Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

6 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Sorry if I missed it, but Russia is about to be kicked off Swift aren’t they? We already pulled the pipeline card. 

Not yet, but it's gotta be in play.  Two weeks ago when he was just gonna take those eastern provinces, it was posited pulling Swift was off the table.  But now that they're taking down an entire nation...

Seems the World is sticking together on harsh sanctions.  In all practicality, that's the best we can do.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Parliament said:

Not yet, but it's gotta be in play.  Two weeks ago when he was just gonna take those eastern provinces, it was posited pulling Swift was off the table.  But now that they're taking down an entire nation...

Seems the World is sticking together on harsh sanctions.  In all practicality, that's the best we can do.

Yeah, I'm impressed the world is stepping up on this one.

Then again, Russia has a whole lot of enemies, both old and new, and Putin is hell-bent on reviving old grudges.

Would be awesome to see the Turks shut down the Straits.  Of course, if Russia then attacks them to open them back up, then article 5 is invoked, not awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not to be melodramatic, and I know its a weird thing to offer an internet stranger with a Baerbock kink on a college football board, but if God forbid shit did get dicey in a "worst case scenario" type situation, there's a safe place in Bavaria should anyone/anyone's family ever need it. We've got a weekend place in the far south of Bavaria that has plenty of room to ride things out in the worst case, and Texans should ultimately look out for other Texans in times of stress.

Gracias, hombre. And we were talking earlier, and pivoted his bugout plan - we have friends with the state dept in Frankfurt. That’s his destination should it become necessary.
Putin just started a wildfire. History tells us that these fires spread.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Not to be melodramatic, and I know its a weird thing to offer an internet stranger with a Baerbock kink on a college football board, but if God forbid shit did get dicey in a "worst case scenario" type situation, there's a safe place in Bavaria should anyone/anyone's family ever need it. We've got a weekend place in the far south of Bavaria that has plenty of room to ride things out in the worst case, and Texans should ultimately look out for other Texans in times of stress.

Good to know for when Russia invades Germany.

giphy.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1

Good to know for when Russia invades Germany.

giphy.gif

“It’s just the Sudetenland.”
“How could a piddly shooting in Sarajevo start anything?”
Fires in Europe spread. History doesn’t lie. Maybe it won’t this time. Hope that’s the case. But it would be fucking brain dead to not plan for the contingency of a larger conflict. You trust Putin to play it cool? I sure don’t.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Fires in Europe spread. History doesn’t lie. Maybe it won’t this time. Hope that’s the case. But it would be fucking brain dead to not plan for the contingency of a larger conflict. You trust Putin to play it cool? I sure don’t.

God I wish the old site was still up so I could drag my old thread into here and start pulling the greatest hits of naysayers when I was saying this about Crimea.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

If the EU & NATO can remain a unified bloc, the wildfire doesn't have to spread.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, bolverk said:

If the EU & NATO can remain a unified bloc, the wildfire doesn't have to spread.

One thing that comes to mind is that Putin has stated a desire to reform the territory of the USSR. Several of those nations are NATO members. 

If there's not a STRONG and united front opposing this action, I'd bet Putin is going to test just how much article 5 is worth

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I don’t trust Putin but he isn’t invading multiple NATO countries to get to Germany of all places.

Keep turning up the pressure on Putin. It is the right approach for now.

Also, it is hard to take your predictions seriously after you spent a week repeatedly saying Ukraine should consider blowing up Chernobyl.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Parliament said:

Just curious, what do we have for naval ships on the Black Sea right now?

Sixth Fleet frequently has ships there for training allies and wargaming.  But the current administration has not commented on their whereabouts, other than typical home ports in Italy.  The Black Sea gets awfully crowded awfully fast.  

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No one is invading Germany. Let's dial it back a little bit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If.

Finland and Sweden need to join up toot sweet.

I'm there with you and @Eastwood's comment about Crimea on the previous page. This whole situation only stresses WHY it's always been in our collective self-interests to support a strong relationship with a unified EU and support strong trans-Atlantic ties to our European allies. Otherwise, ultra-nationalists can piecemeal their way into fucking everything up.

Edited by bolverk
there their they're
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I don’t trust Putin but he isn’t invading multiple NATO countries to get to Germany of all places.

Keep turning up the pressure on Putin. It is the right approach for now.

Also, it is hard to take your predictions seriously after you spent a week repeatedly saying Ukraine should consider blowing up Chernobyl.

What would you have Ukraine do?
You truly don’t understand how shit gets when existence or extermination is on the line.

And invade Germany? No. Lob missiles and air strikes if they think Germany might be waking up and mobilizing? Entirely possible.
Stop thinking of Putin as being bound by any of the motives we have. Europe on fire is a huge win for him.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Russia just chose to be a pariah state.

I just don't see these "crippling sanctions" having any significant effect on Putin's ambitions.  So Russia no longer does business with the West (and we'll see if the West can wean itself from Russian oil - I have doubts)?  They have plenty of trading partners in China and the Middle East that will keep the cash flowing. 

And even if the citizens of the Rodina go hungry (or hungrier), since when does Putin care about the well-being of its citizens?  There's enough money to be made outside of the West to keep his and the oligarchs' coffers full for more yachts and whatever other playthings they want.  

Putin may be an evil narcissist but he's not stupid and is about 5 steps ahead of the rest of the world on this.  

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Toss this guy into the mix - former USAF special ops guy, has a solid book I've read, based in Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/nolanwpeterson

And Rubio has been tweeting out stuff that proved true.

https://twitter.com/marcorubio

Edited by atomheartbevo

No Shit. It’s a war of total conquest. And it is not the endgame. It’s the opening move.
Pretend that more European states will not be in flames at your peril.
A weak and destabilized and damaged Europe is the Russian dream. Russia cannot reach their level, so its only play is to bring everyone else down to theirs. A European war causing economic collapse and a flow so recession and a spreading fire? Putin’s dreams come true.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Dumb question but where is China on this issue?  I know they love Russian oil but it would be really great if they were on the good guys side on this one.  The EU, US, and China would be a pretty strong alliance against Russia on this. 

I don't think that's gonna happen.

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй