Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

That video (to me) looks very much like footage of parade and film prop vehicles that had been dragged out for celebrations and movies. They do keep some running for those purposes. I don’t believe for a minute they’re sending T-34s to Ukraine to fight. 

It'd be a lot cooler if they did....

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yeah, confirming this as fun to think about but not real.  Those tanks came by rail a few years ago from Laos to be used in parades and as props. Freeze the video and you can see the markings are identical to the ones in this news ru from a few years ago. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46953372.amp

/obligatory

934f6a23-accidents-tank-falls-off-platfo

Edited by Chad Fuck
derp
  • Haha 2

The shareable link:

Ukraine is facing challenges in raising the troops it needs to eject Russian forces from its territory
https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-year-into-war-ukraine-faces-challenges-mobilizing-troops-64dcdc49?st=7yn18n5xffqa8a7&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

I keep feeling that if Ukraine doesn’t “win” this year, it’s going to be settling for new borders. 

yes, Russia will be a pariah for a long time, but if Ukraine really wants a fresh start, it needs major progress this spring and summer

5 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Sounds like he's being sent away from the Royal Court.  

4 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Putin has to know he can't win without Wagner, right?

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

There's more resources he can more easily steal in Africa. A true Patriot!

Could be that Wagner has been completely exhausted, and is back down numbers-wise to where it was before 2022, especially since the convicts from last fall are finishing up their 6 month "tours" and going home.  Wagner would have to probably recruit against the Russian MOD.  It's more profitable for them to go hit up some poor nations in Africa.

And yeah, Putin maybe sending him away as well.

45 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

1. Can he win WITH them?

2. There's lots of things Putin doesn't know, or else he'd retreat the fuck out of Ukraine.

my body is ready

Rasputista normally ends around the first week of May, however, it has been a warm year in Ukraine, perhaps the dry period will come a couple of weeks early?  I think we are at least a couple of weeks away from something major, but I'd love to be proven wrong.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

By the way, the Ukrainians didn't send 3900 guys to learn how to operate 50 Bradleys and 80 Strykers.  Even if you assume that the sent have for logistics and what not (think mechanics) they didn't send infantry to learn these.  My guess is that the real number of Bradleys and Strykers in country right now are significantly higher, something more on the lines of 500 Bradleys and 300 or 400 Stykers.  Additionally, I'd bet there are enough TOW missiles to clear the field of Russian tanks and artillery entirely also in country.  There are rumors of a massed force or forces east of Dnipro with nearly 400k Ukrainians, and I can only presume it's these forces.  Where they are going and when is a anyone's guess, but given what is being reported and stated, I suspect this counter attack isn't going to be some little putter, it's going to be massive, devastating, and quickly maneuvered to take large swaths of territory back.  

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer on this thread, but I’m sure the Russians have their own surveillance planes, and can see where the buildup is, and where the counteroffensive will come from.

What’s to stop the orcs from building up forces where the attack is anticipated to come?

21 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer on this thread, but I’m sure the Russians have their own surveillance planes, and can see where the buildup is, and where the counteroffensive will come from.

What’s to stop the orcs from building up forces where the attack is anticipated to come?

I don't think the Ukrainians are counting on surprise, they are hunting for weak spots and weak units, and then hitting as hard as possible with their best troops. Over the last week they have been probing the Southern front for weakness and I think they will eventually make a push towards Melitopol/Azov coast and try to cut communication from Russia to Crimea. Then they hit the Kerch bridge again and cut the fresh water supply to Crimea. Then the Russian will truly be fucked and things get real serious real fast.

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, Rimbo said:

catchy tune

My favorite performance of that song, which has Slovak-Polish-Ukrainian versions:

And the English lyrics. Perfection for this:

For better or worse, you will be mine

I will heal your wounds with you

In the sun and in the cold, you are my homeland 

Hey, falcons! From a height, survey all that was ours! Cry out, cry out over the countryside!  Soar in summer and winter

Love of mine, my dear home

We were young men here

One day you will fine me under this clay

And the birds will fly over the land

Hey, falcons!…..

Here, at the place where there is black water

A Cossack sat on his horse 

The young maiden is crying 

Because the Cossack is leaving Ukraine

Hey, falcons!……

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Superhero said:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

It’s going to be interesting to watch the long-term effect of the Russian defense industry’s struggle to meet obligations. The nations that have the budget, need, and desire to buy these things are all doing so to counter China in the Indo-Pacific. 

Russia’s been a preferred partner due to historic affinities, their willingness to sell cheap and to anyone, and to caginess about buying from us. Buying Russian doesn’t affront China, the Russians don’t block things in Congress over human rights and corruption, and you’re not dependent on the U.S. 

They can’t buy from China. In theory this opens the door up to us, but it also does for Europeans and emerging defense players like South Korea and Turkey. 

• Hook 'Em 6