Shall we talk about heavy music?

Patricio Swayze

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 2:39 PM, Buzzrock said:

He’s like a goofball Viking warrior. From Jersey. Love him.

Can't remember who said it, maybe Jim Florentine, that Zakk Wylde went from looking like a teenage girl to looking like someone who would stalk teenage girls. 

Saw him in '17 with his Zakk Sabbath project...awesome shit 

18ceea65f2e8a0ad6680dd4f266b0a90.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I've always felt like AILD's clean vocals were hit or miss.  More miss on that one I think.  Glad they are still making music though.

I agree. I felt the clean vocals on shaped by fire were well done and better than this, but I'm just glad to see the majority of the original lineup still together and pumping out some new material. Sucks that Nick Hipa left.

Edited by Chad

On 10/28/2021 at 1:25 PM, Storm the Field said:

Might be the most Gojira-sounding song Gojira has put out:

So I watched this this morning and it’s been stuck in my head all day and now just made my buddy watch it and I think I love it. It’s not mind blowing, but it sticks in your head and the video takes it to 11. 

12 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I don’t care what anyone says, Corey Taylor is a great frontman. Never complains, and makes every crowd feel like he’s been waiting all year to see them. They are somehow at the top of their game 21 years in.

Steve o has a pod and Corey was on it. Very entertaining. 

I've done the rounds with Corey going to Slipknot. SS, and his acoustic live shows. Guy likes to talk that's for sure.  

• Like 1

On 11/10/2021 at 7:29 AM, Chad said:

This band may not be the biggest name but they're so versatile and so good. They consistently churn out solid albums.

Yeah - as others said - Mastodon is plenty big. I mainly dip my feet in heavy metal but I'm well aware of who they are. (Not that winning a fucking Grammy makes you - plenty of shitass artists and artists no one has heard of win Grammys)

(I like that track btw)

This was my intro to Mastodon.

Edited by ztejas

11 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m at Welcome to Rockville. Got inside just in time to see Spiritbox fucking crush it. They are excellent live.

And Gojira. Got damn. They are so. Fucking. Heavy live. Face properly melted.

Next up Cypress Hill then Slipknot.

I dig Spirtbox. She's got some pipes on her, not to the extent of the woman that fronts Arch Enemy, but close. I've grown rather fond of this one :

11 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I don’t care what anyone says, Corey Taylor is a great frontman. Never complains, and makes every crowd feel like he’s been waiting all year to see them. They are somehow at the top of their game 21 years in.

I saw the set list, good mix of old and new but I would have liked to hear Solway as well personally 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m at Welcome to Rockville. Got inside just in time to see Spiritbox fucking crush it. They are excellent live.

And Gojira. Got damn. They are so. Fucking. Heavy live. Face properly melted.

Next up Cypress Hill then Slipknot.

Did you get to see the Brass Against singer give a fan a golden shower?