Motley Crue fans!

Goredho

Saw back to back shows in St Louis and Chicago. 

St Louis was a beating. 102 on the thermometer, had to be way over that on the field. 3+ gallons of water and should have choked down more. 

Chicago was a damn near perfect show in terms of weather. 74 with a breeze off the lake. Gorgeous evening for a show. Much more enjoyable.

Vince’s voice is about shot. Let’s be honest though, he wasn’t super great live when his voice was in much better shape. Now add a couple decades and there ya go.

Crue is turning up the low end a good bit to help. It’s not a terrible performance, and is still a great time.

Def Leppard kills it pretty good. Typical Leppard show, and a great experience for sure.

Poison was great. Love seeing them, even with the mostly the same material to work with for 25 years. Still a good time.

Joan was interesting. It’s been a good while since I’ve seen her, but was nice to see her embrace the Runaway’s and throw out a few of those.

There is a band before Joan, but I don’t recall their name. They start about 10 minutes after  the gates open. What I managed to catch was pretty good. Newer band, harder rock, but not like a raven’s age or ice nine kills shit.

Crue closed STL, Leppard closed Chicago. I guess they alternate, or maybe there is another metric that maybe overrides that or something.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Saw them in 2014 (or 2015?) in Cedar Park with Alice Cooper during their 'retirement tour.'  It was a great, fun show.  Seems they should have stayed retired.

Definitely should have... Vince obviously has no self control, Tommy and Nikki have other shit going on. And God bless him but Mick with his AS has been in rough shape physically for years.  And ironically he's by far the best at his craft in the band