Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I just woke up and had some sex! Phenomenal sex! What has happened in the last few hours? My mind is mush like always and would appreciate a quick update from y’all. I consider most of you my peeps. 

Good for you. Should I assume he/she/it(inanimate object) reads Surly?

• Hook 'Em 1

From what I’ve been reading the Central Bank stuff hits him harder. He doesn’t / won’t have access to the $650 billion or so he has there. Is that still accurate?

German talking head this morning said that 30% of those reserves are in gold and that last reports (about 6 months ago) showed exposure to sanctions on Russian Central Bank to be about 40% of total reserves. Commentator said that had likely gotten much smaller over the last 6 months though. Estimate from the expert was current exposure less than 20% of the 650B.

Not sure about all that, as I’m bad at economics and worse at maf, but that’s what the dude said.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I realize taking out the leader of a country is OOB but if he’s got some mental issue (likely cancer or something similar that is impacting his brain) isn’t it incumbent on the world to take his ass out? If he’s not the asshole he was a few years ago and now not even dealing with a full deck, surely we can do that? 

Just now, Longhorn5005 said:

I'm glad the Ukranian President is still talking to world leaders, I do hope he actually is still alive.

He is. I have to believe that. I’ve seen no evidence he is not. He’s stance is the main reason why the world is now responding to the invasion in this way. 

32 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Now this is a crock of shit. There is no way he’s firing off nukes on western countries for sanctions. It’s posturing. I could see him doing it on some level if Western countries crossed the border into Ukraine. 

It’s also a sign of things going very wrong for him in this conflict. 

Yeah, that is a complete desperation move, bluff or not.

And, he's being so erratic that there has to be some group over there, generals, someone, that is considering taking him out.  Just has to be.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

And, he's being so erratic that there has to be some group over there, generals, someone, that is considering taking him out.  Just has to be.

Why cannot we just take him out then? Or pay someone else to do that? 

24 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

The emperor has no clothes, but the asshole still has nukes and the peasants are laughing at him, wondering why they ever feared him.  This is a critical time where any small thing could tip this from being a local conflict to WW3.

I am curious, who here has children of an age to be drafted if this were to turn into WW3?  My oldest is 13, but I have some nieces and nephews who would be of an age to be called.  I can’t imagine them going to war.  They just aren’t equipped to be soldiers on a psychological level.

Here is to that being unnecessary.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Watch the generals in the video, particularly the one on the right. There’s definitely discontent in their ranks, especially when combined with some of the stunning videos last week of Putin lambasting one of his spy officials. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

My oldest is 13, but I have some nieces and nephews who would be of an age to be called.  I can’t imagine them going to war.  They just aren’t equipped to be soldiers on a psychological level.

Neither are some adults

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I realize taking out the leader of a country is OOB but if he’s got some mental issue (likely cancer or something similar that is impacting his brain) isn’t it incumbent on the world to take his ass out? If he’s not the asshole he was a few years ago and now not even dealing with a full deck, surely we can do that? 

The US doesn’t assassinate legit country leaders anymore. Hard line on that. 

if they are stripped of their title and  designated “terrorists” however…

• Hook 'Em 4

The emperor has no clothes, but the asshole still has nukes and the peasants are laughing at him, wondering why they ever feared him.  This is a critical time where any small thing could tip this from being a local conflict to WW3.
I am curious, who here has children of an age to be drafted if this were to turn into WW3?  My oldest is 13, but I have some nieces and nephews who would be of an age to be called.  I can’t imagine them going to war.  They just aren’t equipped to be soldiers on a psychological level.
Here is to that being unnecessary.

It’ll skip WW3 and go straight to nuclear annihilation. Putin can’t handle Ukraine. He’s not going to attempt to fight 20+ countries. Prison and death are his only two options now.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I’m struck by how little credence you can place on ANY info right now…”unconfirmed reports out of…”

I’d wager less than 10% of everything being passed around as truth has any merit to it.

Something to note is RU isn't putting out any film for RU success.

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Why cannot we just take him out then? Or pay someone else to do that? 

Someone didn’t pay attention in gov 101.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_12333

If major powers started assassinating gov’t leadership it’s a game that would get out of hand really quickly. Even for countries without a formal policy about it, they follow a handshake agreement so they can have a functional government that isn’t riding around in armored cars and having people taste their food. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

The US doesn’t assassinate legit country leaders anymore. Hard line on that. 

if they are stripped of their title and  designated “terrorists” however…

It’s also not smart to introduce a power grab in a country with world ending bombs.  I remember the immediate coup attempt at the fall of Soviet Union and people unclear who had power, including generals 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

I think some news agencies are taking the flamethrower name to its hyper conclusion.  It’s a devastating weapon, but so is a regular MLRS, and Russians have been throwing those at the Ukrainians since day one. 

Now that I have some coffee in my veins I’d like to follow up with this and say I’m looking forward to the spicy MLRS memes to come. 

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Didn’t NowThis disappear from surly? Along with JuniorMiller who seemed super ass backwards about his girlfriend?

Oh, I’m sure he’s around. It’s a shame, I liked NowThis. We all got our kinks, man.

Junior Miller moved to New Zealand and decided to go native and finger eleven the US, IIRC. Seems he should hold on that GF like grim death

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй