Love Field Parking

milkman

How long are you going to be gone? Plenty of space in the garage across the street from the terminal. I don't know much about the long-term options. I live about 5 mins away and simply Uber back-and-forth these days.

Just gone for a few days.

• 3 months later...

Update:  phd jr. flying out next week (29th) to meet me in Denver for a weekend (I'm outta ATX).  Guess he can use Parking B it looks like, since only 2 days gone (Fri-Sat nights).  But...

Only one other question, this app called SpotHero seems to point to cheap parking, places like the Hilton for $5/day, 15-min. shuttle to airport.  We use FastPark here in Austin, they don't have that at DAL, and we've never used ParkingSpot, probably not gonna start now, but could.  

Anyway, anyone know anything about SpotHero, or just say fuggit and pay $26 for two days @ B?

Uber/Lyft looks like about $26-$30 up/back (he lives on Ross downtown).

Thx.

Edited by phdhorn

If he's flying out of Love, an Uber from downtown should be more like $15 each way (I would only expect the prices you quoted for rush hour, and even then they seem high).

I've never used SpotHero, but a 15 min shuttle is too long.  It takes 15 minutes to get from Downtown to Love, so I'm not sure what Hilton it's referring to.

All that to say I'd Uber or park in Garage B.  Anything else and you're making one of the most convenient airports...less convenient.

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

Update:  phd jr. flying out next week (29th) to meet me in Denver for a weekend (I'm outta ATX).  Guess he can use Parking B it looks like, since only 2 days gone (Fri-Sat nights).  But...

Only one other question, this app called SpotHero seems to point to cheap parking, places like the Hilton for $5/day, 15-min. shuttle to airport.  We use FastPark here in Austin, they don't have that at DAL, and we've never used ParkingSpot, probably not gonna start now, but could.  

Anyway, anyone know anything about SpotHero, or just say fuggit and pay $26 for two days @ B?

Uber/Lyft looks like about $26-$30 up/back (he lives on Ross downtown).

Thx.

Parking Spot has locations all over the place, so they are worth switching too and sticking with.  They also almost always have coupons on their website that are pretty good.  We used it last weekend at IAH and the coupon knocked $10 off.

35 minutes ago, Spoosner said:

If he's flying out of Love, an Uber from downtown should be more like $15 each way (I would only expect the prices you quoted for rush hour, and even then they seem high).

I've never used SpotHero, but a 15 min shuttle is too long.  It takes 15 minutes to get from Downtown to Love, so I'm not sure what Hilton it's referring to.

All that to say I'd Uber or park in Garage B.  Anything else and you're making one of the most convenient airports...less convenient.

Sorry, I meant the shuttle leaves from Hilton every 15 mins.  Not sure of ride time.

30 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Parking Spot has locations all over the place, so they are worth switching too and sticking with.  They also almost always have coupons on their website that are pretty good.  We used it last weekend at IAH and the coupon knocked $10 off.

Probably so.  Here in Austin they have one but FastPark is better.  There though it looks like there are several, though 1 has not great reviews.  Anyway,   probably them vs. Garage B.  Thx.

Edited by phdhorn

Been using the new garage since they opened a few months ago.  Garage C I think it is?  No clue what it costs, but it's convenient as hell.  Hardly anyone ever parks in there so you get a spot right next to the door every damn time and then it's just a short walk to ticket counters.  I don't know if people just don't know about it yet or what, but it's empty compared to the other garages.  Either that or valet, but this garage is damn near as convenient and I assume way cheaper than valet.

Garages A and C are $15 a day. B is $9. There's something on Love's site about premium parking in C being $25 a day. Valet is $26 a day. Good to know on C. May do that the next time we're going out of Love. 

Edited by mdmost