Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

I believe the USSR's economy was stronger pretty much at all times than Russia's has been since it fell.  Plus the nature of that system inherently put more resources into "defense." 
I think we were always rightly suspect of how good really were Soviet forces and weapons and I think that goes double or triple today because their economy is weaker and the kleptocracy form of government is less inherently able to support defense.
So, to the extent we're being shown that Russian forces are overrated, that's probably to be expected.  Unfortunately, I don't think we can take that completely for granted.

How to you replace the shit wrecked by the Ukrainians when your less-than-California-GDP economy is wrecked by sanctions?

You can’t.

Which leads to, after being pantsed by Ukraine and the world seeing that your Russian Military Giant Cock is really a micro-penis, how do you continue to make the West fear you?

You show you will eradicate civilians - and “look - I have nukes to go with my crazy no morals policies if you have a problem with that!”

I think they feel they have to go all Medieval to walk away with any kind of legit Western belief they can’t be fucked with. If you lose the fight people laugh at you. If you lose the fight and you slaughter your opponent’s family after, nobody will fuck with you even though you lost.

Dunno. Trying to think about the “why” here.

34 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Wonder if NATO could offer to hold them on humanitarian grounds? I mean otherwise how the fuck do you feed them when your supply lines are being cut?

Would be interesting for sure! 

The UN should come in at set up refugee camps for Russian POWs.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

For the love of Christ woman,  stop posting the same fucking thing every 20 mins just to make your neurotic self feel better.    

Bring something useful to the thread other than your inane babbling of your love for a person and a country you never fucking heard of 8 days ago.

Most of us want to see Russia on its ass, but we dont need a god damned cheerleader screaming the same shit over and over.

The Office Reaction GIF

If you hadn't done it, I was about to.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Isis was awful because they had very polarized, philosophical beliefs. They believed in their souls what they were doing was right even though it was misguided. 

This is just being a bitchmade pussy. It will be remembered for all time. 

way to fuck up putin, truly breathtaking.

I feel like that’s a complete miss on your part. If you don’t see anything ideological about this invasion you’re not looking very hard. 

25 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Might that have been a Ukrainian offensive hit on the thermabolic launcher?

That’s not how thermobaric, or fuel air bombs, work. Imagine being able to drop a BLEVE type explosion anywhere you want with a munition. 

A hit on the actual munition by a drone or something doesn’t allow for there to be a gas cloud with delayed ignition. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Dr Climax said:

Got to hand it to Nicole. She has survived two preemptive tactical nuke strikes. Her response was kept conventional and defensive only and she continues to fight. How does she survive this? If she were to fall does she resort to carpet bombing the thread with nudes as a last resort?

More like Dr. Strangeclimax, amirite?

Anyway, the following explanation may or may not be true.  Also other reports that it was from yesterday:

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Unfortunately, there are enough asshole nations in the world to buy his oil. I'm looking at you Mexico.

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

And there are always pirates or accidents depending on how serious one wishes to get.

Pretty sure Mexico is a net exporter of crude, they just have to import refined petroleum. 

2 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Pretty sure Mexico is a net exporter of crude, they just have to import refined petroleum. 

Right now Russia can trade with Iran ( I guess oil for oil?), Venezuela (again oil for oil), North Korea (counterfeit US currency for oil?)  and who else?

Just now, BamaATL said:

Right now Russia can trade with Iran ( I guess oil for oil?), Venezuela (again oil for oil), North Korea (counterfeit US currency for oil?)  and who else?

Probably India. Don't see them doing much with Africa anymore. They loved cheap Russian oil. 

1 minute ago, BamaATL said:

Probably College Station.   Sheep for sheep and lube for lube.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

I feel like that’s a complete miss on your part. If you don’t see anything ideological about this invasion you’re not looking very hard. 

Oh, I agree with that point. The difference is this is just the will of a lunatic leader commanding people who have no real stake in the war and who by most accounts don’t fucking even want to be there at all. It’s a vanity production for a narcissistic megalomaniac.
Those Russian soldiers are destroying religious temples sure, but the difference here is that some of the destroyers actually subscribe to the beliefs they represent. That’s a big yikes if I’m Putin.

if you killed a leader of Isis, another one would step up to fight the holy war. If Putin died of a heart attack today at 1:00pm this war would most likely be over at 1:10pm.

16 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

How to you replace the shit wrecked by the Ukrainians when your less-than-California-GDP economy is wrecked by sanctions?

You can’t.

Which leads to, after being pantsed by Ukraine and the world seeing that your Russian Military Giant Cock is really a micro-penis, how do you continue to make the West fear you?

You show you will eradicate civilians - and “look - I have nukes to go with my crazy no morals policies if you have a problem with that!”

I think they feel they have to go all Medieval to walk away with any kind of legit Western belief they can’t be fucked with. If you lose the fight people laugh at you. If you lose the fight and you slaughter your opponent’s family after, nobody will fuck with you even though you lost.

Dunno. Trying to think about the “why” here.

Their GDP is less than California, Texas, New York and a cunt hair bigger than Florida’s 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Lulz. Been posting on shaggy/surly for almost a decade…I’ll survive. 

From Zelenskyy’s former spokesperson:

1867585880_GoodIdeaBadIdea.gif.62e9b7c585b69d903da9f5a553112fd3.gif

Good Idea, Bad Idea.

Good Idea: This gets the EU involved and expands the war, except no one knows how far.

Bad Idea: This gets the EU involved and expands the war, except no one knows how far.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Probably India. Don't see them doing much with Africa anymore. They loved cheap Russian oil. 

India buys virtually all their arms from Russia and depends upon them for logistics, parts, and training.  They are not cutting ties anytime soon.  

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Thousands of these but for some reason this one got me:

FYI, pretty sure this is fake as fuck.

new account as of today (3/1/22.) follows 2 and 0 followers, 1 tweet ever. bio says he is a travel guide, not a taxi driver. unique username not used anywhere else indexed by google or yandex. picture used a bunch of dating websites per yandex.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Oh, I agree with that point. The difference is this is just the will of a lunatic leader commanding people who have no real stake in the war and who by most accounts don’t fucking even want to be there at all. It’s a vanity production for a narcissistic megalomaniac.
Those Russian soldiers are destroying religious temples sure, but the difference here is that some of the destroyers actually subscribe to the beliefs they represent. That’s a big yikes if I’m Putin.

if you killed a leader of Isis, another one would step up to fight the holy war. If Putin died of a heart attack today at 1:00pm this war would most likely be over at 1:10pm.

Makes complete sense. I misunderstood. 

I think with regards to oil we are overlooking the big picture and how Russia selling oil at a discount doesn't hurt Russias bottom line as hard as we think it does. We have to remember Russia has been selling oil at Pandemic prices for 2 years at 40 bucks.  Even if they take that haircut at 80.  They are still double at what they were selling at.  Someone will buy it and not give a fuck.

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

India buys virtually all their arms from Russia and depends upon them for logistics, parts, and training.  They are not cutting ties anytime soon.  

They might want to renegotiate that deal based on the quality of the logistics, parts and training.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, The Dog said:

If there is this kind of dissent in the ranks of the FSB (the modern day KGB) then shit is about to get real.

There was clearly dissension before the war. Putin publicly confronted and castrated his spy chief in front of the cameras. He then released it to the public.

He doesn't do that unless he is trying to suppress dissension. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I get I am behind, but that Ukrainian UN ambassador gives zero fucks.  I am sure Putin will take that as a threat or whatever, but that was fucking G.

What’s he going to do about it invade their country and indiscriminately bomb and slaughter innocent Ukrainians? Oh wait…

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

They might want to renegotiate that deal based on the quality of the logistics, parts and training.

For the price the gear is fine.  It's how it's utilized.  The Russian gear is working, just being worked by untrained morons and led by even worse