Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

On 2/7/2023 at 4:10 PM, MillerEP said:

Follow up to the fur coat story.  They took some of them back after the photo shoot.  Really.

https://meduza.io/en/news/2023/02/09/igor-strelkov-s-team-give-fur-coats-to-donbas-military-widows-shoot-publicity-video-take-coats-back?utm_source=email&utm_medium=briefly&utm_campaign=2023-02-10

"The speaker added that at least three women from the footage had to give back their coats as soon as the video had been recorded. At first, she said, they were told that their coats were not of high enough quality, and would soon be replaced with better ones. Later, the same women were informed that they’d received their coats by mistake, and that they were meant for other people."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

I keep thinking about the scene in the film Glory, when the troops face their first rebel battle.  After the first skirmish, which they win the forest is full of smoke and eerily quiet, and Morgan Freeman yells, "here they come!", and of course the rebs make an assault that breaks down to hand to hand combat.  Every time I read about the russian reserves its what I think about.  A methed up horde of idiots just charging in an attempt to overrun emplacements.  

The seasoned 1st South Carolina would have kicked the shit out of the mobilized orcs

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, ABSR said:

Follow up to the fur coat story.  They took some of them back after the photo shoot.  Really.

https://meduza.io/en/news/2023/02/09/igor-strelkov-s-team-give-fur-coats-to-donbas-military-widows-shoot-publicity-video-take-coats-back?utm_source=email&utm_medium=briefly&utm_campaign=2023-02-10

"The speaker added that at least three women from the footage had to give back their coats as soon as the video had been recorded. At first, she said, they were told that their coats were not of high enough quality, and would soon be replaced with better ones. Later, the same women were informed that they’d received their coats by mistake, and that they were meant for other people."

73F00EE7-0C19-474A-92C8-3F1E72068F8C.thumb.jpeg.f00649fd3b6c55c51f2b8d43b74d7fc6.jpeg

I do remember wondering how they were gonna get that size 4 fur coat to fit on that size 16 lady

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some red and white arm badges hastily colored over with blue and yellow

Yeah I feel like if RU is able to throw enough bodies at this to turn the tide and starts moving West, the Poles are going to have to jump in. Putin has made clear he's not stopping at UKR. The Poles know they're next, they've probably decided to put an end to this before their villages start getting wiped off the map.

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Anything to think about the Moldova government collapse?  Is she going to be replaced by a Muskovite or is this just some normal transition to another western leader?

The Moldovan president nominated the current defense minister to be the new PM. He's pro-western. Also:

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

The Moldovan president nominated the current defense minister to be the new PM. He's pro-western. Also:

It's certainly a precarious situation. If anyone has a deep-dive analysis into this, I'd be interested.

How does Russia keep their "peacekeeping" troops supplied there? Does Moldova have any desire or ability to push the issue?

7 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

It's certainly a precarious situation. If anyone has a deep-dive analysis into this, I'd be interested.

How does Russia keep their "peacekeeping" troops supplied there? Does Moldova have any desire or ability to push the issue?

Russia has been squeezing the country to try and turn public opinion against the pro-western government. The Russian troops are in Transnistria. They have flights in and out.

47 minutes ago, The Dog said:

SIAP but holy shit:

image.png.2ff158df3a0710a3677d5dca5465eebd.png

image.png.fedb803d64a677b3e695fd538be6da27.png

FYI, the Tuvinian nomads are herdsman, who live in yurts in a nomadic lifestyle, changing camps with the seasons so their herds can forage. They live on the border of Siberia in Mongolia.  

I complement them on their rebellion. There aren’t a hell of a lot of them, so maybe meat grinding is not a hobby in which they wish to participate.

Edited by Gatorubet
Popeye grammar corrected
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Moldova doesn't have the firepower to kick them out. 

Apparently the naming of the former defense minister is meant to send a message and a harder line against Russia. He's from the same political party and they enjoy a substantial majority in their parliament. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 11:23 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

Sounds right. The vagaries of coalition and parliamentary politics means that this can happen, it can be very hard to know what the real position of a given state is. 

It can be difficult when you have more than one foreign policy objective, and multiple negotiators.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Yeah I feel like if RU is able to throw enough bodies at this to turn the tide and starts moving West, the Poles are going to have to jump in. Putin has made clear he's not stopping at UKR. The Poles know they're next, they've probably decided to put an end to this before their villages start getting wiped off the map.

Just as soon as Russia takes Bakhmut, watch out Warsaw! I hope somebody stops them before they get to Paris!

12 minutes ago, texastough said:

Just as soon as Russia takes Bakhmut, watch out Warsaw! I hope somebody stops them before they get to Paris!

I've got you down at 0%.

Anyone else want to throw our a percentage likelihood NATO troops or troops from a NATO country enter this war?

17 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I've got you down at 0%.

Anyone else want to throw our a percentage likelihood NATO troops or troops from a NATO country enter this war?

Put me down for a goose egg too. Granted the poles may need to be held back, but barring an attack on NATO territory I don't see boots on the ground.

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

You've got it backwards. 

Ukraine has been flooded with operators from all nato nations since 2014.

24 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

You've got it backwards. 

Correct. I sat next to a U.S. army officer in business on the way home from Amsterdam. I was headed home from work in Kazakhstan. He was headed home from Ukraine. We got to talking over quite a few scotches and our shared experiences in former Soviet bloc countries.  Bottom line is We have had a healthy contingent there for some time advising and training. 

Edited by Johnny Chimpo
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

You've got it backwards. 

6 minutes ago, Johnny Chimpo said:

Correct. I sat next to a U.S. army officer in business on the way home from Amsterdam. I was headed home from work in Kazakhstan. He was headed home from Ukraine. We got to talking over quite a few scotches and our shared experiences in former Soviet bloc countries.  Bottom line is We have had a healthy contingent there for some time advising and training. 

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant troops on the ground killing Russians and being killed by Russians.

Not advisors and trainers, but troops on the frontline.

• Hook 'Em 1