Android Thread

Good question.  Probably 90+% of the time, I don't.  But, when I have had internet or power problems that have knocked out my internet, cell phone hotspot is my backup to keep work flowing.

In the big scheme of things, not being to fwd/ send pics without timing out isn't the end of the world (android phone, so, most are sms/ mms to iphones, which I am assuming are going over the cell net and not wifi), but, is more of an annoyance.   But, I did notice that I and guests were randomly missing calls on the VZW network, unless we had VoLTE enabled over wifi.

• Hook 'Em 1

Does anyone have any recommendations for apps that block spam texts? Ideally, I'd like to somehow continue using the Verizon Message+ app just because it's familiar (and I'm just generally not crazy about the idea of opening up my contacts and messages to some random Chinese spyware or whatever), but I am fucking fed up that their shithead developers would rather figure out how to use their app to send gift cards to Applebee's rather than how to incorporate a feature that allows us to simply mute text notifications from unknown numbers. 

I have always been very careful with giving out my cell number (we still have a landline so we can avoid giving out our cell numbers...) but for the past few months, I have been getting absolutely bombarded by Trumpy bullshit scammers and "fundraisers." 

I use the "report spam" feature, which (seemingly) does nothing meaningful, and I forward each one to the FCC's spam report number (7726) which also doesn't do anything, at least with respect to the ongoing nuisance. I add each number to my contacts and then block it, but these assholes have so many rotating numbers (or they're just straight up spoofed) that it's meaningless. 

If I ever find the motherfuckers behind 22-now.com I am going to cut off their faces and feel them to rats. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20220923-114601_Contacts.thumb.jpg.54c4222fc7fc238257e80452c1a7d02d.jpg

• 1 month later...