Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Pure rage on my end.
Sorry, if I was Ukrainian, I’d be killing Russians wherever I could. I understand terrorists - when a dramatically more powerful entity just bends you over and fucks you, you hit back wherever you can.
Would I be setting off bombs on the Moscow subway? I’d be trying.
Putin is a fuck. Russia is a shitshow. They don’t belong in Europe.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Parliament said:

You could say their real instability is demographic.  It's been posted a few times here that Russia is literally DYING.  Low fertility and zero immigration.  This is a last gasp for them.  Viewed that way they look even more dangerous.

ETA

I agree with BT.  If Putin sees NATO being soft on him re: his Ukrainian adventures, he might test a NATO member outright.  Go after...Hungary.  Doesn't matter who.  Rattle the saber, harass them and see what NATO does.  Worst case for him he gets his hand burnt.

Refer to the The Accidental Superpower for compelling detail on this point 

3 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

So a country on the UN security council can VETO sanctions against their own war actions? Seems smart.

They can veto it, but the individual members can still do it on their own.

They are making Russia own this, and making Russia publicly admit what they are doing.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It only gets worse. A warmonger is on the loose in Europe, and he’s not going to stop any time soon. We’re in for war in Europe for a long time to come. The dream of European peace is dead. And it will remain dead as long as there is a Russia. Russia is incompatible with a stable and functioning Europe. They are the ultimate cockroach - they can’t help but fall into and mess up everything.
We shouldn’t allow any commerce with any Russian business or individuals. Period.

32 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

…..and it has worked. The Russian people back this, and back Putin.
The only choices here are a military response or sanctions that forbid any and all participation by Russia in any global society.
No movement by anyone with a Russian passport, anywhere. No landing rights for Russian aircraft. Seize property of anyone connected to the regime. And more. Because western military action is w worse option.

Also….I’ve been at that airport. Weird to think of someplace I’ve been in recent memory being a battlefield now.

What a fucked up time we’re living in.

Both of these right here.

That was exactly my thought too. The parallels with early 20th century are nuts.

We’ve been following some of the worst scripts from the 20th century for several years now. We know how these go. Yet we’re going to keep following them, because this time, it will be different.
This only gets worse. A lot worse.

It only gets worse. A warmonger is on the loose in Europe, and he’s not going to stop any time soon. We’re in for war in Europe for a long time to come. The dream of European peace is dead. And it will remain dead as long as there is a Russia. Russia is incompatible with a stable and functioning Europe. They are the ultimate cockroach .

44eb065274e13a70738c607d8dfae734.gif
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ted Dantzler said:

Anyone ever sit back and realize how crazy it is that we are getting live updates and video of what is currently happening from all over the world in the middle of a thread on a UT Sports message board?

I remember when we invaded IRAQ in 2003 and it was basically just a couple of CNN journalists with some live footage of bombs falling in Baghdad. 

20 years later and a college sports message board is putting out 10x more content featuring people tuned into European politics and live feeds from the UN/Places in Ukraine getting shelled with updates on where the Russian troops are moving. 

Its a hell of a world we live in. 

Yeah, technology has gotten better ten fold but the human in us is still dumb enough to go to war over a piece of land.   I guess no matter how technology advanced our civilization gets our species stays the same.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Ted Dantzler said:

20 years later and a college sports message board is putting out 10x more content featuring people tuned into European politics and live feeds from the UN/Places in Ukraine getting shelled with updates on where the Russian troops are moving. 

What happens here… changes the world.

WE’RE TEXAS

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй