Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

8 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I could be wrong, but that trainload of T-34s looked shopped to me.  I mean, they would be grapes on the battlefield, and I'd love for the Russkies to send them up as cannon fodder and mine clearing vehicles, but that would be scraping through the bottom of the barrel and into the dirt.

That's entirely possible.  I did absolutely no verification at all, I just thought it was funny.  That having been said, as ridiculous of a concept as that it is that they would deploy these, I can't entirely discount it.  They do some dumb shit.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Talking about how targeting is done and how the American model works extremely well because decisions and intel are pushed to smaller units - units can use all of the assets in their area of operations, and brigades can talk to aircraft carriers, battalions to aircraft, etc. and how Ukraine followed suit, but Russia is still stuck with the problem of a massive chain-of-command.  This was discussed elsewhere - the Russians can literally have an artillery battery a mile away from an infantry battalion, but that battalion can't call upon that artillery battery without appropriate approval up and down the chain.

• Hook 'Em 3

I've been suspecting for a while that M1A1 was always about long term security for Ukraine and not specifically for this conflict.  Announcing older models doesn't really change that calculus considering that they are still months and months away.  I think the Ukrainians have this summer to win this thing (and they will), and then those get there for long term security purposes.  I think the announcement has long had to do with signaling to Moscow that western long term security is coming and here to stay in Ukrainie.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Putin has to know he can't win without Wagner, right?

While Wagner became a significant force in Ukraine in 2022 and early 2023, it isn't historically a large outfit. Prior to drafting a bunch of prisoners, Wagner was on the order of 5,000 troops (and usually significantly less that that).  And, since Wagner's equipment and new recruits were largely being funded or facilitated by the Russian MoD, this just means shifting resources around to either another PMC or to the regular military. 

• Hook 'Em 5

15 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I could be wrong, but that trainload of T-34s looked shopped to me.  I mean, they would be grapes on the battlefield, and I'd love for the Russkies to send them up as cannon fodder and mine clearing vehicles, but that would be scraping through the bottom of the barrel and into the dirt.

That video (to me) looks very much like footage of parade and film prop vehicles that had been dragged out for celebrations and movies. They do keep some running for those purposes. I don’t believe for a minute they’re sending T-34s to Ukraine to fight. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Holy fuck this speech. I can only make out a few words here and there, but it don't matter. She speaks with passion (subtitled).

You might want to turn it down while still keeping the volume on.

You ain't been yelled at till you've been yelled at in a romance language.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 2

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You ain't been yelled at till you've been yelled at in a romance language.

Man, I've spent 50 years of my life in Texas and 1 in France but have never been cursed at like that by a woman in either Spanish or French. Not sure where I went wrong, but I'm willing to learn because sexy reasons.

Edit: French cursing doesn't roll off the tongue in such a rapid fire tat-tat-tat like that anyway, so I guess I'll just have to go find a woman to piss off closer to home.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Here comes the shitmobile

Yeah, confirming this as fun to think about but not real.  Those tanks came by rail a few years ago from Laos to be used in parades and as props. Freeze the video and you can see the markings are identical to the ones in this news ru from a few years ago. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46953372.amp

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Man, I've spent 50 years of my life in Texas and 1 in France but have never been cursed at like that by a woman in either Spanish or French. Not sure where I went wrong, but I'm willing to learn because sexy reasons.

Edit: French cursing doesn't roll off the tongue in such a rapid fire tat-tat-tat like that anyway, so I guess I'll just have to go find a woman to piss off closer to home.

Lucky for you, Texas has a ready supply of short-tempered latinas ready to give you the what-for.  Trust me on that.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

^I've seen ISW post about this, but I haven't seen a lot of other stuff about it yet.

That would seemingly be crazy for the Russians to withdraw, as it would give a bridge head across the Dnieper River at the dam into southern Kherson oblast.  That having been said, I have seen this mentioned a few times elsewhere.  At least for now, if they have done that, I'd have to think it's some sort of trap to lure the Ukrainians in and shell the shit out them.  

• Hook 'Em 2