Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

4 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

I am extremely dubious about this and would in all honesty be just as likely to call it Ukrainian disinformation aimed at keeping Belarusians anxious as anything genuine from Moscow. 

And I’d have no problems with them doing it, it’s just super far-fetched. Putin has a lot more levers he can pull with Belarus. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Odd…grifting oligarchs or Russian leaders worried about where equipment is flowing?  One of the posts mentions maybe this is how somebody fixes the supply, by confiscating stuff purchased by volunteers and distributing as they see fit.

Fig_cX-XkAAwkOd?format=png&name=900x900

Galeev has a thread going into more details about the new restrictions on personal aid. It sounds completely idiotic but it's simply a matter of authoritatarian control. Anything operating outside of the Kremlin or its approved oligarchs is seen as a threat. Even though people are trying to do what the government should be doing: providing for their troops. Thank goodness they are such power starved dipshits.

When I first heard about the mobniks forced into buying their own gear with marked up prices I was stunned. Not sure if it's all mail ordered or if they have some regional warehouses but my first reaction as a mobnik would be taking the company on the first field exercise: looting the general store. Just tell the owner to bill Vova Putin for everything and if he didn't like that then he can be part of the live fire drills. Seriously boggles the mind how fucked up that whole country is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, dimyh said:

Galeev has a thread going into more details about the new restrictions on personal aid. It sounds completely idiotic but it's simply a matter of authoritatarian control. Anything operating outside of the Kremlin or its approved oligarchs is seen as a threat. Even though people are trying to do what the government should be doing: providing for their troops. Thank goodness they are such power starved dipshits.

When I first heard about the mobniks forced into buying their own gear with marked up prices I was stunned. Not sure if it's all mail ordered or if they have some regional warehouses but my first reaction as a mobnik would be taking the company on the first field exercise: looting the general store. Just tell the owner to bill Vova Putin for everything and if he didn't like that then he can be part of the live fire drills. Seriously boggles the mind how fucked up that whole country is.

Surely there's a way the US can get Dubai and others to give them some supplies with trackers. Follow the supply lines, note the storage facilities and troop concentrations, then give the coordinates to Ukraine 

Brisket's kids spend more time in Europe than he does in a court room.
And that might be for the best. 

Fair. And, to BE fair, they do go to school there. Estonia is just a cheap train and ferry ride from the daughter’s school in Sweden.
But yeah, I’m openly jealous of the life my kids are living - quite different from my college days (but then, they don’t have easy access to bbq or hunting or college football, so…points for Brisket).
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Fair. And, to BE fair, they do go to school there. Estonia is just a cheap train and ferry ride from the daughter’s school in Sweden.
But yeah, I’m openly jealous of the life my kids are living - quite different from my college days (but then, they don’t have easy access to bbq or hunting or college football, so…points for Brisket).

Yeah but one them has easy access to cheap but good Scotch, real football and college girls. 

Heck, maybe both of them.

• Hook 'Em 3

The unknown respiratory problem may be Covid, but I remember some mention of a recent 800% increase in RSV in Great Britain. RSV, sure as hell would result in a whole bunch of pneumonia.  Among the bizarre differences in the Russian army is the fact that nobody polices, or makes an area ship shape. They are universally filthy, with trash everywhere and unsanitary conditions.
There is no way you can keep large groups of conscripts in a small area that unsanitary without Civil War era like health problems, given the fact they do not have medical equipment, or apparently even anabiotic’s.
This is a very good thing.  Putin wants to increase the number of mobilized. This is also a very good thing. He is a master strategist.
  • Hook 'Em 6

38 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Holy shit! That drone hitting the sleeping Russian soldier. Being in battle has universally, and historically resulted in PTS for the participants. Can you imagine what it must be like with every waking moment or sleeping moment to be worried about being killed from a silent drone from above. It’s bad enough being in a cold Foxhole in miserable weather - but at least the fox hole can theoretically stop you being hit by artillery fragments. Or at least most of them.  
The dipshits who survive this and go back to Russia will merge their chronic alcoholism with horrific levels of post traumatic stress.  No matter what happens to Donbas or Crimea, Russian society will be Über fucked for at least a generation.   If Russia, somehow prevails in keeping some of that territory, their victory will include decades of a ruined economy, the brain drain of all the Russians who left to avoid increased authoritarianism and mobilization, and the world treating Russia like a leper North Korea.  
They won’t be able to vacation without the threat of detention and a war crimes trial. Their sports teams won’t be welcomed and their academics will not be invited to any conference worth a shit ….other than a junior high science day in Crimea.
Their best case scenario will also include hundreds of thousands of unemployed, mentally broken, violent, angry asshole alcoholics with PTS - with zero resources to address that. 

edit: i have no idea how to un-underline this lol
46E0D0CD-58F4-4550-98BC-C25D8B407335.gif.d6d3ae977612bbeb5bc424216d2bae3b.gif

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 9

16 minutes ago, NAVY said:

JFC. Russia is just evil on evil 

We really should have let Patton take the third army and steam roll Russia. 

from Wiki: In its advance from the Rhine to the Elbe, Patton's Third Army, which numbered between 250,000 and 300,000 men at any given time, captured 32,763 square miles (84,860 km2) of German territory. Its losses were 2,102 killed, 7,954 wounded, and 1,591 missing. German losses in the fighting against the Third Army totaled 20,100 killed, 47,700 wounded, and 653,140 captured.[192]

• Hook 'Em 4

51 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

The unknown respiratory problem may be Covid, but I remember some mention of a recent 800% increase in RSV in Great Britain. RSV, sure as hell would result in a whole bunch of pneumonia.  Among the bizarre differences in the Russian army is the fact that nobody polices, or makes an area ship shape. They are universally filthy, with trash everywhere and unsanitary conditions.
There is no way you can keep large groups of conscripts in a small area that unsanitary without Civil War era like health problems, given the fact they do not have medical equipment, or apparently even anabiotic’s.
This is a very good thing.  Putin wants to increase the number of mobilized. This is also a very good thing. He is a master strategist.

I have seen so many photos and videos of Russian facilities/camps in Ukraine, as well as where they are “training” and they are not policing their areas - this is what a lack of professional NCOs looks like and what it will do to a military.

Those of us who were enlisted certainly had NCOs that we hated, but at the same time none of them would have let this happen. I had a couple I had little respect for, but they would not have let things devolve to this level (nor would the officers).

And hell, when I went through basic, plenty of us got sick, lots of respiratory stuff, but we would be segregated/quarantined and treated, and because it was basic, everything was kept practically spotless - toilets, showers, etc. with some pretty serious chemicals used,

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

They should not be allowed to play international games at all until they leave Ukraine. 

Come on FIFA..... Grow a pair. Oh wait. 

They should not be allowed to compete until they can demonstrate they can compete without state-sponsored cheating.    At this point, they need to prove a negative to be believed. 

• Hook 'Em 3