Shall we talk about heavy music?

Patricio Swayze

19 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Oh nice, Cloak has a new album coming out in a few weeks. First since 2019. They've released a few singles already. 

Had to look up the show, saw them with 1349 and Uada and I remember looking forward to Cloak the most.

On 5/1/2023 at 1:57 PM, Storm the Field said:

Oh nice, Cloak has a new album coming out in a few weeks. First since 2019. They've released a few singles already. 

Scott Taysom's pre-cloak band The Haunting was pretty rad. I haven't really enjoyed what I've heard of Cloak. Saw them twice when they were starting up, and it seemed like style over substance. I'll check out the new one all the same. 

They have one more album of unreleased material to release. I thought this was a good, not great cover with their own twist it was only fitting an industrial metal band covered one of the biggest industrial hits of all time. It's a shame internal conflicts and constant lineup shuffling destroyed the potential of this band because their first two albums were phenomenal.

• 2 weeks later...

all jokes aside. these guys have been a guilty pleasure of mine for a while. they were the first brutal metal band I discovered and completely by accident. I think I bought a cheap used cd bundle of metal bands and one of their early albums was included. I've followed them peripherally through the years and even caught them live once. unlike most metal bands, I think they actually take their lyrics seriously - at least I think Travis Ryan does. good for them.

anywho, I've given this one listen and this shit slaps. might be their best offering yet. will need to give it a few more spins. vocally I think they might bridge a few preferences on this board - good mix of growls and just-on-the-verge-of clean singing vocals. give it a listen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I have probably linked it before but for those that like to delve deeper into bands this site is an excellent resource: https://www.metal-archives.com/

One of the reviews on there for Terrasite had the following title and I think it perfectly sums up Cattle Decap:

*in goblin voice* PLANT TREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES - 90%

On 5/14/2023 at 2:19 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

A melhor banda do Brasil.

Not a fan of Dorsal Atlantica or Vulcano?

Just noticed that Max and igor are touring in the fall and playing a venue here (Atlanta) that is rarely polluted by metal bands.

Edited by zlavydra

one of the most underrated metal albums ever, imho

I am a huge fan of Fudge Tunnel, which is a band that is also criminally underrated. So Max, Igor and Alex Newport, hell yeah. The cover of Police Truck is so good with Peligro on drums.

Back in college (1990s) our drummer graduated so rather than get a new drummer I wanted to experiment with a drum machine because I was a big fan of nailbomb. I contacted Alex and he was nice enough to tell me which he used for the songs on the album that Igor didn’t play on and how to set it up. I never got his results but I thought was really cool of him.
  • Hook 'Em 3

56 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I am a huge fan of Fudge Tunnel, which is a band that is also criminally underrated. So Max, Igor and Alex Newport, hell yeah. The cover of Police Truck is so good with Peligro on drums.

Back in college (1990s) our drummer graduated so rather than get a new drummer I wanted to experiment with a drum machine because I was a big fan of nailbomb. I contacted Alex and he was nice enough to tell me which he used for the songs on the album that Igor didn’t play on and how to set it up. I never got his results but I thought was really cool of him.

that IS really fucking cool.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Anyone else at CATI tonight? Great show with Peelingflesh (love them), Organectomy, Extermination Dismemberment, Devourment, and Ingested? Killer show. Glad i got see Devourment live. Was happy to hear the crowd chatter about how great they were. Cheers!

Admit it. You just made all those bands up. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Admit it. You just made all those bands up. 

You're right

I got there in the middle of Peelingflesh's set and was still adjusting my eyes from sun so didn't take any pics of them. But they were badass. Hope they come through again.

Organectomy

20230517_193114.jpg

Extermination Dismemberment

20230517_202403.jpg

Devourment with Angel Ochoa (Abominable Putridity, Cephalotripsy, Disgorge) helping out with vocals on 'Babykiller'

20230517_214120.jpg

Ingested

20230517_222100.jpg

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1

Saw Possessed/UADA/Black Moriah last night.  Black Moriah was cool for 15 minutes, but they played for 45.  UADA really impressed once the mix cleared up. I'd definitely see them again. I dug the lighting all from the back and the refusal to even acknowledge the (small) crowd.

I had never seen Possessed before.  They never played anywhere near me "back in the day," and I missed them at Hell's Heroes in Houston in March in favor of catching some baseball in Austin.  The backing band ripped, but Becerra was fucking hammered.  He definitely gave it his all though, even if he couldn't keep up with the fastest vocal parts.  7 out of 10.

On 6/4/2023 at 12:48 AM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

deathcore is usually not my bag, but this one made me stop and listen. then I go look them up and it's 2 dudes, one 17 the other 22 (in 2022 when it was recorded). wtf did I even do with my youth? lol

The oldest member of Death Angel was 17 when The Ultraviolence was recorded in the mid-80s.  I think the drummer was 13. Might be exaggerating, but not by much.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...