Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

12 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Did you think I said, "Erdogan"?

Also, been to Turkey and I'd say for someone into ancient history, there's plenty of fun stuff on the Asian side.  When I went, all the fun stuff on the EU side was shut down because of Covid.  On the other hand, that provided me with an opportunity to spend about 30-45 minutes in the Hagia Sophia with just me, my guide, and about three cleaning guys.  Basically had the place to myself.

/csb

Dear Penthouse Forum;

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

OK I admit that I have too much time to geek out on stuff like this. But this video is really a great view because it covers a lot of interesting topics relating to a number of aspects of the war in Ukraine, kit wise.  It also includes reviews of all the main battle tanks we talk about and just gives a lot of information that I was not aware of until I saw the video.

It also removed my doubts, although I had very few, that there is zero fucking zero way that Russia will win this thing.  A negative is that there are several so-called humorous, intermissions that you have to get through, and if you don’t skip from 1:30 all the way to 7:00 minutes, you will come back here and curse me.

But once you begin you will learn not only why the armata tank is a bullshit pipe dream that will never see the battlefield, but also know about the various T- (fill in number) tanks.  The Armata is a greater cluster fuck than I imagined.  You will also understand the genesis of the huge refueling problem Russia has - independent from hiMars blowing up their fuel dumps.  

If I had to do it again, I would watch it in 15 minute intervals.   But still, the load of information that is relevant to what is going on that I did not know was well worth the time spent.

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 7

On 3/28/2023 at 4:17 AM, SL Xpress said:

50 second video of Ukrainian sniper taking out Russian troops one by one:

Skin against skin, blood and bone
You're all by yourself but you're not alone
You wanted in and now you're here
Driven by hate, consumed by fear
Let the bodies hit the floor
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

OK I admit that I have too much time to geek out on stuff like this. But this video is really a great view because it covers a lot of interesting topics relating to a number of aspects of the war in Ukraine, kit wise.  It also includes reviews of all the main battle tanks we talk about and just gives a lot of information that I was not aware of until I saw the video.

It also removed my doubts, although I had very few, that there is zero fucking zero way that Russia will win this thing.  A negative is that there are several so-called humorous, intermissions that you have to get through, and if you don’t skip from 1:30 all the way to 7:00 minutes, you will come back here and curse me.

But once you begin you will learn not only why the armata tank is a bullshit pipe dream that will never see the battlefield, but also know about the various T- (fill in number) tanks.  The Armata is a greater cluster fuck than I imagined.  You will also understand the genesis of the huge refueling problem Russia has - independent from hiMars blowing up their fuel dumps.  

If I had to do it again, I would watch it in 15 minute intervals.   But still, the load of information that is relevant to what is going on that I did not know was well worth the time spent.

This was quite good and entertaining. Now the commercials sucked. But you did warn us. 

Thanks for sharing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, MillerEP said:

^How great would it be if he's arrested then :D

I wonder if someone could do a quick social media blitz with a bunch of rumors that he was arrested, even if it's all bullshit. All these Russian politicians and oligarchs who are just waiting for their moment to pounce might just try to make a move. 

2 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I'm sure many of you follow Zeihan but for those who dont, here he is today on Turkeys plan for the future and Russia

He's in an ongoing competition with himself to shoot these from the most obscure places. 

• Like 2

That imprisoned journalist published a long-read article on how Russia’s economy is collapsing the day before his arrest. I won’t post it all here even with spoilers.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russias-economy-is-starting-to-come-undone-431a2878

It was management malpractice for the WSJ to leave a U.S. citizen there in this environment. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Dear Penthouse Forum;

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

…for history nerds

Enjoy this while it lasts:

https://archive.org/search?query=penthouse+forum

Brewster Kahle has picked a dumb fucking hill to die on with his fight against the publishers, and he's liable to get the entirety of the Internet Archive taken down, but that's for another thread.  Fucking asshole is going to get an amazing resource wrecked because he wants to tilt at windmills.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Brewster Kahle has picked a dumb fucking hill to die on with his fight against the publishers, and he's liable to get the entirety of the Internet Archive taken down, but that's for another thread.  Fucking asshole is going to get an amazing resource wrecked because he wants to tilt at windmills.

Here's my story of the Internet Archive being taken down:

"I never thought this would happen to me..... "

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Cross posting from the dedicated journalist thread:

I will also bet that this is closely linked to this story. Russia will ask us to drop an extradition request and pressure Brazil to let this guy go back to Russia. Russia is big on signaling and mirroring and the “unofficial spy” allegations are a method of telling Washington what they want without ever saying a word directly.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/26/us-indicts-alleged-russian-spy-sergey-cherkasov-who-tried-to-infiltrate-icc-in-the-hague

Our guy got arrested a few days after that indictment was made public. 

• Hook 'Em 3

35 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

thumbs-thumbs-up-kid.gif

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Cross posting from the dedicated journalist thread:

I will also bet that this is closely linked to this story. Russia will ask us to drop an extradition request and pressure Brazil to let this guy go back to Russia. Russia is big on signaling and mirroring and the “unofficial spy” allegations are a method of telling Washington what they want without ever saying a word directly.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/26/us-indicts-alleged-russian-spy-sergey-cherkasov-who-tried-to-infiltrate-icc-in-the-hague

Our guy got arrested a few days after that indictment was made public. 

Makes sense.