Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

11 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I dig the look but man Americans sure are the kings of useless platitudes. 

It's especially frustrating seeing how weirdly inept this Russian invasion is and that a relatively small American force as part of a NATO coalition could have ruined this whole thing for Putin already. 

Instead we have toothless platitudes and cowering to Putin's empty threat of nukes when standing up to aggression a long time ago could have prevented this stuff from Russia by now. 

John Prine had some words about it.

It's a nice gesture. Not terribly unlike the Turks singing at Putin. A lot of things could have been different. 

• Hook 'Em 2

This is gonna take Putin down. Maybe he planned to soft-pedal the start, but there's NO way he wanted a bunch of his shit to get blowed up.  Russia is a paper tiger (other than their nukes of course) and this is gonna take him down.  That, of course, makes him even more dangerous.  Whatever level of rationality he started out with, he's gonna start giving that up real soon.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

Have a feeling there are exponentially more ManPads in Kyiv than the Russians think, yea they prob took out all the fixed AA batteries they could find, but as just seen Russian planes start falling with regularity they’re gonna just say fuck it and flatten it with artillery.

28 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don't know where he's getting his numbers from on the tanks/APCs, but even half those numbers are noteworthy.

And I could see the APCs getting knocked out like crazy with Javelins/etc.  Even 65 APCs would be close to carrying 500 troops (I'm assuming some of them are not actually APCs, but configured for anti-air or whatever).  I'm not saying they killed 500 Russians in those APCs, but just putting it in perspective.

And if they've taken out 65 APCs (or more), that's spread out over a large area, which means a lot of APC drivers would know of APCs that got hit, and they might be skittish about where they go.

Losing a tank an hour is what stood out to me. Russian can't take that for a 72 hours.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Right.  Non state sponsored (at least openly) group.  I don't remember the stories of 2003 independent group hacking in conjunction with the Iraq invasion.

I discussed this previously, it's best to think of these groups as modern Pirates/Privateers. Often they wreck shop on their own and occasionally they attack other nations with the tacit approval of another nation.

I will add that Anonymous is full of clowns and the Russian groups are more Blackbeard "I want pirate booty and will sink French ships on behalf of the crown."

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Neither Russia nor China is world leading cutting edge in anything except strength in numbers and the will to do evil in ways that most countries won’t.  

I suspect there was a big element of overconfidence here by Putin, but eventually I fear that will to do evil will take over with more intensity and turn the tide more decisively for Russia.  But he’s still gravely miscalculated how easy occupying the Ukraine would be.  This is a larger, more advanced nation than Iraq and Afghanistan with all kinds of Western contacts and supply lines.  It’s a population that is used to relative freedom and that is majority hostile to Russia as a “liberator”.   Consider how much of a clusteruck Iraq was, and then consider most of those people actually were on our side.  

This was madness by Putin.

Yeah, it's not "if" but when he will take Kyiv.  

And if this is going as badly as it looks, the Russian officers/NCOs are going to be chewed out, which means they are going to get absolutely brutal on their conscripts and there's going to be a lot of dead Ukrainian civilians.

Putin cannot afford to back down on this at all.  Could be a pyrrhic victory.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

This is gonna take Putin down. Maybe he planned to soft-pedal the start, but there's NO way he wanted a bunch of his shit to get blowed up.  Russia is a paper tiger (other than their nukes of course) and this is gonna take him down.  That, of course, makes him even more dangerous.  Whatever level of rationality he started out with, he's gonna start giving that up real soon.

I legitimately worry that if he is losing he’ll say fuck it and go nuclear. He’ll have nothing to lose at that point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

What's bizarre to me is you hear all these aircraft, and we know they are there from things like the above.

WTF are they doing?  They don't seem to be bombing anything with any great enthusiasm.

It's the Ghost Of Kyiv.  He clears the skies of Russian fighters and says Take the Loss, Putin.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 6

17 minutes ago, Hate said:

Holy shit if true. We may be witnessing the crumbling of Russia as any kind of world power. 

i've been waiting on the defections. these mofos were out in he cold for what 1 to 2 months? being told what exactly? i am sure morale is all over the fucking place. 

22 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I can totally see us communicating in real time with Ukraine of what’s going on, where to shoot, when to hold back, etc. I’m sure the intel that the US/UK/etc is providing is flat out allowing them to do work and, in turn, giving them confidence.

Keep fighting Ukraine. All of Surly supports you.

Russia not jamming coms or take down power is a huge fail.

• Hook 'Em 3

Ukraine claiming they've killed 800 Russians. Dubious but they seem proud.

Ukrainian military claims that since the beginning of fighting with Russia they have killed 800 men, shot down 7 planes, 6 helicopters, destroyed 30 tanks, and destroyed 130 other vehicles

Edited by SimonBolivar

3 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

How do you engage a cruise missile?  Is it flying at a speed that a plane could shoot it down or someone on the ground  could take it out?

Put a ring on it.

But no.  It's tough like really tough. Dude has no idea what he is saying

Edited by FartingMonk
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Neither Russia nor China is world leading cutting edge in anything except strength in numbers and the will to do evil in ways that most countries won’t.  

I suspect there was a big element of overconfidence here by Putin, but eventually I fear that will to do evil will take over with more intensity and turn the tide more decisively for Russia.  But he’s still gravely miscalculated how easy occupying the Ukraine would be.  This is a larger, more advanced nation than Iraq and Afghanistan with all kinds of Western contacts and supply lines.  It’s a population that is used to relative freedom and that is majority hostile to Russia as a “liberator”.   Consider how much of a clusteruck Iraq was, and then consider most of those people actually were on our side.  

This was madness by Putin.

Yep. The Russians are overrated pussies and the Chinese are even more overrated. Communism doesn’t work. It hollows out society and based upon lies heaped on top of lies. They lie to themselves and they don’t even know it. 
We were shocked to find out how dismal shit was for them when the USSR fell and since then their country has been raped by a thuggish oligarchy and they’ve put no effort into building up the population. Their economy is about the size of Texas but not as diversified. This isn’t a great power- it’s a tin horn dictator who talks a lot of shit but he has nukes. 
China is same same but even worse because they are still commies ruthlessly suppressing dissent and lying to themselves about literally everything. 
for all that people talk shit on here about Americans and America and how stupid, lazy, whatever you want to say bad we are the average American runs circles around the average peasant from Russia or China and we wouldn’t uphold the average American as anything other than an incompetent moron around these parts. 
The fact that they have nukes makes this shit hard to solve, but yeah- not impressed nor am I worried about the Chico’s getting frisky if we decide to shut them down. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I legitimately worry that if he is losing he’ll say fuck it and go nuclear. He’ll have nothing to lose at that point.

He goes nuke and that affects nato countries and the world ends. Fine by me. Just give me a heads up and I'm heading to the neighbor down the street that has been flirting with me. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yep. The Russians are overrated pussies and the Chinese are even more overrated. Communism doesn’t work. It hollows out society and based upon lies heaped on top of lies. They lie to themselves and they don’t even know it. 
We were shocked to find out how dismal shit was for them when the USSR fell and since then their country has been raped by a thuggish oligarchy and they’ve put no effort into building up the population. Their economy is about the size of Texas but not as diversified. This isn’t a great power- it’s a tin horn dictator who talks a lot of shit but he has nukes. 
China is same same but even worse because they are still commies ruthlessly suppressing dissent and lying to themselves about literally everything. 
for all that people talk shit on here about Americans and America and how stupid, lazy, whatever you want to say bad we are the average American runs circles around the average peasant from Russia or China and we wouldn’t uphold the average American as anything other than an incompetent moron around these parts. 
The fact that they have nukes makes this shit hard to solve, but yeah- not impressed nor am I worried about the Chico’s getting frisky if we decide to shut them down. 

Dude put down the whiskey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gonna be a bloody day in Kyiv. Russians are 20 miles from town.

That’s when it gets real. That will be shittacular.

All of that said, we’re seeing the Russian military engage with a modern fighting force, albeit a not very stout one….and it’s showing us that Russia is not an offensive threat. NATO would mop the floor with them. As would any number of NATO nations. As in, I think France alone might take them, and easily.

Putin is showing his junk here, and it’s not nearly as impressive as his enslaved concubines told him it was.

Here’s hoping for a lot more dead Russians soon.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, pops said:

He goes nuke and that affects nato countries and the world ends. Fine by me. Just give me a heads up and I'm heading to the neighbor down the street that has been flirting with me. 

Same, school mom that I get mad vibes from, who cares at that point, let’s get it on already!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй