Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

33 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck that.  They need to hit Moscow.  Do EXACTLY what the Russians have done -- hit power stations, infrastructure, bridges.  Muscovites need to get used to the sound of air raid sirens.  It's the game they chose to play and cheer on.  So play.

Totally agree. The only escalation that Russia has left is Nukes. That would put this thing at a whole next level.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Totally agree. The only escalation that Russia has left is Nukes. That would put this thing at a whole next level.

People have been saying that for almost a year.  Putin seems like a bit of a pussy. 

Legit military targets in the Moscow area I'm totally cool with.  But not civilians.  Other than the fact it might be a war crime, it's a waste of my tax dollars.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Parliament said:

People have been saying that for almost a year.  Putin seems like a bit of a pussy. 

Legit military targets in the Moscow area I'm totally cool with.  But not civilians.  Other than the fact it might be a war crime, it's a waste of my tax dollars.

Counterpoint: all  of em.

They support this war.  They WANT it.  So....give them what they want.

Take out their power infrastructure the day before the temps are set to drop to -5 there.  Let them die in their frozen homes.  All for the glory of Mother Russia, of course.  It's their patriotic privilege.

But yeah, they also need to pop a drone right through the fucking roof of the Kremlin.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I hear you saying this and nothing would be more satisfying than having some of Russias terrorism revisited upon them.  But it would still be terrorism.  

Moreover, leaving aside any moral high ground that would inevitably be ceded in that case, what about resources?  What makes you think Ukraine has the ability to visit upon Russia what has been visited upon them?

Counterpoint: the Doolittle raid mattered.  And it wasn't a major raid that visited big destruction on Japan.  It didn't need to be.

Racist, imperialist, genocidal fucksticks need to KNOW that they can be touched.  Wherever, whenever they exist, they can be killed.  ALSO, it requires Russia to deploy more of its air defense and other resources on the homefront.  Every SAM deployed in Moscow is one that can't provide air cover during a Russian offensive.

This war needs a Doolittle raid.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Counterpoint: the Doolittle raid mattered.  And it wasn't a major raid that visited big destruction on Japan.  It didn't need to be.

Racist, imperialist, genocidal fucksticks need to KNOW that they can be touched.  Wherever, whenever they exist, they can be killed.  ALSO, it requires Russia to deploy more of its air defense and other resources on the homefront.  Every SAM deployed in Moscow is one that can't provide air cover during a Russian offensive.

I think that's what the early on Hind raid on Belgorod was.  A little bit of the Moscow sinking was.  And further, the Kerch bridge attack.  Also the Engels attack.  But yes, a little Doolittle Raid to the hear of the empire might do some good.  The Ukes have had more than a couple Doolittle Raid moments.

But sure, no one is going to argue with "Let's take this to the Kremlin."  That's a unique and specific target. Of course, that could also galvanize them like Pearl Harbor. 

I have very little to quibble with on the Uke's handling of things so far.  While I'd love to see more of the Russians getting served, its was just in the last page or two we saw oil tanks at Belgorod going up.  

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The Japanese were so pissed about the Doolittle raid (the emperor was in residence at the time) that the Imperial Army killed 125,000 Chinese civilians (the usual mix of bayonet, beheading by sword and shot). Chiang Kai Shek asked FDR to not do that again. 

(Thread diversion- reading history of the Pacific convinced me that after we had the atom bomb, it was a mercy that we allowed Japan to surrender). 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The Doolittle raid mattered more for morale at home than any negative effect it had on Japan (essentially none). Bombing of civilians typically just hardens a population to war rather than breaking resolve. Ukraine doesn't need a Doolittle raid on civilians. It needs more attacks like Moskva. Attacks that both degrade Russia's military capabilities while also sending a signal that places Russia thinks are safe aren't. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Don't kid yourself, putin isn't a pussy so much as he is pragmatic.  So long as he isn't feeling threatened, nukes are off the table.  As soon as he does feel threatened, look the fuck out.  He could give two shits if regular russians die, he's repeatedly proven that.  About the only thing he would do about civilian deaths is use it to rally to his delusional cause via propaganda.  I'm not advocating attacking their civilians because it likely wouldn't have any sort of positive effect (if they lose an apartment building it isn't as if there will be some sort of organic uprising to oust him).  

In all honesty, I've sort of resided myself to the thought that he will launch at some point (certainly at Ukraine, but don't rule out Poland, Lativa, Lithuania, or Estonia).  If he reaches this stage and actually launches at NATO, it will be out of spite, knowing he's a dead man anyway.  Our best hope is that if he does give the order one in his inner circle will then finally pop him.  

6 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

In all honesty, I've sort of resided myself to the thought that he will launch at some point (certainly at Ukraine, but don't rule out Poland, Lativa, Lithuania, or Estonia).  If he reaches this stage and actually launches at NATO, it will be out of spite, knowing he's a dead man anyway.  Our best hope is that if he does give the order one in his inner circle will then finally pop him.  

Correct.  The chances of Putin NOT attacking a NATO country (Poland or one of the Baltics) in the next several years is functionally zero.  Perpetual war is the only vision that Putin, and now the Russian people, have.  It is their entire existence.  Without war, there is no Russia (in its current incarnation).

We should be manufacturing the fuck out of munitions now.  Some for Ukraine.  But the rest for us and our NATO allies.  We're going to need them.

• Hook 'Em 1

The distance is likely too great, but I wouldn't mind Ukraine somehow going after Putin's seaside palace near Sochi.

The below shows a reporter's reactions to multiple explosions while trying to conduct interviews. The title says she's a new reporter, so she's not used to it all yet. I imagine being accustomed to it isn't "good" for the soul. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/10uj0f9/new_news_reporter_on_ukraine_war_front/

(Displaying as link to avoid autoplay)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

The distance is likely too great, but I wouldn't mind Ukraine somehow going after Putin's seaside palace near Sochi.

The below shows a reporter's reactions to multiple explosions while trying to conduct interviews. The title says she's a new reporter, so she's not used to it all yet. I imagine being accustomed to it isn't "good" for the soul. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasfuck/comments/10uj0f9/new_news_reporter_on_ukraine_war_front/

(Displaying as link to avoid autoplay)

They should all get used to it.  The air raid siren should become Russia's new national anthem.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He should be killed as well.  He is a central pillar of support for Russia's war effort.  He is not a neutral, or a religious figure.  He is a combatant.  Treat him as such.  Bullet to the back of the head.

I’m on my phone today so I keep missing the avatars of posters. I still know exactly which posts are yours., though. This one in particular is very much on point. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I’m on my phone today so I keep missing the avatars of posters. I still know exactly which posts are yours., though. This one in particular is very much on point. 

I'm not a subtle man.

War is a dirty business.  Russia and Russian institutions have decided they want to engage in that dirty business.  Cool.  Time to mud up.

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

The single biggest and most necessary factor, by far, for Ukraine’s success in this war is continued and escalating Western support. There are plenty of forces acting as a brake and Ukraine needs to do anything it can to not feed those forces, which any sort of terror campaign against civilians would do. The single best reason not to terrorize Russian civilians in Russia is the simple fact that Russia keeps accusing them of plotting to do so. 

The Doolittle Raid is not a good analogue. There were two, equally important symbols— first, we can get you at home. Second— you can’t get us. It was a preview of what was to come. If Japan had been able to respond by launching a volley of cruise missiles into Baltimore and Washington, the whole mission would have been much less of a good idea.  These kind of symbolic attacks cost Ukrainian lives with retaliation and if they also resulted in Western blanching at more support, they’re worse than useless. 

I hear you.

But, counterpoint: lots of Russians need to die.  It's the only cure for what they have inflicted and will continue to inflict on the world.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I hear you.

But, counterpoint: lots of Russians need to die.  It's the only cure for what they have inflicted and will continue to inflict on the world.

They need to kill them on the battlefield.

I hear you, and if Ukraine had a strategic aviation capability and could rain fire down on Ryazan and Tula, I’d say go for it. 

They don’t. Anything like what you’re describing would have to be commando operations or small drone strikes. And would kill enough civilians to piss everyone off but not enough to make a difference. 

Shock and awe only works if you can deliver the shock and awe, if you really can make some (cough…Serbs) believe that you can bomb them into oblivion while sitting safe at home or floating on a boat far out of reach. It’s a strategy for a superpower, even Russia can’t do it and so it isn’t working. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

They need to kill them on the battlefield.

The battlefield is anywhere the enemy is found.  There is no "rear area."  Only targets that are farther away.

And yes, I favor commando operations and drone strikes.  No Russian who supports this war should sleep easily, anywhere.  You should have to be afraid of your car blowing up after you go buy your sack of potatoes.  You should fear a drone whirring down onto you as you sleep.  A bullet to the back of the head as you walk to the park.  Death should be a constant specter, walking behind you, laying next to you.  You, Russia, chose the way of death.  Now you get to travel it.

This is a war of extermination: Russia has declared it as such.  Ukraine should fight it as such.  We should help them however we can.

41 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Remember, these guys lost 130k in the Winter War. That was 3 months long.

The Winter War was peak Stalin. before they were at war with Germany. 

Soviet Union in 1939 had something like 170M people.    that 126k didnt even blip the radar because they had lost something like 3.3M from 1914-1917 (which was almost exactly 2x what France lost in 4 years)   But to be fair that loss amount was so staggering, that its what finally brought about the October Revolution.

Russia's ALWAYS viewed their soldiers/people as a very disposable resource, every war they have been in since Tsar Ivan, they have lost 2-3x that of their opponents.  Meat is cheap in Russia.    

The Winter War just gave everyone a preview of the Russian Army's plans for the next 80 years.... heres the hint...

just keep throwing bodies at the opponents until they run out of ammo.  thats how they won against Germany (to the tune of something like 26M).  and thats the same philosophy they are doing against Ukraine. 

They think they have enough bodies to overtake the parts of Ukraine they want right now, and will just retake more in another 15 years. 

which is why Ukraine wont quit until it literally runs out of bullets.

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

They think they have enough bodies to overtake the parts of Ukraine they want right now, and will just retake more in another 15 years. 

which is why Ukraine wont quit until it literally runs out of bullets.

Correct.  Our job is to make sure that Russia runs out of Russians.  Every dead Russian advances that goal.  Russia went all-in.  Fine.  Clean them out.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

just keep throwing bodies at the opponents until they run out of ammo.  thats how they won against Germany (to the tune of something like 26M).  and thats the same philosophy they are doing against Ukraine. 

When they fought Germany, they had the backing of the United States at arguably its greatest industrial capacity in terms of pumping out trucks, jeeps, tanks, and aircraft.

Take the US industrial backing away from the Soviets in WWII, and they probably don't fare so well.

Now Russia is using civilian sedans to ferry artillery shells around, and is relying on fucking Iran and North Korea to supply them.

• Hook 'Em 5

On 2/4/2023 at 1:17 PM, InkaUtexas said:

OOC stated they were going to let their athletes participate. How is not clear. Cannot ban the Z. It is their new national symbol if you follow their propaganda people. 

I would hope so. Raid their asses in Central Africa.

Wait, what? They can ban them from sporting the Russian flag or singing the Russian anthem, but they can’t prevent them from wearing the national symbol?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Wait, what? They can ban them from sporting the Russian flag or singing the Russian anthem, but they can’t prevent them from wearing the national symbol?

No, since it is not a national symbol. 

And today Olympic Committee treated sanctions on Ukraine if the boycott...... Let that sink in. 

• Rage+1 3