Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

6 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Then you should clarify your post because it clearly is directed at Americans generally and not just those living abroad. 

It’s not directed at Americans at all, it’s directed at the far-left anti-Americans that are still influential in Europe and who do things like organize protests against NATO deployments. 

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Do you think the Russian “army” will capture and kill Zelenskyy and his cabinet (those that are staying behind?) holding back tears this morning thinking of all the brave people fighting and there is not a fucking thing I can do about it. I think about their families and especially their littles ughhh…

I don’t know at all what to think. They have allegedly offered negotiations in Minsk— absurd as it’s a country taking part in the invasion. 

I think they really want him to sign a surrender document, resign, then have him leave the country. That would be their ideal scenario— it would be far more morale breaking than killing him, which would provoke Ukrainians to fight harder. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, 52-80 said:

The sentiment seems to be that Russia will capitulate, due to hitherto (surprisingly) ineffective push into Ukraine.  Is this false hope? 

Yes, they are in Kyiv and will take the city. They do have plenty of egg on their face for poor performance and there might be a resistance that starts up. However, Kyiv will fall according to all the experts.

• Hook 'Em 2

The sentiment seems to be that Russia will capitulate, due to hitherto (surprisingly) ineffective push into Ukraine.  Is this false hope? 

I’m no expert but at this time I think that is just sentiment, encouraged by stories like Snake Island and the fact that this seems to be taking longer than Pootin expected. I don’t think we can know yet. I’ve see a few different experts say that today is going to be worse for Ukraine than yesterday, but if they can hold out and get some help they could have a chance.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I don’t know at all what to think. They have allegedly offered negotiations in Minsk— absurd as it’s a country taking part in the invasion. 

I think they really want him to sign a surrender document, resign, then have him leave the country. That would be their ideal scenario— it would be far more morale breaking than killing him, which would provoke Ukrainians to fight harder. 

He said he’s not leaving and I’ve seen on different channels various member of his cabinet interviewed throughout the night and this morning and most headed back to the capital so to speak. Said if their people are fighting and losing their lives they can’t flee. Knowing they have a price on their heads. I absolutely respect this but it terrifies me for them and their families. My uncle and his friends (my uncle has been to Russia dozens of times and wrote his dissertation for his PhD at UT about Russia and he and his friends—Russian expats seem to think Putin would think nothing of capturing them and having them executed on live tv type deal)…and our/NATO’s response would be? 🥺🥺🥺

26 minutes ago, Shady Ray said:

I doubt this has made the English news before, but it is a fact that the Bundeswehr has to rent helicopters from the ADAC because it doesn't have enough.

What is the ADAC, you might ask?

The German version of:

spacer.png

Yep, and also a pretty stark demonstration of how legitimate announcements of moves to EU strategic autonomy are.  The Germans can’t defend Germany— NATO isn’t irrelevant for a long time now on the continent. This type of stuff won’t get picked up in the U.S. but it’s well known on the continent. 

Options on table:

SWIFT

Other sanctions not as severe as SWIFT

Hope one of the oligarchs (whose assets are frozen) gets pissed off and puts a hit out on Putin

Hope Ukraine can hold the Russians off

WW3

Kill Putin ourselves with Help from our allies

Do nothing more than collectively we are doing now and just make Russia a pariah in the world

ughhhh

Sanctions seem toothless to some extent. Gazprom isn’t allowed to seek western financing but Germany is paying Gazprom for natural gas. That feels like if we placed sanctions on HEB but only that they can’t accept Amex payments.

edit: assuming HEB is open in the first place.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s not directed at Americans at all, it’s directed at the far-left anti-Americans that are still influential in Europe and who do things like organize protests against NATO deployments. 

Ah, you are quite right. Apologies. It’s still early for me over here. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Options on table:

SWIFT

Other sanctions not as severe as SWIFT

Hope one of the oligarchs (whose assets are frozen) gets pissed off and puts a hit out on Putin

Hope Ukraine can hold the Russians off

WW3

Kill Putin ourselves with Help from our allies

Do nothing more than collectively we are doing now and just make Russia a pariah in the world

ughhhh

You missed: Russians killing Ukrainian president, installing new government, and then leaving while claiming victory 

• Rage+1 1

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

There are verified photos of the aftermath of the shelling a kindergarten called “Solenshka” in Okhtyrka. I won’t post them and don’t recommend anyone going to look at them.  Every elected leader across Europe and the U.S. should have to look at them before going to work. 

Indeed. This bullshit about "Russia is paying a 15% premium on global loans" is horseshit. CUT OFF THEIR MONEY SUPPLY COMPLETELY. 

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Today I’m completely grossed out by the entirety of the Western response.  Seriously weak sauce all around. Who gives a fuck if Russia purges Ukraine as long as we can keep F250s in cheap gas.

European energy policy has been head-bangingly retarded.

The idea that Putin will stop with Ukraine is laughable. He will next build up his forces on the border of whichever former Soviet NATO member he deems most vulnerable and start alleging corruption atrocities etc and then move in and again threaten nukes if NATO responds. We need to encourage Finland to get belligerent and help them behind the scenes 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I feel largely the same about all the oligarch talk. Those people have worldwide financial networks and will get their corrupt pockets lined by China or whoever. The people who really need to feel the squeeze, and hard, are everyday Russians. Make them feel it and make them notice how few of their kids are coming back from Ukraine (coffins or not). This is an unpopular war already, time to turn up the heat.

The average Russian is already squeezed pretty flat. Russian people are practically suffer proof. If cracks started to form in Putins power hold over the country, shit would explode like a pipe bomb tho

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

That tank or APC running over the obviously civilian car is infuriating.

I think it was the General, Hertling? that predicted the Russians will engage in atrocities.

Rubio tweeted it too, but less specifically.  The longer this goes the more pressure from Putain on his military and since shit rolls downhill, down to the shitty NCOs.  

There are likely going to be isolated ones until the ROE changes and then look out.

• Rage+1 1

so looks like overnight (US time) shit got real?  Zelensky says let's talk, Russia agrees?  talks happening?  another "Go Fuck Yourself" moment or is this the beginning of the end?  reports still saying it's most costly than Russia wanted, but 2 days to a negotiating table isn't that long, maybe the fact that Russia is even willing to talk is a win for the Z-ster?

3 minutes ago, troph said:

so looks like overnight (US time) shit got real?  Zelensky says let's talk, Russia agrees?  talks happening?  another "Go Fuck Yourself" moment or is this the beginning of the end?  reports still saying it's most costly than Russia wanted, but 2 days to a negotiating table isn't that long, maybe the fact that Russia is even willing to talk is a win for the Z-ster?

Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, troph said:

Russia’s agreement is not a real offer.  It is “surrender then we talk terms after. Also, you’ll be a hostage during the talks.”

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

This really makes me wonder about our system of governments in the west.  Fundamentally we are terrible at getting it together until someone steps across a line which obviously hasn’t been reached yet.  

9/11 obviously comes to mind, as does Iraq in the opposite way.  But we are handing the playbook on how to take Taiwan to China.  Not intending to take this thread down that road, just thinking through some fundamental shortcomings in our responses to a really terrible human doing exactly what we knew he was going to do.  He’s just doing it out in the open.

Paralysis of idealism.  “Some men, you just can’t reach…” 

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That tank or APC running over the obviously civilian car is infuriating.

I think it was the General, Hertling? that predicted the Russians will engage in atrocities.

didnt even know tankers were that agile.  thought they were big lumbering things but fucker turned on a dime

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй