Shall we talk about heavy music?

Patricio Swayze

RIGHT ... So...

As I was saying, it appears that Judas Priest has a new album this month. And it's really, really good. Halford still hitting the high notes like he was a third of his current actual age.

Blows my mind. The guy's old enough to be a grandfather. But kicking serious ass.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Like 1

RIP is epic and that one two punch of tracks one and two may be better than any two back to back Metallica songs. And Megadeth has continued to put out great music long after Metallica started to suck. But I don’t think I can get on board with that hot take.

RIP is epic and that one two punch of tracks one and two may be better than any two back to back Metallica songs. And Megadeth has continued to put out great music long after Metallica started to suck. But I don’t think I can get on board with that hot take.

Battery and MoP is tough to beat but I can also recognize how great the first two tracks of RIP are. I can't argue that Megadeth has continued to put out quality stuff (particularly The System Has Failed and United Abominations) but they also made some clunkers.
'tallica vs. 'deth is a tough question. Megadeth has been more prolific for sure and when you consider things like Lulu and St. Anger it is easy to shrug Metallica off. But nothing can erase the impressions Puppets and Justice made on my adolescence.
  • Like 1

Saw Sleep @ The Waiting Room in Omaha on Saturday night.

Set list; 

1.Dopesmoker

2. Holy Mountain

3. The Clarity

4. Dragonaout

5. From Beyond

6. Cultivator/Improved Morris

Was fucking fantastic.  Before they take the stage they start with like 15 minutes of radio chatter from the Apollo 11 mission culminating with "the eagle has landed" and then Matt Pike started in on Dopesmoker.  So good...

13 minutes ago, SnowAggy said:

Saw Sleep @ The Waiting Room in Omaha on Saturday night.

Set list; 

1.Dopesmoker

2. Holy Mountain

3. The Clarity

4. Dragonaout

5. From Beyond

6. Cultivator/Improved Morris

Was fucking fantastic.  Before they take the stage they start with like 15 minutes of radio chatter from the Apollo 11 mission culminating with "the eagle has landed" and then Matt Pike started in on Dopesmoker.  So good...

That sounds bad ass. Too bad they aren’t coming through Houston (or maybe I missed it). Looks like Melvin’s will be here in May. 

The Whores show was awesome. Turned me onto this band from KC called Bummer. Really digging their stuff. Kind of remind me of KARP. 

I took a few photos that I posted in the photography thread in “hobbies”.  

Holy shit...just finding out about this band out of Seattle called Helms Alee. Wow, I am really digging their stuff. And since I am late to the game, there is a lot to listen to. Unfortunately, I can’t find a few of my favorite tracks on YouTube to post, but their bandcamp has them all. I suggest tracks 8 and 11 off their latest “Stillicide”.

https://helmsalee.bandcamp.com

Here is one from another album:

Saw some Incantation-inspired death metal last week. I highly recommend a band called Spectral Voice, from Denver.  They played a 45-minute set of absolutely crushing death with no pauses between songs, and sans lights.  Let's say it was dark, literally and metaphorically.  A local band, Encoffination, opened.  Good stuff all around.

What the fuck happened to Godsmack? It's like they're not even trying any longer. I don't know what their aim is to become the next Nickelback or what? Change isn't always a necessarily a bad thing and I enjoyed Sully's Avalon solo project but this is crud.