Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, statsman said:

Any strategy relying on Germany is a bad one. They are doing that German thing where they passive-aggressively work the other direction from their rhetoric. 

I have an idea. We (the US) should start escalating- giving Ukraine all the good stuff. Let Germany use its oh-so-superior strategies to manage the Russians down, and not the west. 

I think its time to start giving them offensive capabilities 

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wait, are you saying we shouldn’t take the word of a Ukrainian-born American who raced cars in Japan, that there’s 700,000 Russians about to attack. With another 200,000 I reserve?  Even though nobody has spotted them?

You forgot that JFK Jr will be leading them astride a man/bear/pig!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Take the sledgehammer, melt down the head and shape it into a dildo and send it back to Putin.  Run an analysis on the fingerprints and determine if that is blood or just paint (should have darkened if blood) and then put that person on an Interpol watch list.    

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russian propaganda was trying to claim that Russia had mobilized over half-a-million men recently, and had 700,000 ready to invade from Belarus.  It's like they'd don't realize there are things like satellites, recon aircraft, and human intel that would be broadcasting that all over the place.

Exactly. Like, you know, the exact same satellites, recon aircraft, and human intel that detected the original invasion force of ~170K massing along the Ukrainian borders and determined Russia's intent for an all-out invasion even when most other global agents-- including Ukraine itself-- didn't believe it could possibly happen.

I'd say we've got a pretty good handle on what Russia's doing at any point in time.  I'd hope the rest of the world is smart enough to believe us, from now on...

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Exactly. Like, you know, the exact same satellites, recon aircraft, and human intel that detected the original invasion force of ~170K massing along the Ukrainian borders and determined Russia's intent for an all-out invasion even when most other global agents-- including Ukraine itself-- didn't believe it could possibly happen.

I'd say we've got a pretty good handle on what Russia's doing at any point in time.  I'd hope the rest of the world is smart enough to believe us, from now on...

The best part maybe that the "commander" of said upcoming attack with hundreds of thousands of fresh Russian troops...is the commander who planned the original attack on Kyiv last year.

They must be paying him 7.5 9 million rubles a year since he signed that 4 year extension back in 2021.  If they fired him now, it'd cost them 85 million rubles.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Seems like Leopards and Challengers are imminent. 

The mental image of a spear of Leopards and Challengers, mixed with Bradley's moving troops, sniping T-90's with TOWs, and general wrecking with their insane optics suite and 25mm bushmaster.......is just...... please FOAFO some more Putsky.

Edited by cam4mav
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

I can't find the other thread right now (may have been ISW), but this thread (WarTranslated looking at a Girkin interview) as well as another thread looking at the overall picture from the last few weeks, and I'm paraphrasing both of these threads together, but they basically say the Ukrainians are fighting hard, but they keep falling back just a little bit to pull the Russians forward and out of fortified positions and into the open, where the Ukrainians then hammer them (artillery, etc.), and then the Ukrainians pull back a little more, causing the Russians to again move forward out of fortified positions, and basically wash, rinse, repeat. The other thread mentioned that's why we are seeing so many Russians being killed in the open - when the Ukrainians fall back, the Russian commanders push their troops forward and they are then in the open and exposed  to drones and eventually artillery, etc.

Says the Ukrainians aren't even touching their strategic reserves, and may not even be using their best/assault troops, and instead are using Territorial Defense Forces.

And both threads mention that this is paralleling what has happened elsewhere such as Kharkiv, but especially Kherson where the Ukrainians are basically depleting the Russian troops and then the Ukrainians will start a major counteroffensive, complete with throwing their rested and equipped reserves in, as well as their best units.

• Hook 'Em 8

More of the translation of Girkin.  Could be that he's just trying to goad the Russian military leadership into acting, or trying to stir shit up (he's basically an agent of chaos), but it seems like what he's saying is jiving with what we can see from various reports/videos, as well as the folks who are drawing the lines on the daily maps, that the Ukrainians are seriously wearing the Russians down, including Wagner.  And we have seen a lot of Russians and Russian vehicles being caught out in the open, rather than staying within cities/towns/villages where they have some cover.  If the Russian leadership is screaming at the Russian grunts to move ahead, and the Ukrainians are obliging them by deliberately falling back in such a way as to draw the Russians/Russian vehicles out into crossing open fields/areas....that's pretty wild.

I don't really buy that the Russians all of the sudden are conserving artillery and rocket ammo for some major offensive either, because they desperately need to keep the Ukrainians on their back foot and away from interdicting Russian supply lines (particularly into Crimea).

And Russians are in a "use it or lose it" mode in terms of stockpiling ammo/artillery for some future offensive - we've already seen ammo dumps being hit  in the past week.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I can't find the other thread right now (may have been ISW), but this thread (WarTranslated looking at a Girkin interview) as well as another thread looking at the overall picture from the last few weeks, and I'm paraphrasing both of these threads together, but they basically say the Ukrainians are fighting hard, but they keep falling back just a little bit to pull the Russians forward and out of fortified positions and into the open, where the Ukrainians then hammer them (artillery, etc.), and then the Ukrainians pull back a little more, causing the Russians to again move forward out of fortified positions, and basically wash, rinse, repeat. The other thread mentioned that's why we are seeing so many Russians being killed in the open - when the Ukrainians fall back, the Russian commanders push their troops forward and they are then in the open and exposed  to drones and eventually artillery, etc.

Says the Ukrainians aren't even touching their strategic reserves, and may not even be using their best/assault troops, and instead are using Territorial Defense Forces.

And both threads mention that this is paralleling what has happened elsewhere such as Kharkiv, but especially Kherson where the Ukrainians are basically depleting the Russian troops and then the Ukrainians will start a major counteroffensive, complete with throwing their rested and equipped reserves in, as well as their best units.

already seen threads today where Ukraine is hammering the Russians in Soledar. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Ukraine's Air Assault Forces kill Russian saboteurs on Bakhmut front

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/01/18/7385378/

Spoiler

Soldiers from the 71st Jaeger Brigade of the Ukrainian Air Assault Forces have published a video of an attack on a hostile sabotage and reconnaissance group (SRG) on the Bakhmut front.

Source: Video on Facebook, posted by 71st Jaeger Brigade

Details: It is reported that the Russians tried to get closer to the positions of the Ukrainian troops near Klishchiivka, south of Bakhmut, in broad daylight, but were immediately discovered by Jaegers’ "birds".

Quote: "The drones targeted the enemy infantry, directing the fire of a brigade mortar battery and an attached Krab self-propelled howitzer. They worked together perfectly. Russians don't go down this path anymore."

Video from the article:

https://fb.watch/i7OiFVUq9y/ 

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1