Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

So waaay back in April, when there was a specific attack that at the time that the UKr's really REALLY thought they killed Gerasimov along with 2 or 3 other generals

I actually think they got 1 of their 8 dead generals in that attack, and later reports came out that Gerasimov might have sustained a small wound, but he lived.

well it turns out, that the U.S. knew exactly where Gerasimov was, and kept that information from Ukraine, because they were afraid that killing the 2nd in command of the whole Russian Army might have "escalated" the conflict even more  (how they thought that in APRIL, I have no fucking idea), because we all realized by then that it was by sheer force of numbers that Russia was doing anything on their Eastern/Southern fronts, not because of anything special they were doing.   

But the U.S. kept the Gerasimov visit and location secret, and tried to keep the UKr's from figuring it out... but those sneaky UKr's did on their own... so the U.S. then tried to get them to STOP the attack on the headquarters that held Gerasimov (too late it turned out)

But this is highly disappointing to read.   wiping out Gerasimov and 4 or 5 of his underling generals that were all following him would have majorly helped Ukraine in the conflict decapitating the guys who at least know where everyone is... and I would think that losing your countries #2 General to a bunch of upstart Ukrainians would have possibly woken the Russian public up faster to the fact that their country and army are led by morons.

US officials tried to stop Ukraine from killing high-ranking Russian general who was on a risky visit to the front lines, report says

Gosh dang it.  Come on Guys.  Kill that fucker.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

That is kind of a long read but the dude is so fucking dejected and pissed off at his own Command and countrymen that I couldn't stop reading. He knows they are fucked and I'd guess that nearly every other person taken to the front knows that as well.

So fun to read!

Have we seen Igor Girkin and YGIFS in the same room together?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

So waaay back in April, when there was a specific attack that at the time that the UKr's really REALLY thought they killed Gerasimov along with 2 or 3 other generals

I actually think they got 1 of their 8 dead generals in that attack, and later reports came out that Gerasimov might have sustained a small wound, but he lived.

well it turns out, that the U.S. knew exactly where Gerasimov was, and kept that information from Ukraine, because they were afraid that killing the 2nd in command of the whole Russian Army might have "escalated" the conflict even more  (how they thought that in APRIL, I have no fucking idea), because we all realized by then that it was by sheer force of numbers that Russia was doing anything on their Eastern/Southern fronts, not because of anything special they were doing.   

But the U.S. kept the Gerasimov visit and location secret, and tried to keep the UKr's from figuring it out... but those sneaky UKr's did on their own... so the U.S. then tried to get them to STOP the attack on the headquarters that held Gerasimov (too late it turned out)

But this is highly disappointing to read.   wiping out Gerasimov and 4 or 5 of his underling generals that were all following him would have majorly helped Ukraine in the conflict decapitating the guys who at least know where everyone is... and I would think that losing your countries #2 General to a bunch of upstart Ukrainians would have possibly woken the Russian public up faster to the fact that their country and army are led by morons.

US officials tried to stop Ukraine from killing high-ranking Russian general who was on a risky visit to the front lines, report says

14 hours ago, Parliament said:

Gosh dang it.  Come on Guys.  Kill that fucker.

Totally agree, except Gerasimov is a moron and keeping him alive may be better than the alternative. Having said that, our "restraint" is retarded.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

200.gif

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64016599
Russia says it will deploy musicians to the front lines of its war in Ukraine in a bid to boost morale. 
The defence ministry announced the formation of the "front-line creative brigade" this week, saying it would include both vocalists and musicians.
The UK said the new creative brigade - which follows a recent campaign, urging the public to donate musical instruments to troops - is in keeping with the historic use of "military music and organised entertainment" to boost morale.
But they questioned whether the new brigade would actually distract troops, who have been primarily concerned about "very high casualty rates, poor leadership, pay problems, lack of equipment and ammunition, and lack of clarity about the war's objectives". 
According to the Russian outlet RBC news, the brigade will consist of troops mobilised under President Vladimir Putin's recruitment drive, as well as "professional artists who voluntarily entered military service". 
The new unit will be tasked with maintaining "a high moral, political and psychological state [among] the participants of the special military operation," the outlet cited the defence ministry as saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Deej said:

It's time for someone to fuck with Iran. 

No Cloak Room, but the JCPOA was an interesting (but constitutionally dubious) gamble in 2014. Since then, it has become a dumber and dumber idea. 

Right now, of all the reasons for supporting it-

1. It keeps Iran from developing nukes (it doesn’t)

2. It slows their nuke development (not really much, and at a huge cost)

3. It strengthens Iran to be a counterbalance to Saudi (kind of actually made a lot more war in the ME)

4. Trump thinks it’s a bad idea, so it must be a good one 

Only #4 is left to be arguable. Meanwhile, back on thread topic, Iran is showing just how much they can be trusted as they ally with Russia. 

So the Ukraine is now targeting stuff over the border near Belgorod with artillery… Surprise surprise, you push forces down within Belarus towards the Ukrainian border, the UKA pushes toward Belgorod. 

This is just a subtle message that any invasion push towards Kyiv will then see an equal push into Russian territory (which is a critical supply and repair depot for what is left of that front) and the RU has to decide how futile their potential advance would be vs what would happen if the UKA then invade Russian soil as a retaliation.

I suspect that the next thing we will see is a public declaration from the Ukraine that any joint attacks with Belarus would constitute that this is not a police action or local matter and as such invasion over the Russian border is considered justified under international law.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Get them some ATTACM's already.

Don’t think the US I’ll be that forgiving, but artillery and the Turkish and other systems are another matter.

No HIMARS or ATTACMs over the border, but they can instead use those to hammer around Crimea and  shift the others North now. This way they can prep a push east/south and still pressure the RU in the north with the real fear that the primary rail hub into Belarus could also become a target…