Shall we talk about heavy music?

Patricio Swayze

Been listening to the new Khemmis a lot since its release last week. "Maw of Time" and "The Seer" are great tracks. These guys might have supplanted Pallbearer as my favorite doom metal band, though I suppose they're more of a "doomy" traditional metal band than a straight doom band.

Those are my favorite tracks as well. I was concerned it was going to be more metalcore after the first single, but it’s still got plenty of doom.

Probably not better than Hunted, but a really nice album.

I first heard about Sasquatch on the old site's version of this thread...they are playing a few dates on the east coast

JUL 18

WED

Kung Fu Necktie

Asthma Castle

The Age Of Truth

Philadelphia, PA, United States

JUL 19

THU

Ottobar

Asthma Castle

Thought Eater

Haze Mage

Baltimore, MD, United States

JUL 20

FRI

Saint Vitus Bar

Asthma Castle

Leather Lung

New York, NY, United States

JUL 21

SAT

Grub, Sweat, and Beers - Day 1

Bible of the Devil

Sundrifter

Asthma Castle

Hey Zeus

Birnam Wood

Scaphism

Test Meat

The Humanoids

Red Mantis

Boston, MA, United States

• 2 weeks later...

That popped up on my Spotify a couple days ago. I think it’s pretty good but Elias’ voice is aging. Not too surprising with how he sings and how long they’ve been around. I saw them many moons ago on their first album tour and I was impressed.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm kinda late to the party on Obscura, but man, this song. Outro riff from 3:20-4:00 is my crack. 

This is the type of stuff I listen to and its 50/50 on whether I should really focus on practicing guitar several hours a day to eventually be even a fraction this good, or just hang it up forever and leave it to the pros.

7 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

I'm kinda late to the party on Obscura, but man, this song. Outro riff from 3:20-4:00 is my crack. 

This is the type of stuff I listen to and its 50/50 on whether I should really focus on practicing guitar several hours a day to eventually be even a fraction this good, or just hang it up forever and leave it to the pros.

Sounds like Trivium if Trivium didn’t suck shit. 

Why aren’t you in the guitar threads ?

On 9/18/2018 at 3:19 PM, Buzzrock said:

Why aren’t you in the guitar threads ?

Eh, I like playing guitar but I'm not a "guitars guy" if that makes any sense. Parents decided I needed a hobby when I was 14 and been playing ever since, but I don't collect guitars or spend any time looking at gear. 

With that said, I am building a house over the next year or so and plan to make the upstairs study basically a guitar studio, so I'll definitely be looking to fill it up with some decent stuff over the years.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

This popped up on spotify while I was at the gym the other day.  Love it!.

It definitely has the Iowa album vibe to it. Corey Taylor described the new album as a "mature" version of Iowa and it will contain the heaviest song Slipknot has ever released. I can't wait to hear the new album.

Fuck yeah, new album out from Psycroptic. Thrashy, technical, death metal. Riffs for days.
Still on my initial listen, but track 3 (7:51) is my favorite so far.
Gonna give it a try. Wasn't a big fan of the first single. Loved their last offering, possibly their best. Will be hard to top that one, especially from what I've heard so far.

If you haven't seen them live, do yourself a favor and go to their next show when they're in town

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2018 at 2:55 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

LOL, looked up the lead singer b/c that's quite a unique voice, and it looks like his day job is as a pheasant hunting guide. Not what I would have expected:

imgur>

During a lull in the hunt: "So, Dave what do you do when you're not hunting." "Oh, I'm the frontman for a moderately succesful death metal band called Jungle Rot."

• Like 1