do.

I’ve heard/read a lot that says basically that if you believe in Ukraine as a nation, that you are a Ukrainian “nationalist” as it were, that it falls under the banner of Russia calling you a “Nazi” (nationalist) and has nothing to do with Germany.

• Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

So a somewhat off-topic question, . . . if the United States and the EU (and I presume some other allies, including Japan, Australia, and South Korea) can agree to a price cap on Russian oil, why can't we agree on a price cap on all oil.  Kind of an oil buyers' cartel to counter OPEC?

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

So a somewhat off-topic question, . . . if the United States and the EU (and I presume some other allies, including Japan, Australia, and South Korea) can agree to a price cap on Russian oil, why can't we agree on a price cap on all oil.  Kind of an oil buyers' cartel to counter OPEC?

Because China and India would sign an agreement to buy it for $2/bbl more than "The West"? I honestly don't know...just guessing. 

• Hook 'Em 1