Space X launch in 5 minutes 1/18/22

Gil Bang

23 minutes ago, Captainant said:

That double landing will never not be some fucking sci-fi shit. Legit blows my mind, despite this being the 150th and 151st successful landing. 

I've been an electrical engineer and computer programmer for almost 30 years and it still blows my mind, too.  I know exactly how it's done, and it's still just so incredibly impressive.

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Amazing how fast they came down and stopped.

I had my wife come sit down and watch it with me, she thought she was going to be bored but fewer than 10 minutes between liftoff and booster landing, and she was amazed and made me play it over again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I've been an electrical engineer and computer programmer for almost 30 years and it still blows my mind, too.  I know exactly how it's done, and it's still just so incredibly impressive.

What's exciting is that it's being replicated successfully on a smaller and more amateur scale too! A YouTuber put out a video of a rocket take off and landing with Estes rocket motors!

It's thrilling to see people realizing that the impossible, isnt. It's also ridiculous how much computing power we can bring to bear on problems now, this guy ran thousands of hours of simulations to train his flight model - and he's just one dude!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...