Shall we talk about heavy music?

Patricio Swayze

23 minutes long so know that going in.   Quite the journey.  At times there is throat singing.  There are harmonies that are interesting.   And some sax at the end.  Man, digging this one.  Not in the "brutal" category.  I've seen it called 'progressive death' but at time its atmospheric death as well.   If you know more like this, speak up.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

On 1/24/2022 at 8:53 PM, Buzzrock said:

I’m a big Ghost fan but that song hasn’t really grown on me much. It’s pleasant enough but doesn’t really grab me.

I would like to thoroughly retract this statement now. Something flipped a switch and damn I love it now. Looks like a whole new album coming in March. 🤘🏼

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh shit! I forgot this was coming out… I totally dug it my first time through. Danny’s work in that middle section is so fucking tasty and the highlight for me for now

The slower, mellow groove versus the original driving banger is a bit off putting in that first third of it, but I would guess I’ll come to embrace it over time.

Maynard can still belt it!

36 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Oh shit! I forgot this was coming out… I totally dug it my first time through. Danny’s work in that middle section is so fucking tasty and the highlight for me for now

The slower, mellow groove versus the original driving banger is a bit off putting in that first third of it, but I would guess I’ll come to embrace it over time.

Maynard can still belt it!

considering Opiate has been one of my favorite Tool songs since first hearing it all those years ago, I cannot get behind this version.

I'll say it again: Tool today sounds like if a Tool cover band put out an album. Sure, it kinda sounds like Tool, but that shit ain't Tool. Is it?

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

considering Opiate has been one of my favorite Tool songs since first hearing it all those years ago, I cannot get behind this version.

I'll say it again: Tool today sounds like if a Tool cover band put out an album. Sure, it kinda sounds like Tool, but that shit ain't Tool. Is it?

just had this same conversation the other night. they were one of my favorite bands forever, and it's almost unfathomable to me that tool would put out an album in the year 2019 that i had zero interest in. opiate doesn't need to be 10 minutes long, it was fine how it was. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

The backing vocals on Call Me Little Sunshine are awesome live. But damn those new Nameless Ghoul masks look like they would be tough to perform in.

They didn't seem to have any issues a couple weeks ago when I saw them, fuckers ran all over the stage.  Bet they are super lightweight.  
They put on a great fucking show.    Tobias knows how to entertain a crowd.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ya’ll are already hip to Ghost, but sounds like they are getting their just rewards from their new album.  I dig them, and am glad to see anything rock/metal/guitar making some musical waves.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/ghosts-impera-is-the-highest-selling-album-in-the-us-so-far-in-2022

Ghost's Impera is the highest-selling album in the US so far in 2022

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Yeah, but I do love the production value. In a sea of black, his sound is unique. I still dig him. 

That Jungle Rot song is great. Thanks for posting it. 

big JR fan. their live shows are great. they are really tight and sound amazing live. check em out if you get the chance