Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

13 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

24 hour news channels need to get their “personalities” off the air when real shit is happening. It’s painful to watch. Put some real war correspondents on.

This site with the post from Twitter from everyone is way better at real time news than the 24 hour news channels. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

How do you engage a cruise missile?  Is it flying at a speed that a plane could shoot it down or someone on the ground  could take it out?

Surface to air munitions. Putin either underestimated how much Ukraine had or severely overestimated his army's ability to identify and eliminate them on such a quick time frame. Because flying directly into areas controlled by them like this is "Simple Jack" level stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I would trade a lot of dead Russians for one dead Putin. SOB is sending Russian sons off to die or kill innocents in an unjust war.

If we can help Ukraine turn this into a quagmire and Russians have to keep sending more and more of their kids to die, that may be how this thing is won by the good guys.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

Dude put down the whiskey.

They got their ass kicked by the Japanese in 1898. They tapped out of WW1 and became commies. They almost lost WW2. They lost the Cold War. Their economy sucks. They aren’t a great power. Their entire history is them being a group of frustrated backwater hicks while getting raped by whoever was playing daddy to them at the time. They are basically aggy when it comes to relevance in the world stage. 
they will fight fiercely when backed into the corner for their motherland (as I expect will the Ukrainians and pretty much every country or peoples group ever) but they are fuck ups. Plain and simple. It’s not a functional society and country. Neither is China. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I dig the look but man Americans sure are the kings of useless platitudes. 

It's especially frustrating seeing how weirdly inept this Russian invasion is and that a relatively small American force as part of a NATO coalition could have ruined this whole thing for Putin already. 

Instead we have toothless platitudes and cowering to Putin's empty threat of nukes when standing up to aggression a long time ago could have prevented this stuff from Russia by now. 

I wouldn't say the US is completely full of platitudes, mistakes were made, maybe promises broken but as of right now, the Ukrainians have US equipment, US training, US intel, US sanctions (war is expensive, Russia's cost of money has skyrocketed), and more.  It's not troops and air support but it's not nothing.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Me too. But without that, the best way to get attention back home is to start sending back lots of coffins.
Hey Russians, is this worth your blood?

Can't remember where, but I saw pictures of Russian soldiers manning mobile crematories. 

Did not expect Putin to kick off his day 1 presser by describing it as "desperate measures". I'm guessing that he is trying to imply that he was forced into this but still not a good look for his billionaire buddies. Anyone with good Russian skills that can confirm that translation is accurate?

37 minutes ago, 'stache said:

He surely expected a bit of a fight and to lose some Russians, I’m not convinced anything has happened that he hasn’t expected. I really hope I’m wrong and the Ukrainians fuck them up. I’m legitimately curious what motivation Russian soldiers have here knowing the world knows them as the aggressors and success would do nothing for them personally. The psychology of it is beyond my comprehension.

US intelligence has already confirmed (assuming Rubio is their twitter bot) that Putin didn't expect it to be this hard.

41 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

It's especially frustrating seeing how weirdly inept this Russian invasion is and that a relatively small American force as part of a NATO coalition could have ruined this whole thing for Putin already. 

Instead we have toothless platitudes and cowering to Putin's empty threat of nukes when standing up to aggression a long time ago could have prevented this stuff from Russia by now. 

20 minutes ago, 'stache said:

If Ukraine takes an upper hand I wonder if NATO would go ahead and send in force to take them out for good. I doubt it, I just hope Ukraine can fend them off on their own with whatever help we’re supplying.

Given everything that we know about Putin, I have no doubt that if Americans/NATO rolled into Ukraine and started rolling up Russian forces, that Putin would use nukes on the battlefield.

He's fucking nuts and Americans/NATO kicking Russian ass on the battlefield would probably cause a seismic shift in Moscow.  Either the Russians would unite behind Putin and we get nukes (because Putin will tell his people that NATO won't stop at the Ukrainian border) or Putin faces the music and, well, gonna be nukes flying as he decides to take down everybody around him, as well as those he holds responsible (NATO/America).

1 minute ago, troph said:

US intelligence has already confirmed (assuming Rubio is their twitter bot) that Putin didn't expect it to be this hard.

There is no way Rubio isn’t doing what he’s told to do. Whatever he’s tweeting is gold plated guarantee that’s what we want going out, but we don’t want it going out from the admin. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, troph said:

Rubio is on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.  He is Tweeting whatever they decide he should, and it's a great idea.  Throw the Truth out there, put the Russians on blast.

Edited by Parliament
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Definitely not a cruise missile. They are damn near impossible to shoot down with another missile

While they're meant to dodge and be unpredictable in the the terminal phase, cruise missiles are definitely not impossible to take out.  Both the Kalibr and Tomahawk are vulnerable to modern air defense.  Anyway, I think the burning wreck is not a cruise missile, it's falling from way too high and with too much material mass to be a missile being downed.  Beyond that it's hard to say, it could be anything from a large drone to a Tupolev strategic bomber.  But most likely a fighter, imo.

5 hours ago, crash_davis said:

russian ingenuity. there's no fucking way we lose a war to these assholes.

I was curious if this could have been their infiltration team. There are reports of unmarked units that are hunting Zelenski or sabotaging infrastructure. But maybe they have a real morale problem. 

Rubio is on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.  He is Tweeting whatever they decide he should, and it's a great idea.  Throw the Truth out there, put the Russians on blast.

Damn straight and letting it come from an R so they see we are putting up a united front against this fuckery.

No CR/just facts.
  • Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй