Alex Smith - "Devastating Complications" Re: To His Injury

Wally Pryor

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Was just curious what nec fasc?   I could tell thru plenty of your other posts that your wife is cool af. 

necrotizing fasciitis 

That was the fear for about a half day.  Google away for some pics.  It did look like that but they followed it with skin markings etc and thank God it slowed and CT scans showed no actual pockets of gas developing under the skin. 

*Type III necrotising fasciitis is caused by Clostridia perfringens or less commonly Clostridia septicum. It usually follows significant injury or surgery and results in gas under the skin. 

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Underdog said:

He's apparently been cleared for football activities...  wow.  Hope he doesn't try to comeback, would hate to see an even more devastating/debilitating injury to him.  

I give him the utmost respect for all he has endured to return to health. Its one thing to rehab to be able to have the strength and mobility to play with your kids (and that fine as hell wife). But going back to the nfl...

Danny Devito No GIF

• Like 2

He's apparently been cleared for football activities...  wow.  Hope he doesn't try to comeback, would hate to see an even more devastating/debilitating injury to him.  
If he is cleared he is cleared.

In before Futureman says something about dak sucks and go get alex
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

GREAT FALLS, VA. (AP) - Washington quarterback Alex Smith’s hard fought return to football has been delayed if not permanently ended after a mixture of champagne and soda seeped thru a protective sock on his badly damaged right leg, leading to a recurrence of the nightmarish infection that almost claimed his leg and life.

”Oops!” said Smith’s incredibly hot wife, who then flashed her tits at this reporter to distract him from the subject of the article. 

Anyway, what was I writing?

-30-

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

GREAT FALLS, VA. (AP) - Washington quarterback Alex Smith’s hard fought return to football has been delayed if not permanently ended after a mixture of champagne and soda seeped thru a protective sock on his badly damaged right leg, leading to a recurrence of the nightmarish infection that almost claimed his leg and life.

”Oops!” said Smith’s incredibly hot wife, who then flashed her tits at this reporter to distract him from the subject of the article. 

Anyway, what was I writing?

-30-

Best we can tell, you were trying to attach your pic of the incredibly hot wife, but your keyboard got sticky. I was you, I'd be telling errbody it was champagne.

Or soda pop.

On 6/9/2020 at 7:21 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

It's amazing what a good sense of humor can do.

I had an aggy PA on my initial hospital stay at Methodist hospital in Dallas.  Pretty cool dude.  Being in a constant morphine state of mind my sense of humor with him was somewhat vicious at times. Needless to say he could dish it out as well as take it and there was lots of hysterical, if vicious laughter coming out of my hospital room.  Mrs Shooter thought we had all lost our minds at times.

Think I’d give up the leg to be able to tap a body that’s pumped out three kids and looks like that....

Lulz, totally quoted the wrong post. Still had Alex Smith’s hot ass wife on the brain.

Edited by Ignatius
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Maybe if football activities means the film room and never touching a field again. That thing does not look stable at all/looks like some drop foot as well. 

No shit. He didn't even steadily descend those few steps much less walk/move with a proper gait.  Unless they are clearing him to somehow benefit him contractually or financially, I don't see it.

If they cleared him to actually play?  That's flat fucking criminal.

3 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

No shit. He didn't even steadily descend those few steps much less walk/move with a proper gait.  Unless they are clearing him to somehow benefit him contractually or financially, I don't see it.

5 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Probably the same team doc who told Trent Williams that a growth on his head was nothing to worry about, only to find out later it was cancer.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Think I’d give up the leg to be able to tap a body that’s pumped out three kids and looks like that....

Lulz, totally quoted the wrong post. Still had Alex Smith’s hot ass wife on the brain.

I can very easily see how she could cause some confusion....

54 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Washington Deadshins. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bluto said:

His leg looks like one of those Boston scientific robots in that video. Was waiting on a kid to whack him across the back with a hockey stick or intentionally trip him to test it out.

Imagine that guy trying to evade Aaron Donald

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/17/2020 at 8:08 AM, Nope said:

Imagine that guy trying to evade Aaron Donald

he didn't. but he lived to tell the tale.

really, I can't believe he actually made it back to the field. the capacity that these guys have for injuries is astonishing sometimes

24 minutes ago, naija said:

he didn't. but he lived to tell the tale.

really, I can't believe he actually made it back to the field. the capacity that these guys have for injuries is astonishing sometimes

What a call that was by me lmao

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

He was always a class act even if I didn’t like the teams he played for. I’m glad for him to be able to retire on his own terms and I’m sure he’ll do well off the field. He’s already winning just being able to spend more time with his wife too.

• Hook 'Em 1