Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

45 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I would be shocked if Kherson falls in the next week. To do it now would cost 10 times the lives it would in 6 weeks because of the continued attrition of equipment due to lack of supplies and replacement parts.

I would expect more action toward Svatove and continued action east of Lyman, but I don’t see the UKA pushing a full on offensive in Kherson unless the RU has completely broken and have started a full on panic retreat over the river by leaving everything else (gear, equipment, armor ect).

I would agree, but the Russians are in disarray, there’s talk that their mobilization is tying up logistics, and the Ukrainians have been chipping away at their logistics and HQs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would agree, but the Russians are in disarray, there’s talk that their mobilization is tying up logistics, and the Ukrainians have been chipping away at their logistics and HQs. 

My issue is that with how urbanized Kherson is, any decisive battle to finally crush the RU forces on the west side of the Deniper is going to be a long bloody mess. That is something the UKA is desperately trying to avoid. So unless the situation in Kherson has devolved to the point that there is either a general surrender or a massive spontaneous retreat, I just don’t see it happening any time soon.

That being said I can see the prelude to the final event where multiple fronts crack and so the RU pills back to their final defensive positions or mass at one of the wrecked bridge heads praying for a miracle, but I am doubtful we will see a resolution to the battle of Kherson this week.

The sad part is strategically, Kherson is “won”, it is just down to how much time and blood are both sides willing to spend. With no bridges and no air cover, the RU troops are trapped and are starring into winter with no supply line or reinforcements. The UKA know this, but also desperately want to keep Kherson as intact as possible. So it’s a waiting game that is much tied to destroying the moral of the RU troops as it is defeating the man.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

But what we have seen recently from the Ukrainian Armed Forces is more evidence that they have a better understanding of modern multi-domain war than all of us.
Their mastery of modern war - including strategic influence operations - has also induced profound psychological shock in the Russians at the political, strategic, operational & tactical levels. Russia must now respond to Ukrainian initiatives at levels.

I wonder where they got this sudden master class in how to go from getting overwhelmed and early to slaughtering the Russians and breaking their experienced army?
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Decent interview:

https://www.state.gov/secretary-antony-j-blinken-and-canadian-foreign-minister-melanie-joly-at-a-joint-press-availability/

“It’s a tremendous opportunity to once and for all remove the dependence on Russian energy and thus to take away from Vladimir Putin the weaponization of energy as a means of advancing his imperial designs.”

I’m wondering if we should be isolating Putin from Russia at this point in communications, i.e. something like “we will welcome the Russian people back into the international economy when they stop Mr. Putin’s wars, etc.; in the mean time we will work to make sure alternate energy supplies are available to our Allies and partners who wish to avoid doing business with Mr. Putin.”

Start clearly illustrating the off ramp for the Russian people, since Putin isn’t interested in off ramps.

• Hook 'Em 4

I wonder where they got this sudden master class in how to go from getting overwhelmed and early to slaughtering the Russians and breaking their experienced army?
They killed all the best units of the Russian Army plus a thousand plus officers and the rest are pieces of dick?
I really expect the offensive to steamroll for quite a bit longer, even though it's already quite remarkable what has been liberated.
  • Hook 'Em 3

The look on the Belarusian’s face when one of the other talking heads said Belarus belongs to Russia

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

FeHtR8KXwAENdo-?format=jpg&name=large

from the same clip posted last night, some of the comments…aggy as hell.

“All Ukraine is with us” but also “everywhere we go the adversary outnumbers us 5 to 1”. Who does he think fights in the Ukraine’s army, Santa’s elves? Or is it Malcolm Nance again? Clearly Ukraine isn’t with you my dude.

——

The ability of these people to victimize themselves in every situation is mind-blowing. Chechnya “happened to them” and looks like now Ukraine is “happening to them.” Zero introspection.

—-

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 6

9 hours ago, 686 said:

Decent interview:

https://www.state.gov/secretary-antony-j-blinken-and-canadian-foreign-minister-melanie-joly-at-a-joint-press-availability/

“It’s a tremendous opportunity to once and for all remove the dependence on Russian energy and thus to take away from Vladimir Putin the weaponization of energy as a means of advancing his imperial designs.”

I’m wondering if we should be isolating Putin from Russia at this point in communications, i.e. something like “we will welcome the Russian people back into the international economy when they stop Mr. Putin’s wars, etc.; in the mean time we will work to make sure alternate energy supplies are available to our Allies and partners who wish to avoid doing business with Mr. Putin.”

Start clearly illustrating the off ramp for the Russian people, since Putin isn’t interested in off ramps.

Seems to me the message should read "we will welcome the Russian people and industry back into the world economy when they rid themselves of aggressive conquerors pining for a past false empire and embrace a cooperative world of trade and good will, dismantle their WMD's and recognized the sovereignty of their neighbors states.  Also they have to return to Germany or allow the people to create their own state of Prussia (Because I like the name and for no other reason).   

Till then, the men and women of Russia can keep collecting Ukrainian bullets and artillery. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The look on the Belarusian’s face when one of the other talking heads said Belarus belongs to Russia

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

FeHtR8KXwAENdo-?format=jpg&name=large

from the same clip posted last night, some of the comments…aggy as hell.

“All Ukraine is with us” but also “everywhere we go the adversary outnumbers us 5 to 1”. Who does he think fights in the Ukraine’s army, Santa’s elves? Or is it Malcolm Nance again? Clearly Ukraine isn’t with you my dude.

——

The ability of these people to victimize themselves in every situation is mind-blowing. Chechnya “happened to them” and looks like now Ukraine is “happening to them.” Zero introspection.

—-

The good is that they get it fully explained to them where they stand with Russia.  They thought they were partners and allies, but they are being ordered around like they are their bitches.  NATO doesn't behave this way toward our allies.  We don't shit on Lithuania or Poland, but rather build them up.   They chose poorly. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nivek said:

The good is that they get it fully explained to them where they stand with Russia.  They thought they were partners and allies, but they are being ordered around like they are their bitches.  NATO doesn't behave this way toward our allies.  We don't shit on Lithuania or Poland, but rather build them up.   They chose poorly. 

Depends on the administration 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/03/politics/ukraine-weapons-us-atacms-targeting-veto/index.html

I would prefer we not be rubber stamping heir targets and just let them keep doing what they are doing , preferably with ATACMS

Overall I give our Governement an A for how we've participated in this war.  Let's give them the good rockets and whatever fighter jets they can use.  Let's earn an A+ here.  History is watching.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Parliament said:

Overall I give our Governement an A for how we've participated in this war.  Let's give them the good rockets and whatever fighter jets they can use.  Let's earn an A+ here.  History is watching.  

We also need to clone Malcolm Nance and send a bunch of the clones over, because he’s living in their heads rent-free.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Also, Ukraine has 5-7 times the troop losses, but slips in that Russia’s losses are “heavy”.   They have to justify the 60k deaths, which people are figuring out, so they have to fight overwhelming odds and inflict exponential casualties to the other side - as a sort of prophylactic explanation for all of the Russian sunflower fertilizer. 

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

atomic bomb explosion GIF

One dude suggested a small tactical nuke might get fired, but didn’t really lay out the dominoes that would then fall and lead to an end to the war.

It seems to me the only way this ends is a coup that topples Putin and a new regime laying the blame at his feet while trying to provide assurances to the West that they are ready to re-join the global community.

But if they haven’t already killed him, what are they waiting for? 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

All the usual Kremlin flunkies and socks are pushing “we’re so close to nuclear war, be afraid” today which makes me feel better about it not happening. 

My response to all that is from the great Winston Churchill from that article I posted:  “If this long [island] story of ours is to end at last, let it end only when each of us lies choking in his own blood upon the ground.”.

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

One dude suggested a small tactical nuke might get fired, but didn’t really lay out the dominoes that would then fall and lead to an end to the war.

It seems to me the only way this ends is a coup that topples Putin and a new regime laying the blame at his feet while trying to provide assurances to the West that they are ready to re-join the global community.

That's the only way it ends -- if it is going to end quickly in a way we want it to.  More likely is the WWI analog from the article where they acknowledge loss is inevitable from months into the war but continue to fight because they'll be hanged if they don't.  

31 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

All the usual Kremlin flunkies and socks are pushing “we’re so close to nuclear war, be afraid” today which makes me feel better about it not happening. 

Tell me Russian Embassy, what was the lead up to that precedent set by The United States?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I haven't read The New Yorker yet but I don't see how a coup fundamentally changes things. It would be coming from top political/military leaders, and they can't turn the propaganda machine on a dime, or else they'll be labeled Western sympathizers by the remaining Putinists. I think has to be a popular revolution for there to be meaningful change.

What about the possibility of a stalemate with occasional border skirmishes, kind of like India-Pakistan? Right or wrong, domestic considerations will eventually put up barriers to us continuing to pour billions into Ukraine's defense, without which they probably can't keep Russia back pushing.

• Hook 'Em 1

WRT nuclear threats- ask the basketball question, “Are their knees flexed? If not, it’s a fake”. 

When you start seeing all the important Russians returning home, when you see weeks of stores being amassed in government centers, then worry. But if it’s just a bunch of on-the-take pundits and Russian spokesman threatening, take it with a grain of salt. (I’m pretty sure we have some great eavesdropping going on to see “if the knees are flexed”). 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I haven't read The New Yorker yet but I don't see how a coup fundamentally changes things. It would be coming from top political/military leaders, and they can't turn the propaganda machine on a dime, or else they'll be labeled Western sympathizers by the remaining Putinists. I think has to be a popular revolution for there to be meaningful change.

What about the possibility of a stalemate with occasional border skirmishes, kind of like India-Pakistan? Right or wrong, domestic considerations will eventually put up barriers to us continuing to pour billions into Ukraine's defense, without which they probably can't keep Russia back pushing.

The big assumption there seems to be that the Russian rank and file will have the desire to be in any sort of fight soon, and I'm not convinced that will be the case at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1