Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

58 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No idea whether that Twitter thread is accurate or not, but it’s easy to believe that young Russian men, with less than 1 year in the military, don’t want to be in Ukraine.

Unless vacationing on the Black Sea.

41 minutes ago, Shady Ray said:

There is a terrible habit of escalating incompetence Western Europe.

I can boil this down in one example:

We are talking now about how inept and pathetic the Bundeswehr is. Of course, that cannot be attributable to one specific politician, as it has been a succession of weak leaders who have escalated complete incompetents to positions of power in the Defense Ministry due to their own domestic political games (looking right at you, Angie Merkel). However, in the sorry list of shitty heads of the Ministry of Defense, there is one who stands head and shoulders above the rest. She was soooooo bad at the job, and took soooooo much ridicule by the German people (who generally don't give a fuck about the Bundeswehr anyway) that there was no place for Angie to put this woman in the Government when Angie got to the end of her term. Even the military was openly blasting their own Defense Chief.

But Angie needed to escalate into the Secretary of Defense role the woman who, at the time, Angie thought would be her heir. A woman named Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer. So, in order to make room for this move, Angie had to move this laughingstock out. So she used her power to install her elsewhere.

Who was this pathetic Defense Minister... and where was she installed, you might ask?

Reveal hidden contents

1389662677_ScreenShot2022-02-25at2_12_24PM.thumb.png.929036bc63ae777d95b3008305f4e62c.png

She's the one running the EU.

I think she thought big bad Russia was in the rear view and everything would be resolved diplomatically. The only force she needed was the token stuff to assist us in the Middle East so she could check the box. We had a couple of Germans at a viasat conference. They talked about being way being on link-16 deployment and talked about their gum and bandaid budget. It’s one of those ugly realities that if shit really did go down in the EU, NATO would struggle to coordinate at the level the US is used to because everyone else is still a gen behind at best.

35 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Sanctions seem toothless to some extent. Gazprom isn’t allowed to seek western financing but Germany is paying Gazprom for natural gas. That feels like if we placed sanctions on HEB but only that they can’t accept Amex payments.

edit: assuming HEB is open in the first place.

You just described Costco.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, utee94 said:

It's infuriating.  I keep hearing our American politicians talking about how they are focusing on keeping gas prices as low as possible for Americans.  I'm just shaking my head.  That's their priority.  It's mind-numbing.

That's because they know a massive amount of Americans will be bankrupt in less than a month if certain things like gas and food gets too expensive. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

That's because they know a massive amount of Americans will be bankrupt in less than a month if certain things like gas and food gets too expensive. 

And for Americans that can survive higher prices, many of them would be unwilling to sacrifice for America much less Ukraine.

The Reuters article about Ukraine ready to sue for peace is disappointing.  This thing gonna end in 1 fucking day with Putin getting everything he wants (Ukrainian recognition of the “independent” territories, Ukrainian leadership resigning, formal rejection of NATO membership by Ukraine, and installation of a puppet govt.)?

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Another piece of shit to eat— all these new visa bans on Russians? Yeah, the really loaded folks with villas in Greece, yachts in the southern med, etc.— they either have residence permits or a Golden Maltese passport and this doesn’t affect them. 

But yes, making sure babushka from Voronezh can’t come see her daughter who married a Dutch and is raising grandkids— that will get Putin’s goat. 

I thought there was talk about not honoring those on the mainland Europe?

Just now, SimonBolivar said:

Ukraine would have no real way of knowing how many Russians were dead as they're on the run and losing territory. I do think they are putting up some major casualty numbers on the Russians though.

Yep, no one will probably ever know their losses. Closest we’ll probably get is the Ukrainians billing the Russians for each of their solder bodies that had to burn

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No idea whether that Twitter thread is accurate or not, but it’s easy to believe that young Russian men, with less than 1 year in the military, don’t want to be in Ukraine.

There are videos of them saying their shocked they had to shoot their guns. 

42 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

The idea that Putin will stop with Ukraine is laughable. He will next build up his forces on the border of whichever former Soviet NATO member he deems most vulnerable and start alleging corruption atrocities etc and then move in and again threaten nukes if NATO responds. We need to encourage Finland to get belligerent and help them behind the scenes 

Battlefield nukes, much different animal than 1980s ICBM threats. I spent half the day freaked out over this and looked into it and asked the smarties here about it and it’s not even close to the same threat. Thank god.

Edited by troph

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

And for Americans that can survive higher prices, many of them would be unwilling to sacrifice for America much less Ukraine.

18 minutes ago, utee94 said:

It's infuriating.  I keep hearing our American politicians talking about how they are focusing on keeping gas prices as low as possible for Americans.  I'm just shaking my head.  That's their priority.  It's mind-numbing.

Our entire society is built to increase shareholder value. That's all that matters in America. None of our actions wrt/ Russian consequences are surprising, those poor businesses posting record profits through the pandemic really can't be expected to tighten the belt and pay more for energy or more for labor.

I will be fucking shocked once we start doing the right thing.

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Mom on BBC world news interviewed she has an AK and says she for damn sure is using it to protect her family - has a 9 month old. Basically said fuck Russia and fuck the West for all their talk and no action.  Ukrainians are going to put their occupiers shit on blast. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

20 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I think she thought big bad Russia was in the rear view and everything would be resolved diplomatically. The only force she needed was the token stuff to assist us in the Middle East so she could check the box. We had a couple of Germans at a viasat conference. They talked about being way being on link-16 deployment and talked about their gum and bandaid budget. It’s one of those ugly realities that if shit really did go down in the EU, NATO would struggle to coordinate at the level the US is used to because everyone else is still a gen behind at best.

Let's be honest. If shit goes down in the EU everyone will expect the US to resolve it. 

All while their population shits on us on reddit. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 minute ago, StruggleBus said:

Let's be honest. If shit goes down in the EU everyone will expect the US to resolve it. 

All while their population shits on us on reddit. 

We decided to take on special obligations after WW2 and I don't have a problem with that. Also plenty of EU and British soldiers have fought/would fight along with us. I understand your frustration with the current situation though and feel the same. Especially on things like luxury goods.

1 minute ago, phdhorn said:

I wonder if we can just send her over, stick her in a Kiev square, let her run her piehole,  and she can drive the Russians crazy and they'll just leave.

Has she even been to the beaches of Odesa? Lots of Commies have fond memories of their time there.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Parliament said:

Yeah how many of those people will drop their mags and clear the chamber if the Ukranian government surrenders?

saw somewhere (here?) that the guns out there will be a problem in the future, but either the gov't can deal with it later or if the Russians "win" then who gives a fuck.

Who knows but if Russians have to start fighting street-by-street in Kyiv, they're in for a long fight. It must be relatively easy to roll through small towns or villages but a city of almost 3m is different. 

I also have to believe that the reluctant Russian soldier is going to find ways to avoid battle. They probably don't want to be in the Russian military in the first place much less face people shooting at them.

30 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

The Reuters article about Ukraine ready to sue for peace is disappointing.  This thing gonna end in 1 fucking day with Putin getting everything he wants (Ukrainian recognition of the “independent” territories, Ukrainian leadership resigning, formal rejection of NATO membership by Ukraine, and installation of a puppet govt.)?

That will show Putin what tough is. No way he would do this shit again.

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй