GEORGIA CAN SUCK MY DICK

Fondren & Main

29 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Banging on doors off Ross and Washington? Sounds like a good way to get shot

I thought the same damn thing. That area has really gentrified since 2015 but man I remember there were streets in old east Dallas where you'd look at someone the wrong way and they'd approach your car. Stetson should be glad DPD picked him up and not someone else

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, 3adays said:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/georgia-bulldogs-quarterback-stetson-bennett-arrested-on-public-intoxication-charge-in-dallas-police-say/287-4f0caf3c-6d7d-4c46-a1fc-535aac7638a8

DALLAS — Stetson Bennett, the Georgia quarterback who just led the Bulldogs to a second straight national championship, was arrested on a charge of public intoxication early Sunday morning in Dallas, police confirmed to WFAA.

The arrest happened around 6 a.m. Sunday in the 1600 block of Tribeca Way in Old East Dallas, according to police.

Officers responded to reports of a man banging on doors in the area, police said.

When the officers arrived, they found Bennett "and determined he was intoxicated," a police news release said.

The release did not say if Bennett was the man reportedly banging on doors, and it did not say where, specifically, they located him.

Bennett, 25, was arrested and taken to a city detention center. It was unclear when he was being released Sunday.

More information about his arrest was not released.

It would be funnier if Stetson was found playing the bongos... 😋

10 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I thought the same damn thing. That area has really gentrified since 2015 but man I remember there were streets in old east Dallas where you'd look at someone the wrong way and they'd approach your car. Stetson should be glad DPD picked him up and not someone else

It has but it still can be a block by block proposition down there.

6 hours ago, 3adays said:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/georgia-bulldogs-quarterback-stetson-bennett-arrested-on-public-intoxication-charge-in-dallas-police-say/287-4f0caf3c-6d7d-4c46-a1fc-535aac7638a8

DALLAS — Stetson Bennett, the Georgia quarterback who just led the Bulldogs to a second straight national championship, was arrested on a charge of public intoxication early Sunday morning in Dallas, police confirmed to WFAA.

The arrest happened around 6 a.m. Sunday in the 1600 block of Tribeca Way in Old East Dallas, according to police.

Officers responded to reports of a man banging on doors in the area, police said.

When the officers arrived, they found Bennett "and determined he was intoxicated," a police news release said.

The release did not say if Bennett was the man reportedly banging on doors, and it did not say where, specifically, they located him.

Bennett, 25, was arrested and taken to a city detention center. It was unclear when he was being released Sunday.

More information about his arrest was not released.

Eh.  I've been publicly intoxicated in Dallas, many, many times.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CNN — 

University of Georgia’s star defensive lineman Jalen Carter — projected as a top pick in the upcoming NFL draft — is facing charges of reckless driving and racing in connection with a crash that killed teammate Devin Willock and team employee Chandler LeCroy, according to Athens-Clarke County police.

Alcohol is believed to have played a part in the January 15 crash, which came just hours after the team celebrated its second consecutive national championship victory in a parade through campus. Toxicology results show LeCory had a blood alcohol concentration of .197 at the time of crash, more than twice the legal limit in Georgia, according to a police news release.

“The investigation found that Chandler LeCroy, driver of the 2021 Ford Expedition and Jalen Carter, driver of a 2021 Jeep Trackhawk, were operating their vehicles in a manner consistent with racing shortly after leaving the downtown Athens area at about 2:30 AM” on the night of crash, according to the release.

“Alcohol impairment, racing, reckless driving, and speed were significant contributing factors to the crash,” the release says.

24 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

CNN — 

University of Georgia’s star defensive lineman Jalen Carter — projected as a top pick in the upcoming NFL draft — is facing charges of reckless driving and racing in connection with a crash that killed teammate Devin Willock and team employee Chandler LeCroy, according to Athens-Clarke County police.

Alcohol is believed to have played a part in the January 15 crash, which came just hours after the team celebrated its second consecutive national championship victory in a parade through campus. Toxicology results show LeCory had a blood alcohol concentration of .197 at the time of crash, more than twice the legal limit in Georgia, according to a police news release.

“The investigation found that Chandler LeCroy, driver of the 2021 Ford Expedition and Jalen Carter, driver of a 2021 Jeep Trackhawk, were operating their vehicles in a manner consistent with racing shortly after leaving the downtown Athens area at about 2:30 AM” on the night of crash, according to the release.

“Alcohol impairment, racing, reckless driving, and speed were significant contributing factors to the crash,” the release says.

If he falls out of the first round, you can guarantee the cowboys will grab him now. 

48 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

CNN — 

Looking at this strictly from a callous business perspective, I don't know how much of this can be pinned on Jalen Carter. The girl ultimately decided to race him, she was drunk, she lost control of the car and crashed. Unless Carter ran her off the road that would be a different story, but outside of that, I don't think this costs him as much in a weak draft where he is the top ranked overall player. If he is only being charged with wreckless driving as is being reported, then he walks in to the police station, pays the fine and walks out. 

Edited by Vertigo

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Looking at this strictly from a callous business perspective, I don't know how much of this can be pinned on Jalen Carter. The girl ultimately decided to race him, she was drunk, she lost control of the car and crashed. Unless Carter ran her off the road that would be a different story, but outside of that, I don't think this costs him as much in a weak draft where he is the top ranked overall player. If he is only being charged with wreckless driving as is being reported, then he walks in to the police station, pays the fine and walks out. 

In Texas that’s easily multiple felonies he could’ve been charged with, especially since the race resulted in a death and serious injuries. Can’t believe he only got misdeamenors in Georgia. If he wasn’t a Bulldog he’d probably be facing some very different charges. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

CNN — 

I was not familiar with a Jeep Trackhawk.  Looked it up, and it has a 707 hp Hellcat engine.  No driver his age should be entrusted with such a machine, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Native Horn said:

I was not familiar with a Jeep Trackhawk.  Looked it up, and it has a 707 hp Hellcat engine.  No driver his age should be entrusted with such a machine, in my opinion.

We make people get a special license to drive commercial vehicles but not for these crazy modern marvels of engineering that can do 180 mph. It's pretty dumb. Nobody needs that.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

We make people get a special license to drive commercial vehicles but not for these crazy modern marvels of engineering that can do 180 mph. It's pretty dumb. Nobody needs that.

180++
do you want speed limiters via legislation or power limits via legislation? Do you outlaw modifications? Are you a communist? 🤣

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

In Texas that’s easily multiple felonies he could’ve been charged with, especially since the race resulted in a death and serious injuries. Can’t believe he only got misdeamenors in Georgia. If he wasn’t a Bulldog he’d probably be facing some very different charges. 

I've lived in Georgia since 1984. There used to be pretty strict traffic enforcement here, but no longer. Today most tickets are for driving only 80 in the left lane and thus impeding traffic 

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

IQ test for drivers license

Problem solved

Except most in Georgia will be needing to switch to public transportation

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

Is there video proof of racing  ?

Is there proof under the influence ?

he can afford elite lawyers / Georgia alums will be lined up to defend him 

Edited by tx 3 putt

On 3/10/2021 at 2:30 AM, TheFlyingBoat said:

That's cute if you think governments are as corrupt as the SEC. Only government on part with SEC type corruption relative to the rules binding them is in Albany. Other than that, the dudes in government look like saints compared to how crooked the SEC is. They wipe their ass with the rules and laugh as they show their shit-covered rule book to the NCAA.

Lots of incomprehensible word salad up in there. 

Show us on the doll where the SEC touched you. 

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Lots of incomprehensible word salad up in there. 

Show us on the doll where the SEC touched you. 

That's because there's a typo. Replace part with par so the sentence reads "[The] only government on par with SEC type corruption relative to the rules binding them is in Albany." In other words, when you compare the level at which they violate the law relative to the legal burdens placed on them, the SEC looks worse than any government besides Albany.

But also why the fuck are you bumping a comment that will be celebrating its second birthday in a week you dweeb?

Edited by TheFlyingBoat
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Is there video proof of racing  ?

Is there proof under the influence ?

he can afford elite lawyers / Georgia alums will be lined up to defend him 

I dont know if there is video proof, but they claim to have evidence of it. If its not video evidence, I guess it could be witness testimony or possibly data from the event data recorder which would presumably be in these newer cars. Doesnt sound like they tested him for DUI, so he probably skates there if he was drunk. 

In interviews reviewed by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Carter misled prosecutors, first claiming he was a mile away from the accident before later acknowledging he was alongside the car that crashed, ultimately killing teammate Devin Willock, 20, and recruiting analyst Chandler LeCroy, 24. The crashed car was traveling more than double the speed limit. Additionally, toxicology reports revealed that LeCroy was driving with a blood alcohol concentration of .197, more than double the legal limit. 

"The evidence demonstrated that both vehicles switched between lanes, drove in the center turn lane, drove in opposite lanes of travel, overtook other motorists, and drove at high rates of speed, in an apparent attempt to outdistance each other," the ACCPD said in a statement. "Evidence indicated that shortly before the crash, the Expedition was traveling at about 104 miles per hour." 

If the car that crashed was doing 104 and he admits to being alongside the car when it crashed, that would seem to hint at him also driving 100+. So two cars going 100+ on a road with a speed limit of 40, seems a lot like racing to me. I'm guessing that if Carter was some random 22 year old black male, and not a UGA star player and soon to be NFL top 5 pick, this would have played out a bit differently. The university probably immediately started throwing its weight around to make the entire thing go away, as they are likely to get sued for a fuckton of money. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I dont know if there is video proof, but they claim to have evidence of it. If its not video evidence, I guess it could be witness testimony or possibly data from the event data recorder which would presumably be in these newer cars. Doesnt sound like they tested him for DUI, so he probably skates there if he was drunk. 

I thought he left the scene before police arrived?