Shall we talk about heavy music?

Patricio Swayze

16 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Jesus, that’s terrible. 

7 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I've never been a huge fan of him, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's terrible.  It's nowhere near heavy enough for me and is pretty bland, but there is worse stuff out there.

6 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I like Howard, he was with Killswitch for some of their best stuff, but I don't like that song.

things can only get better

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely purchasing a ticket along with the new album.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/static-x-announces-wisconsin-death-trip-20th-anniversary-tour-with-devildriver-dope/

The surviving members of STATIC-X's original lineup — bassist Tony Campos, drummer Ken Jay and guitarist Koichi Fukuda — will embark on the "Wisconsin Death Trip" 20th-anniversary tour in June. Co-headlining the trek will be DEVILDRIVER, with support from DOPE.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:01 PM, Storm the Field said:

LOL, looked up the lead singer b/c that's quite a unique voice, and it looks like his day job is as a pheasant hunting guide. Not what I would have expected:

During a lull in the hunt: "So, Dave what do you do when you're not hunting." "Oh, I'm the frontman for a moderately succesful death metal band called Jungle Rot."

Him and the Nuge should totally hang.

Edited by bamachine

I know this is several years old, but it's something different from their typical music and a touching act of kindness to show some bands truly do care about their fans.

It proves Randy is capable of melodic vocals and Mark Morton's riff in this tune is pretty damn catchy. Mark Morton's solo album is going to be pretty damn good.

• Like 1

I saw Slipknot for the first time about two years ago and I was impressed that Corey was not a dbag. He was very appreciative of the 30 and 40 somethings in the crowd. It must be kind of weird watching your crowd age and not have as much energy as when you're playing to a bunch of kids.

Behemoth puts on a good show and I'd like to see Gojira. I'd go to that show.

On 2/13/2019 at 2:22 PM, Storm the Field said:

Slipknot is doing a big tour with Gojira and Behemoth this summer. That's I show I'd considering going to see just to see the supporting acts and skip the headliner (nothing against Slipknot though).

Agreed. I'd rather just see a Behemoth and Gojira tour, but I'd stick around to see some Slipknot.

On 2/24/2019 at 6:38 PM, zlavydra said:

Probably before that. Colony was probably the last passable release.

I was disgusted the first time I listened to Siren Charms, then recently this year I gave it another try and liked several of the songs. Clayman was a solid album, RTR will always gain criticism because they evolved as a band. I was hooked on Cloud connected the first time I heard it and I liked the Come Clarity/Sounds of a playground fading albums.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Flames_discography

Reroute to Remain is where they began changing their sound and drew a lot of criticism from fans who felt betrayed.

I felt Come Clarity was their best release after that point and these songs are from that album. I would rank Sounds of a Playground Fading up there as well, that was a solid album. I am above isn't very good, hopefully it doesn't reflect the new album as a whole.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2019 at 6:51 PM, Chad said:

I was disgusted the first time I listened to Siren Charms, then recently this year I gave it another try and liked several of the songs. Clayman was a solid album, RTR will always gain criticism because they evolved as a band. I was hooked on Cloud connected the first time I heard it and I liked the Come Clarity/Sounds of a playground fading albums.

I see your point, but for me they simply started playing a very different style of music, which I just don't like.  Can't say I feel betrayed, because they should absolutely play whatever style they feel like, but when they started going in a nu-metal-type direction, I just wasn't interested.

Megadeth is better than Metallica. Change my mind.

Aren’t you the dude that likes nickleback? Pretty sure no one has the energy to change your mind about your poor taste in music.

Megadeth is good. Some great songs. But like it was already said, nothing compared to the first three Metallica albums (yes, we all know he wrote songs on all of them).

Megadeth is better than Metallica of the last 30 years though.
  • Like 2

Yes sir.

I think your last statement is what I was feeling when Reckoning Day came on my playlist earlier this week. Metallica pretty much died for me after the Black Album, but Megadeth has continued to crank out some pretty good stuff since then. The System Has Failed in particular is notable but shit even that is fifteen years old now. But go back and listen to Holy Wars. Holy shit.

I like the history between the two bands. They are important to each other. I like crazy Dave as a front man and an enigma in general. But I do think that AJFA era Metallica is as good as it gets in that arena. And I’ve seen Metallica many more times than Megadeth and there’s no question who brings it better in a live show.

I’m happy that both exist.

• Like 1

It sounds much better than the I am above single they released, there are definitely some catchy riffs. If you're expecting old school In Flames don't bother, but this does contain more aggressive vocals than what was contained on Siren Charms/Battles with a nice solo.

• Like 2