Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

How much repair and replace and rest and recuperation can the UKA do before the May offensive Zeihan describes.

Repair is always ongoing and some of it is being handled by other European countries.  Replace, same.

R&R….. probably quite a bit since the Ukrainians don’t have to travel as far as say the Russians.

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Repair is always ongoing and some of it is being handled by other European countries.  Replace, same.

R&R….. probably quite a bit since the Ukrainians don’t have to travel as far as say the Russians.

And that assumes the Russian troops don't either get left on the line with little to no R&R or only sent back behind the lines to live in their own squalor.   I'd be surprised if a lot of them get a chance to visit home.   Especially since the desertion rate would probably be high.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

To the repair and replace thing.  I've read the M777's we've given them are wearing out faster than we can rebarrel them, and accuracy is falling.  Is that the case?  Or was I interacting with a Russian bot?

Edited by Parliament

4 minutes ago, Parliament said:

To the repair and replace thing.  I've read the M777's we've given them are wearing out faster than we can rebarrel them, and accuracy is falling.  Is that the case?  Or was I interacting with a Russian bot?

That was reported in the NYT. And it’s almost certainly true.  Here is the thing you have to remember about the U.S. military force structure, equipment, everything:  our way of war is to first blast the hell out of everything from the sky and sea and continue to do so as long as anything is shooting. We in now way planned to fight an extended war of artillery attrition across largely static front lines. Our stuff needs to be accurate and it’s designed to be so, and mobile too, able to support maneuver and mop up what ever is surviving the hell from above. We’re giving Ukraine what we have, and it’s good, better than what Russia has. But it’s not the perfect tool for the war Ukraine has to fight. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RPM said:

I have no doubt they are using artillery to it's max. I'm confident there's a r/r system in place to keep up.

It’s a hell of a challenge, shouldn’t be underestimated. The choices are to have the people and equipment needed to do do it in Ukraine, at facilities that are the juiciest targets for RU missiles. Or you reverse flow stuff back to Poland and fix it there (what is happening). But Ukraine is constantly attacked from the air and its own logistic network is strained to the maximum. The hardest part is the journey from front line to border. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I still think a massive training programs to repair them would be a good move. They can repair in country, does not have to be military personnel either. Ukraine has a long history of metal working. Then the US and NATO just needs to support with spares. Would be easier in the long run and keep their logistics free for aid and other items. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

I still think a massive training programs to repair them would be a good move. They can repair in country, does not have to be military personnel either. Ukraine has a long history of metal working. Then the US and NATO just needs to support with spares. Would be easier in the long run and keep their logistics free for aid and other items. 

Year's ago, I did an internship for a steel company in Ostrava, Czech Republic called Vitkovice. Prior to the breakup of the Soviet Union, they made tanks, propeller shafts, and other heavy armament for Russia. So, repairing the stuff there would be pretty easy. Plus, it is fairly close to the Polish border so rail travel would be easy.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/27/2022 at 12:53 PM, Scheiss Meister said:

If my memory serves me correctly, back in the 80s and 90s the Brits had some anti-ship missiles that they could launch from Sea Kings and Westland Lynxs.  Maybe these can be configured similarly to hunt Russian missile ships.  Would be ballsy against the Russian AA, but could be possible.

Sea Skua, probably.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

That's the one.  I couldn't remember the name.  A quick Google search shows that it only has a 25 km range.  Still could work, but I don't know if the helicopters would get home safe.

Sea Skua has supposedly just been replaced by an upgrade (Sea Venom, I think), so they might just have them as surplus not quite disposed of, and it could be effective against small ships. But it does seem to be a rather old weapon design, and you need the right radar for it.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Vlad and his boys planning a hunting trip? Damn, that is just messed up. Not only will we not equip you, we are going to make your poor family in Siberia pay taxes to send shit to you. 

Fuck Russia. 

And of course they will make sure what you give is sent to your specific service member.   No way would they just take your stuff and send it wherever.

• Hook 'Em 2