Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

32 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There’s this guy that keeps setting my neighbor’s house on fire. The other day when my neighbor tried to put it out, some sparks flew off the roof onto my garden shed. 

Thinking of giving my neighbor a talking too about proper firefighting technique and I’m not gonna let him point the finger at some “arsonist” that keeps tossing Molotov cocktails through his window. 

Right, but what about your neighbor's Nazi bio-labs?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

That's way north and way east. Must be an ammunition depot or a large congregation of Russian troops.

image.thumb.png.9093ed10ef256839c463a5a44faf886c.png

I made this a while back when we saw the UKA take Kupyansk and Lyman regarding what looks to be the plan up north… That town is the outward hump on the orange line and is off the main land feeder road from Russia to Svatove and the first major population center between Staroblisk and Russia. So yeah, it’s a depot location and most likely a COC center for their fall back line if Svatove falls. 

Remember that if Svatove and Staroblisk fall, then there isn’t much between there and completely cutting the other quick transport routes in by rail or road from Russia proper and requires a much more indirect route.

So this is either just a standard target of opportunity strike or, like we have seen in prior UKA offensives, targeting COC knowing that they have a point they expect to exploit in the RU static defensive line and want to limit the ability to provide a “brain” to local defensive units to react to a potential breach.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I'm not very familiar with Russian mortar rounds, but it appears that some of those rounds have their fuses in them.  There are safeties in the fuses that require a set amount of time after firing before they arm, but storing ammo with the fuses in is a very big no-no.  One malfunctioning fuse, and it can all go up.

Maybe they're storage caps, designed to keep the fuse well clean, but if that's the case, why don't all of the rounds have them?  Weird.

I'm also a little taken aback that they are not boxed.  Maybe that store is right next to a firing position and the rounds are prepped for rapid use.  Still doesn't seem like safe storage to me.

Disclaimer: while I was a 60mm mortarman, I never saw combat, so I don't know if this storage matches what our forces do in combat.  I just know that it gives me the boo boo jeebies to think about working around that kind of storage.

I mean its Russia. If we've leaned anything over the past few months everything they do is wrong. Everything.  Biggest paper tiger the world has ever seen.  

• Hook 'Em 1