Kareem Hunt

Don Johnson

http://www.tmz.com/2018/11/30/kc-chiefs-kareem-hunt-attacked-kicked-woman-surveillance-video/

TMZ Sports has obtained video of Kansas City Chiefs star running back Kareem Huntshoving, bull-rushing and kicking a woman in a Cleveland hotel back in February. 

Kareem has not missed a single game this season despite the incident happening MONTHS before the 2018 NFL season kicked off ... and team CEO Clark Hunt publicly stated in August he doubted Hunt would be suspended.

In the video, Hunt is seen arguing with a 19-year-old woman outside of his room at The Metropolitan at the 9 at 3:22 AM on February 10, 2018. 

Hunt turns a corner and confronts the woman, shoving her hard. The woman strikes him back in the face ... and that's when Hunt goes berserk.

As friends try to hold him back, the 2017 Pro Bowler -- who led the league in rushing yards -- explodes and knocks one of his friends into the woman ... who both go flying into a wall. 

Both Kareem's male friend and the woman appear dazed -- but Kareem makes his way over to the female and kicks her while she's crouching on the ground ... knocking her over. 

Police were called to the scene but no arrests were made. According to police reports, obtained by TMZ Sports, surveillance video from the hotel was obtained by law enforcement. We're told that video is part of the evidence that was submitted to prosecutors. 

6 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Has he been charged?

It was last spring.  He was not charged and the woman involved did not want to pursue action.  Apparently, everyone associated with the situation, the Chiefs, the NFL, and the local police, knew exactly what went down and no punishment was given.  Maybe there's more to the story, though I don't know what that might be

4 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

It was last spring.  He was not charged and the woman involved did not want to pursue action.  Apparently, everyone associated with the situation, the Chiefs, the NFL, and the local police, knew exactly what went down and no punishment was given.  Maybe there's more to the story, though I don't know what that might be

Where did you see this?  In the article, it's said it's unknown if the NFL has seen or even pursued the video.  Is there another report that NFL has seen this?

Unclear why the NFL has not taken any action against Hunt. We reached out to the league to find out if they pursued the video. We also reached out to cops to find out if the NFL contacted them about the footage as well. 

Roger Goodell being paid $30M a year or whatever and he still hasn't learned that the video will get out eventually.

Of course that video doesn't exactly match the tone of the description above. He was an asshole who assaulted a woman but the kick wasn't nearly as bad as they made it out to be. Of course he shouldn't have even tapped here with his foot so there's that.

Edited by Huckleberry

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

They suspend Elliot and there is literal footage of this guy beating the shit out of a woman and he gets no punishment? 

Well I just watched the video and I am not sure he assaulted her like it is described  in the article. The kick at the end was not really a kick. 

Edited by Newy25

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Where did you see this?  In the article, it's said it's unknown if the NFL has seen or even pursued the video.  Is there another report that NFL has seen this?

It's in the TMZ story.  Though it actually says February, not in the spring.  I don't know why I said the spring.  Something about her getting irate because Kareem asked her to hook up with one of his buddies and she didn't want to.  

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

I like the “no big deal” responses. 

Yeah. It only took 4 people holding him back to stop him from beating the shit out of a woman. Totally better. 

Eh, I'm not saying it's not a big deal. I'm saying that TMZ oversold it (shocker) when it was completely unnecessary because it was bad enough on its own.

• Like 2

Just now, Texas25 said:

The thing is, he acted like a complete jack ass and should be suspended. What will get glossed over is how the woman continued to come at him and acted like a jackass and swung, but because she is a woman, nothing will happen to her

He shoved her, everything she did after that is easily justified by the fact that he physically attacked her first.

You should go around shoving people and when they come at you repeatedly after you assault them you can cry to everyone about how they're acting like a jackass.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Eh, I'm not saying it's not a big deal. I'm saying that TMZ oversold it (shocker) when it was completely unnecessary because it was bad enough on its own.

It was definitely oversold. He was being held back by WTF is this lady doing? Why didn't she leave? 

He should definitely be suspended. No one should ever engage in a physical altercation with a woman if they can avoid it. 

Edited by Newy25

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

He shoved her, everything she did after that is easily justified by the fact that he physically attacked her first.

You should go around shoving people and when they come at you repeatedly after you assault them you can cry to everyone about how they're acting like a jackass.

What I'm saying, is as a woman that is probably 5'8 135 lbs if that, she should have just gotten out of there. Kareem is a piece of shit that should be suspended. That being said she knew what she was doing by continually coming at him. These situations are escalated often because you have two idiots. She even pushed one of the guys that looked like he was trying to protect her.

Edited by Texas25

Just now, Texas25 said:

What I'm saying, is as a woman that is probably 5'8 135 lbs if that, she should have just got out of there. Kareem is a piece of shit that should be suspended. That being said she knew what she was doing by continually coming at him. These situations are escalated often because you have two idiots. She even pushed one of the guys that looked like he was trying to protect her.

To say she was displaying poor judgment is an understatement. She did nothing to diffuse that situation and even escalated it. 

But he should know better as a professional athlete and know to walk away and not push and hit back. And for that he should get suspended. 

13 minutes ago, staboner said:

mixon could teach this guy a thing or two

or his fast teammate can?

fucking NFL

not the way you do a haiku

3 minutes ago, SA-KC_Horn said:

Something was said? No audio.

Why didn't she leave? Groupie?

Alcohol involved. Yes.

3am.  Bad things happen at that time.

Video released, 3 game vacation. 

not the way you do a limerick

• Like 1

Sounds like the league and team knew.  Which means they were downplaying it.  Can't wait for the NFL to have 100000 more commercials about how they support women and their needs.

That being said, it looks like he only pushed her once and that was about it.  He pushed a dude who ran into her.  That isn't exactly "brutalizing" a woman.  He should have been suspended at the beginning of the year for a few games.  The cover up is going to be worse than the crime here.  I expect he will play this weekend and then the team will be forced to bench him for at least a game or two down the line, which will actually hurt KC more than if they would have buttoned this up at the beginning of the year.  The wildcard is the KC fans.  When Larry Johnson was about to break Preist Holmes's record for Chiefs career rushing yards the fanbase was very verbal about not letting him do it.  LJ had been caught punching women at least 3 times in various local bars.  The chiefs sat him one game and then released him before the next game so he would never be in their record books.  It will be interesting to see if there is fan backlash this time because of the fact we are actually winning.

I don't know where to lean on betting on an outcome here.  I could see the fans being silent and hoping it all goes away.  They don't call the stadium "camaro-head" for nothing.

2 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Sounds like the league and team knew.  Which means they were downplaying it.  Can't wait for the NFL to have 100000 more commercials about how they support women and their needs.

That being said, it looks like he only pushed her once and that was about it.  He pushed a dude who ran into her.  That isn't exactly "brutalizing" a woman.  He should have been suspended at the beginning of the year for a few games.  The cover up is going to be worse than the crime here.  I expect he will play this weekend and then the team will be forced to bench him for at least a game or two down the line, which will actually hurt KC more than if they would have buttoned this up at the beginning of the year.  The wildcard is the KC fans.  When Larry Johnson was about to break Preist Holmes's record for Chiefs career rushing yards the fanbase was very verbal about not letting him do it.  LJ had been caught punching women at least 3 times in various local bars.  The chiefs sat him one game and then released him before the next game so he would never be in their record books.  It will be interesting to see if there is fan backlash this time because of the fact we are actually winning.

I don't know where to lean on betting on an outcome here.  I could see the fans being silent and hoping it all goes away.  They don't call the stadium "camaro-head" for nothing.

He knocked her to the ground and then went out of his way to kick her at the end. It doesn't make a fuck that he used another person's body to knock her down. What the fuck are you smoking?

10 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

The kick was probably the most disgusting thing, she looked out of it and disoriented after her head hit the wall and then he walks up and kicks her. If that is a guy y'all want to stand by then it is an interesting hill to die on.

EDIT: It doesn't look like she hit the wall but pretty despicable nonetheless

Edited by Texas25

Just now, 'stache said:

No arrest?  Even if she didn't press charges, doesn't something like vicious still require an arrest?  Is she a girlfriend/spouse who forgave him ala the girl Tyreke Hill choked?

I agree, that is a lot of evidence to result in no arrest. And if the NFL knew about this, then they look really really bad for their lack of disciplinary action of Hunt, regardless of whether or not he was charged. This is outrageous given the league's focus on domestic violence in recent years. Goodell deserves to get blasted by the media and fans over this.