Shall we talk about heavy music?

Patricio Swayze

• 2 weeks later...

People watching was epic, although a negative side effect of the enfattening of America is that a lot of the trashy rock chicks are now trashy fat rock chicks.

Saw Highly Suspect, Apocalyptica, Halestorm, Evanescence, Ministry, Bring Me the Horizon, Tenacious D, and NIN today. I don’t know how NIN hasn’t lost a step in 30 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

People watching was epic, although a negative side effect of the enfattening of America is that a lot of the trashy rock chicks are now trashy fat rock chicks.

Saw Highly Suspect, Apocalyptica, Halestorm, Evanescence, Ministry, Bring Me the Horizon, Tenacious D, and NIN today. I don’t know how NIN hasn’t lost a step in 30 years.

Agree re: trashy fat rock chicks.  Also agree re: NIN.  Saw them 4-ish years ago and he fucking killed it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zlavydra said:

The Wargasm I know was a pretty good thrash band from Boston. I'm assuming this isn't the same outfit.

think it's the same. they just put out a compilation in 2021. this site, btw, is your friend:
https://www.metal-archives.com/search?searchString=wargasm&type=band_name

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Wargasm/757

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

think it's the same. they just put out a compilation in 2021. this site, btw, is your friend:
https://www.metal-archives.com/search?searchString=wargasm&type=band_name

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Wargasm/757

I'm definitely familiar with Metal Archives. I'm also pretty sure the band playing this festival is not the one from Boston, rather a UK group that I discovered 5 minutes ago via Google. I would love to be wrong, however 

In Flames: great
Clutch: awesome
In This Moment: take themselves Very Seriously
Crown the Empire: OK
Mastodon: love
Baroness: First time seeing them and they killed it. Gina is the shit.
GWAR: funny and terrible
Meshuggah: Maybe the most brootal band I’ve ever seen. Bill and Troy from Mastodon were stage-side.
Slipknot: was Slipknot

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

In Flames: great
Clutch: awesome
In This Moment: take themselves Very Seriously
Crown the Empire: OK
Mastodon: love
Baroness: First time seeing them and they killed it. Gina is the shit.
GWAR: funny and terrible
Meshuggah: Maybe the most brootal band I’ve ever seen. Bill and Troy from Mastodon were stage-side.
Slipknot: was Slipknot

keep em coming

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bigpoppapump said:

Forgot to mention I went to Mercyful Fate in Dallas last week. It was spectacular. 

I saw them in a club in suburban DC in 1997. They were not spectacular. However, I'm expecting a much better performance in 2 weeks on the last show of the tour in Atlanta.

Forgot to mention I went to Mercyful Fate in Dallas last week. It was spectacular. 
I saw them in a club in suburban DC in 1997. They were not spectacular. However, I'm expecting a much better performance in 2 weeks on the last show of the tour in Atlanta.
I saw them at Psycho Las Vegas in August and again outside Sacramento last week. Incedible show.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 12:37 PM, Bigpoppapump said:

I was coming to post this.  Definitely my favorite metal band in the last few years.  They are good friends of one of my buddy's and played a benefit show for his wife who has cancer.  Good dudes and really great metal.

This is one of my favorite tracks from the album:

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Apparently I listened to 29 different genres and 1092 different artists. holy shit. I know artists don't make shit on spotify but for someone who is always seeking new shit, it's a pretty invaluable resource.

317649100_5721078847981956_1953096342590752937_n.jpg

Honestly, I prefer Pandora for finding new music, as I think their algorithm is way better.  But different strokes I guess.

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Honestly, I prefer Pandora for finding new music, as I think their algorithm is way better.  But different strokes I guess.

I used pandora forever and then they started feeding me all the same shit. would be willing to try it again, but at this point I see little reason to go back