Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, 686 said:

Yep, I would posit that the same thing is going on in Ukraine right now. A guy goes to fight the Russians, gets some medals, comes back better for it, instead of going back to being a hoodlum, maybe he starts a construction biz and does well reconstructing his country. And then he can write off vacations and shit he buys for his wife as corporate expenses like we do here.

I don't think that was his point. He was responding to a chart that showed murder rates in the US declined during the war. Which shouldn't be a surprise since the largest demographic of people who are likely to commit murder were all overseas. Plus, all the dudes that weren't overseas were left here with an abundance of lonely women.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Parliament said:

I've wondered the same, and it's why I worry about them being pushed into the EU.  History can change on a dime.  Maybe this is the shock it took to get the Ukrainian people to make the change.   I hope so, and I agree that many in the west are projecting their hope.  Once Ukraine wins the war, it's still gonna be hard for them.  They'll get economic help from the West for sure, but they'll have a lot of work to do getting a government that works.

Would they even crack the top 5 shittiest EU countries?

The 503rd Detached Marine Battalion of the Armed Forces of Ukraine drops gifts from the sky on the occupiers.

Due to military shelling in the Kramatorsk district, a warehouse with ammonium nitrate was damaged. This was reported in the Slavic State Administration.

There is no immediate threat to the lives of residents. But the city authorities are asking to limit the stay in the open air and close the windows for a day.

• Hook 'Em 1

The story of a Russian prisoner. A Russian officer accidentally shot himself in his sleep at night. He was in the trench with a machine gun, he was afraid to drop his weapon, he went to bed, the machine gun did not put on the fuse, and as a result he shot himself while sleeping.

👀

4 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

I posted a few weeks ago about Patton, but just finished Killing Patton (i know I know Reilly), but Gatdamn Patton was right.  But for a war weary nation and political climate at home, and the Japan theater opening up full go, we should have pushed their shit in,  all the way back to Moscow.  The geo-political ramifications of letting Stahlin have so much influence and obstensibly ignoring Churchill in many discussions of how Europe was divided , I found to be fascinating.  Patton was a lot of things, most notably a grade A asshole, but he was right.

What were Patton's casualty estimates for a land war with Russia, culminating with a successful capture of Moscow?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Damn

This one gets more interesting. It was geolocated as being on M14 which is the main road between Russia and Mariupol, and supposedly 100km behind RU lines, near Novoazovs'k.  Speculations are IED, which IMO wouldn't be easy to plant on a main road, or SOF infiltrated with a Switchblade.

Hope it is the beginning of the calvary for Mariupol.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Drool 1

17 hours ago, Superhero said:

So serious question here - Prior to the Russian invasion, we heard a lot about how Ukraine was a corrupt country; and they struggled to take out Russian-backed insurgents, and gave up Crimea.

But after Russia invaded, all of the sudden they got their shit together and turned from Bruce Banner into the Hulk?

I stumbled into a bunch of memes, and this one explains it

FSeFTFzXwAA3QXm?format=jpg&name=medium

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

These started popping up - has Gerasimov been out of public view?

FSehqcyXIAA9oKf?format=jpg&name=medium

Gerasimov was reported to have been lightly wounded in the foot by the same artillery strike that killed 50 Russian officers, including the 1 "unknown" General .. where it seems like everyone in the intelligence service knows which General was killed, but they havent published the name because they are waiting for Russia to do it- so that Russia cant pull the " nuh  uh, hes still alive" shit they did with one of the other generals who died like 6 weeks ago, but Russia keeps claiming he's alive.

but with shitty healthcare, combined with his health maybe Gerasimov was more badly hurt than initial reporting said. maybe hes pulling a Heydrich*

another thing to consider, the Canadian volunteer Twitter account was very, very confident that they got 2 generals in that strike and hurt a 3rd.    maybe thats the case and Russia just wont admit it?

*Heydrich didnt die from his original attack in Prague, he was wounded by a grenade, that then became infected and 9 days later sepsis set in and bye bye nazi. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2