Roseanne s10

TexasMan

In interviews Goodman is pretty loyal to Roseanne.   The TV show has probably made him have a much easier life and be able to pick and choose whatever he wants.   He also seems to enjoy filming the series especially if they keep it fairly short seasons.   

Goodman was bigger in the 90s than he is now when he joined the show IMO

1 hour ago, Bevo VIII said:

Goodman was bigger in the 90s than he is now when he joined the show IMO

Depends on your opinion but his major roles before Roseanne (started in 88) was revenge of the nerds and raising Arizona.  Good roles but I’m not sure he was a household name for many until Roseanne.   

6 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Couldn't make it to the first commercial break. Just seemed too forced and trite. 

I haven't especially missed the show over the past 20 years, and based on what little I saw, I don't feel like I'll miss anything this time around. 

I almost turned it off at that point, but they seem to shake some of the rust off as it went along.

Roseanne season 1-3 is the greatest, show got dumb after that.

The best it ever was is in season one and the episode called Saturday, nothing but Dan betting Roseanne he could get his truck up and running. No politics, nothing about being gay or anything about women’s choices or whatever. Just good old nothing and laughs. The new season had me in the feels big time given I was 10 when the original came out. 

Yeah, it got bad when Roseanne took over the writing, right?  Love the early seasons.  Watched the first two episodes of S10 last night and went in with very low expectations thanks to this thread and I'm glad I did.  It allowed me to shake off the crappy stuff and enjoy the nostalgia.  My mom got into writing after dad died and has self published a couple books (Shell Silverstein type poems for kids - I keep telling her to take it to a real publisher and see what they say).  And John Goodman, especially now in his older years for some reason really reminds me of my dad.  Made me wish I could just blink and have pops back like it was just a bad episode of a tv show that never happened.  So, yeah, all the feels.

Edited by BlueGreySky

16 minutes ago, PokerFace said:

It wasn’t terrible, but I’m really surprised it got the ratings it did. I expected it to be a flop. Shows what i know.

Maybe you're too young to remember but the show was enormously popular back when it was on. It's been in syndication constantly since then. The question is whether or not they can sustain the numbers but I think a huge viewership for the premiere was guaranteed. The same would happen if they ever did a Seinfeld reboot. 

Maybe you're too young to remember but the show was enormously popular back when it was on. It's been in syndication constantly since then. The question is whether or not they can sustain the numbers but I think a huge viewership for the premiere was guaranteed. The same would happen if they ever did a Seinfeld reboot. 

It basically took Cosby show out of the number 1 spot.

Just caught it and enjoyed the fact they picked up the series as season 10.   

The laugh track was pretty jaring at first.  Thank god those aren’t a thing anymore. 

The politics didn’t bother me   Felt like a parody of discussion that probably happen in families.  Seemed on point.

Sarah Chalko: smoke. 

When do we get Married with Children?

Haven’t seen tonight’s but the pilot was fine. Took a minute to get started but then took off. Was funny. 

Also, the politics wasn’t nearly as heavy as I’d been lead to believe. And they actually took digs at both sides, which is unusual and refreshing. 

Ill keep watching. 

Chalke is pure smoke, Sweetin is not even close. 

I enjoyed it for what it was.  18+ million viewers is insane, especially since it got that for the 2nd episode as well.  Episode 3 dropped to 15 million.  If it stays anywhere near that for the rest of the season we will get a few more seasons.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:04 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Couldn't make it to the first commercial break. Just seemed too forced and trite. 

I haven't especially missed the show over the past 20 years, and based on what little I saw, I don't feel like I'll miss anything this time around. 

After watching the second episode, totally understand this.  Needs to be more like Seinfeld, a show about nothing.  too much bitching about the one kid not "respecting authority" and doing laundry, cleaning up, etc.   

On 4/2/2018 at 8:00 AM, Herpa Derpa said:

216581.2e16d0ba.fill-295x279.jpg

From my perspective, appears only one of the cast members would be truly enthused about a reboot.

What I would tune in to see is a Married with Children + Modern Family crossover episode, where Jay Pritchett is found out to be living a double life...

His 1st wife Peggy Bundy, still longs for her husband, but assumes he is dead after never returning from a shoe salesman convention in his hometown...

• Like 1

I could go for a Married With Children reboot if it was twisted. 20+ years later and they're all complete losers. Fat Peggy, bald drunk Al, bald, fat drunk Bud, Kelly with 3 rugrats and a cigarette permanently stuck in her mouth. And in the 1st episode they win the lottery.

• 4 weeks later...

I've liked it so far.  Love nostalgia stuff though.  It's hard to believe some of the old episodes were like 25 years old.  All things considered the cast looks pretty good.  I can believe how well Rosanne's mom looks on the show.  She looked like a grandma 25 years ago and looks like 10 years older now, not 25 years. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Capital City said:

DisneyABC sucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

Same Disney/ABC that owns ESPN that still has Jemele Hill on air? 

Man, Roseanne went off the rails on Twitter. ABC had no choice but to cancel the show.

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Ah Twitter. The platform that's led to the death of many an entertainer's career. 

Maybe Fox will pick it up like the Tim Allen show.

If they do, sounds like they'd be doing it sans Wanda Sykes and Sara Gilbert.

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Ah Twitter. The platform that's led to the death of many an entertainer's career. 

Maybe Fox will pick it up like the Tim Allen show.

I actually thought of this as it's such a ratings giant.  Allen's show was actually produced by 20th Century Fox, so it made it an easier move, Barr's show is not.....